Discount Rumors

wdhinn89

DIS Veteran
Are there any rumors as to when a new offer will drop for the General Public for the second half of the summer? Last year the day was May 2 but that day has come and gone.:(

Can be many rooms left for late summer. After the Disney+ and Chase visa. UK have just been given 20% off room rate from 8th July to 30th September 2022.

Rooms are really limited during that time. Over a few weeks only club rooms.

After a lot of subscribers dropped Disney +, they offered a discount on hotels.....an attempt to gain subscribers back. I would expect that will be the discount being offered as it is a pretty good percentage. If the parks and hotels are as packed as being reported, they do not need to offer additional discounts.

Well, I can see Disney corporate offering hotel discounts to lure people back to Disney+, even if hotels and parks are packed. I haven't looked at the financials in a while, but the parks (to include the hotels) aren't the biggest profit maker for Disney as a whole. I could've sworn ESPN actually pulled in more.

But regardless, a small cut in hotel profits (even if they're full), to keep their Disney+ membership numbers high is probably worth it, since pay TV is only growing more competitive as cable loses it's grab on channel bundling.

After a lot of subscribers dropped Disney +, they offered a discount on hotels.....an attempt to gain subscribers back. I would expect that will be the discount being offered as it is a pretty good percentage. If the parks and hotels are as packed as being reported, they do not need to offer additional discounts.
That’s never really stopped them from having discounts in the past though. I agree that I think D+ just probably is the discount for now and you may get a fall one that runs later summer into early October. Then a hotel only for all the Holiday festivities. Then who knows for 2023.

Just my opinion of course.

My guess is they are doing ok cause if they weren't they would be offering discounts. If you really want a discount Universal offers them.
Yes, I know, I am already going there for the second part of my vacation. Thank you

Parks are full but are the hotels?
Just checked a random week in June and it seems like there's very limited availability. It's been busy across the board, a lot of revenge travel (my trip in January was a twice-delayed one for a runDisney race weekend and there was a point where basically no hotels were showing availability aside from the most expensive suites) and who knows when that'll let up.

Just checked a random week in June and it seems like there's very limited availability. It's been busy across the board, a lot of revenge travel (my trip in January was a twice-delayed one for a runDisney race weekend and there was a point where basically no hotels were showing availability aside from the most expensive suites) and who knows when that'll let up.
June is part of the promotion going on now, it ends on July 7th so I would expect low inventory. As of today, there seems to be most of the room types available at the Contemporary for mid August.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!