Discount if package already booked?

have2getaway

DIS Veteran
Can you still get the package discount if you have already reserved a package before the discount comes out? I'm talking about the one offered to Disney Visa Card holders.

You will need to cancel your current package and rebook a whole new package with the discount rate, the new booking may or may not be exactly as the first booking, maybe dates or rooms categories can be different under the discounted promotion, in other words you can no longer just call and ask them to apply X discount to your reservation, Disney will cancel and start all over the process, as far as payments made to the original booking, you will definitely will get a refund as per Disney refund policy, I have not experienced if the transfer your balance toward the new reservation right away.
someone out there that can help with that question?

We used a TA to book a MYP with dining, but we are hoping to get the discount on dining if one is available. I've already made dining reservations. Will I lose these to get the discount?

We used a TA to book a MYP with dining, but we are hoping to get the discount on dining if one is available. I've already made dining reservations. Will I lose these to get the discount?
No you won't lose your dining reservations,they are linked to your My Disney Experience account and staying on property have nothing to do with it, people staying off site use the same system for ADR.

No you won't lose your dining reservations,they are linked to your My Disney Experience account and staying on property have nothing to do with it, people staying off site use the same system for ADR.

Thank you! This was my only concern!

ooooooooooh I thought for some reason that if they came out with a discount that fit your current reservations you could call and have it applied without having to cancel and rebook so you wouldn't lose your original reservation

I have never had to cancel and rebook to get the discount added to my current package. Is this new? I was also told that I could add the discount to other travel companions as long as I had their information. So one call should take care of 3 different vacation packages. I'm assuming that if that was true, they wouldn't cancel current package and book a whole new one. Seems that in order to cancel one package the actual person that booked that vacation should be the one calling and changing things. Guess I'll find out in a few hours. :yay:

ooooooooooh I thought for some reason that if they came out with a discount that fit your current reservations you could call and have it applied without having to cancel and rebook so you wouldn't lose your original reservation
I have never had to cancel and rebook to get the discount added to my current package. Is this new? I was also told that I could add the discount to other travel companions as long as I had their information. So one call should take care of 3 different vacation packages. I'm assuming that if that was true, they wouldn't cancel current package and book a whole new one. Seems that in order to cancel one package the actual person that booked that vacation should be the one calling and changing things. Guess I'll find out in a few hours. :yay:
I was just able to adjust my reservation (like a LOT) online without calling -- super easy, check and see if you have the change option on your reservation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter