Discout Tickets

Seandee

Earning My Ears
I was wondering if anyone has ever listened to a time share presentation to get discounted tickets?????? Is it worth it? I will be visiting in June and the ticket prices will just about be the death of me, lol...I have 6 kiddos going.

First, I wouldn't count on any tour giving you discount tickets for 8 people. Maybe the 2 adults in the party (assuming you're not the only one). Second, it's not worth my 3 hours and repeatedly saying "no". That's just me though. Have a great trip either way! :)

First, I wouldn't count on any tour giving you discount tickets for 8 people. Maybe the 2 adults in the party (assuming you're not the only one). Second, it's not worth my 3 hours and repeatedly saying "no". That's just me though. Have a great trip either way! :)

THanks...that's what I was thinking, We are super excited!

The problem with these tickets (aside from the high pressure sales tactics which can be really, really persistent), and the lost vacation time, is the limited number of days on the tickets and the limited number of tickets. These are not regular tickets and can not be upgraded (usually). You couldn't add extra days or options to them- so any savings could be minimal.

IMO- absolutely not worth it unless you are actually considering buying the time share in the first place.

Have you considered enrolling some of the children in the Disney YES program?

It takes a morning of your time, but the activities are educational, and you can get discounted park tickets for your family.

My daughter enrolled our 8 year old grandson in an activity at Epcot. I chaperoned him. It was a good activity. Their discount on the park tickets was significant... in the 30% range, if I recall.

Apologies, Seandee...

I just checked the Disney Yes website for current ticket prices, and it seems they have gone up since our grandson attended his program (2 years ago).

Still a bit cheaper than Underrcover Tourist, but only by about 10% now. Sorry about that.

I would be careful about these. Also watch out for the craigslist specials, scam scam scam. I have heard super horror stories about some of these presentations being huge screw overs, where you have to fight with them just to get the tickets you were promised.

I've even read a story where the people were picked up by the presenters and driven out to their timeshare resort, said no and demanded their tickets, then when they were ready to leave the presenters go "there was nothing in the agreement about bringing you back to your resort, have fun getting back there!".

Are they true stories?? Dunno, not sure why anybody would lie about something like this. I do know that I've never heard any positive stories about people in these types of situations, so that's something to think about as well!

I would stay away from time share presentations too.
We have bought tickets thru Undercover Tourist, and was very happy with their service. Depending on their ticket specials you can save up to $30 off each ticket. If you sign up for the Mousesavers.com newsletter and use their link you can get an additional (small) savings.

When comparing ticket prices, UT has the total price incl tax posted, while other sites may only show price with tax at check out.

Also, if you know for a fact you'll be back within a year, you should go with an annual pass. We go about 2x a year, so I try to make both trips about 6mo apart to keep it even and renew the passes just in time for the next set of trips. Lots of perks w/ the annual pass! Discounts at almost all stores and restaurants (I think the average is like 10% or something. Takes care of the taxes, and then some!)

Park hopper pass for a week on avg is like 330 or so....so 2 7day trips would be 660 or so. Regular annual passes are about 580. So u save a few bucks if u plan ahead, also like I said....store/restaurant discounts!

Actually the discount may have made us spend more, it was a poor excuse to tear up MouseGear and Mickey's Pantry lol...so I dunno how you'd feel about that, could be counter productive ;)

Apologies, Seandee...

I just checked the Disney Yes website for current ticket prices, and it seems they have gone up since our grandson attended his program (2 years ago).

Still a bit cheaper than Underrcover Tourist, but only by about 10% now. Sorry about that.

Thanks, do you have to be a Florida resident to participate in the program? I think I'm just going to buy the tickets from AAA...they offer a small discount :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter