DISCON Singles Take on the World!!!

I forgot....the Morrocan restaurant is very nice. I was just grateful that the belly dancer didn't pick on me!

Hey, Disneycub,

Maybe this time the belly dancer will pick on you!!! ;)

It is a pity we cannot really "dine around the world", I mean, eat appetizers at one country then have the main entree at a second country, etc... This way it would be possible to sample a bit of everything.

I would like to try any of the restaurants around WS. I have some restrictions to chinese food, though.

Hi,

I'd like to join you all for Whispering Canyon and the dining around the world too.
This is going to be sooooo much fun!!!:jester:

Bellemom, I thought really dining around the world would be awesome, too. That would have given us a chance to try a bunch of different places.
Steve, I'll try any place, too. We just did Teppanyaki on our last trip and thought that was very good. That's where the guy slices and dices your meal right in front of you. I've never done Morocco, so that might be fun, too. Watching a belly dancer while we eat might be interesting entertainment. ;) Then again, maybe that's too much entertainment. ;) ;) The family and I don't usually do a dinner in the World Showcase, so any place for dinner would be something new for me.
Suggestions, everyone?? :D

At the moment, I feel so cold down here that I can only wish for a bowl of the cheddar soup atl Le Cellier, the Canadian restaurant. On new year's eve, last year, they were selling that on the street stand and it was a true lifesaver for this shivering Brazilian. I think Le Cellier can accomodate the meat and potatoes types. Normally, I enjoy culinary adventures (it is my job, in fact): teppan also sounds wonderful. I have never been there. If we have to start suggesting I would say Le Cellier or Saint Angel (the mexican restaurant, inside the mayan pyramid).

I just realized, Belle, that you are coming all the way from Brazil! Wow! How wonderful that you are able to join us from so far away.

Le Cellier or the Teppanyaki sounds good to me, although I'll eat just about any place. :rolleyes:

BTW: 7/31 - I just posted a poll on the Dining Around the World. Check it out.

Hi Taryn, great thread! :)

There's a reception on the 28th at the Atlantic Dance Hall, right? How about if we arrange one of our meets there? I know that I might feel a little intimidated going there and standing around by myself. I don't know how the hall is set up, but if we had a table or something to gather at, that would be great.

* Bump *

Taryn, are you out there my friend? :)

Any new ideas/times/dates for our solo travellers meet(s)?

Kim

I PM'd Taryn, and told her we missed her. Also, that we're making plans and don't want to leave her out. She's having 'puter problems and can only pop in at work. Shell be back soon. She's doing Boma's for breakfast for sure.

Hi all!

Sorry to be away so long, I've been without a computer for a few weeks and so much has happened while I've ben gone I am struffling to catch up!

Looks like the Boma breakfast on the 3rd has been taken care of... thank you Barb and Tia!

As for the Akershus meet (proposed for Nov 27th) ... seems like those who were interested are also interested in the Whispering Canyon Dinner at the same time and all off my other evenings are filled up already! So here is my latest idea...

How about a slightly late-ish lunch on the 29th maybe 2:30 PM or 3 pm-ish? Added advantages... it is cheaper... and also those of us who are doing TOT that night won't have to eat dinner! Does this sound good?

Okay... on to the singles meet... I think Snowwark has a great idea about us having a table at the Atlantic Dance reception. I can plan on being there right at six and grabbing a table for us... I'll even bring a little sign or something! So this can kind of be our singles mini meet version one...

Then maybe if we would like to do something together again we could plan something at Epcot before those of us who want to go to Akershus have our meal... so like... maybe some sort of attraction meet at Epcot around 1pm or 1:30 ? Anyone have any favorites? Somewhere where we could have some time to chat would be great... I personally love Spaceship Earth or any of the countries... ideas greatfully accepted! I wanted to come up with some great concept but my poor old brain just isn't working these days! Help!

Anyway... these are my ideas...

Please post! I want to send a note to Marsha so she has our time noted in her plans so that we do not overlap with a ton of other great meets!

I missed you guys!

*Update: I just realized this will conflict with the Thrill ride meet... but if we have a mini meet at Atlantic Dance the night befoe will this be a problem? If we leave it to later in the the meet no one will need to meet other singles anymore... we will have been there for two days aleady! I am tempted to let these to overlap... anyone mind?*

OK, I'll admit to being confused. Is the Thrill Ride Meet on the 29th? Is that the date you're proposing to do the luncheon, Taryn? Or the 28th, which is registration day? :confused: Great idea to have the singles table at Atlantic Dance!!

The thrill ride tour is on the 29th, followed by the Tot marathon. Taryn, could we do a late lunch or early dinner at Akershus on the 28th? We could even hang around WS for a while after lunch, in case people can't make the meal, but can meet us at EPCOT later. And, then we could all head over to Altantic Dance at 6:00 and help you meet and greet any singles that come in later. I like the idea of a singles table for that night. It will give us a "home base"! :D

Sorry to confuse disneycub!

I did get the date wrong in my original post and I have fixed it now... I did mean the 29th and it is my understanding that that is the day Barry will do his Thrill ride meet.

You know... the more I think of it though , there is sooooo much going on, why don't we just all meet at the reception... and not worry so much about a major singles meet...

Move the Akershus lunch to the Friday and if people would like to get together and take a spin on It's A Small Fiord (aka the Malestrom) together beforehand and maybe join those of us who are interested in having lunch at Akershus after and call that our meet? Sound better?

I want to do everything!

Barb,

Cool idea about the 28th but when I proposed it at the beginning there seemed to be a lot of people who were not arriving until later so I kind of scrapped that idea...

Does having lunch on the 30th sound better... I'm kind of getting to like the idea... *smiles*

Sorry.....a non-solo traveler here who can't keep her thoughts to herself..... :rolleyes:

I think, Taryn, that you should stick to your original plan of a 'luncheon' singles meet on the 28th (Between Registration and the Reception). This will allow the singles who are there to form 'a base' (like mentioned by Barb :) ). That night, you can ALSO have a singles table to welcome the late-arrivals. :)

And I agree, that if you dont' do it right off the bat....there will be 'need' for one. :)

Just my .02 :D

Taryn, I hate to be the one that keeps putting a crimp in the plans, but it looks like Friday maybe the Tea at the GF. So, if you all decide to have lunch at Akershus on Friday, don't change it just for me. I don't want to hold everyone else up and make you all rearrange things just for me.
The only thing I could think of was just having lunch for whoever (singles and anyone else who wants to come-families, etc.) could make it on the 28th and have the "official" singles meet at 6:00 at Atlantic Dance. But, don't let just me make a mess of the plans! We've got plenty of other meets already planned and we'll have plenty of time to spend together.

Thanks guys!

I think you are right... I just wanted to please everyone and I suppose that is not always possible...

So I'll make a lunch PS at Akershus for say 2:30 pm then on the 28th (I'll need some time before the Atlantic meet to run back to the Dolphin and grab our sign for the Singles table and a few odds and ends) and hanging out at Epcot a bit before or after sounds great...

And then our meet will be at Atlantic Dance at 6pm till whenever...

I like it...

And for anyone who can't make it and is still a bit nervous about jumping in alone... just post here... I am sure there are many who would love to include you in their plans later on in the festivities!

There plans made!

Just send me a PM if you wish to join the Akershus lunch and I'll make a PS...

::wiping forehead:: Whew! ;) Don't you just love it when a plan finally comes togehter! :) :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter