Disclosing special needs

How would the average person know what a DAS is? They wouldn't be able to answer the second question, would they?..
Answering the second question is as simple as stating how waiting outside the regular standby line would help alleviate the problem/issue described in the first question. (1. What is the problem with waiting in lines? 2. How would waiting outside the lines help that problem? -- why wouldn't "the average person" be able to answer the second question?)
CMs are trying to make sure that each guest understands clearly that having a DAS does not remove the waiting, only the wait in the regular line. Some people are still under the misapprehension that a DAS = a front of the line pass = no waiting ever for any ride, and that is absolutely incorrect. CMs want to make sure that guests do understand that having a DAS may shorten the waiting and can move the waiting to areas outside the regular line, but it will not remove the wait itself.

Last edited:
Each time we have gotten the DAS pass my daughter has had to be present. They ask a few questions, and her disability is very obvious, and they take her picture. Finally they have to scan each member or your parties band if you have one. Of course I totally believe that all people using the system should provide doctor documentation. But that's just me. We brought her years ago before DAS and successfully did the entire magic kingdom in one day. Now it takes 2 because of the system change because people like to cheat the system.
I would not say people like to cheat the system ( I do know some thst there only disabilities is mobility and that is not what the DAS is for) but too many people now need the DAS. The park has gotten busy and some people that could do 30 minutes lines and be fine with out any halo now need help with the increase in crowds

I am glade no dr note is needed been over 10 years since I have seen my psychology/ therapist worked very hard at over coming my disability in my every day life. Thst I just did not need the help from them. I still have hard time and bad days but I can get through them on my own I do need help st Disney and thst is we’re the DAS and some of my own things come in to play

I would not say people like to cheat the system ( I do know some thst there only disabilities is mobility and that is not what the DAS is for) but too many people now need the DAS. The park has gotten busy and some people that could do 30 minutes lines and be fine with out any halo now need help with the increase in crowds

I am glade no dr note is needed been over 10 years since I have seen my psychology/ therapist worked very hard at over coming my disability in my every day life. Thst I just did not need the help from them. I still have hard time and bad days but I can get through them on my own I do need help st Disney and thst is we’re the DAS and some of my own things come in to play
I was referring to the people that were hiring someone to be "disabled" . People were making money doing this and it's just wrong . A

It is why they changed. This was huge news several years ago. Disney actually did a big investigation. But I think the das has been a good thing. We've had no real issues. They need it for restaurants. We waited 45 minutes past our reservation time at CRT. Daughter missed meds and had started spasming from the heat , in the waiting area.

It is why they changed. This was huge news several years ago. Disney actually did a big investigation. But I think the das has been a good thing. We've had no real issues. They need it for restaurants. We waited 45 minutes past our reservation time at CRT. Daughter missed meds and had started spasming from the heat , in the waiting area.

No, it’s not. While that story made big news, Disney had already been looking at changing the system and moving away from the GAC. Overuse was the biggest driver, although abuse was also a problem. The way the timing of the change tracked with FP+ indicates to me that Disney knew there was no way to maintain a feasible, predictable FP+ system with an unknown number of guests and their parties going into any FP line whenever they wanted. No way to predict how many people would be in a given FP+ line at any given time.

No, it’s not. While that story made big news, Disney had already been looking at changing the system and moving away from the GAC. Overuse was the biggest driver, although abuse was also a problem. The way the timing of the change tracked with FP+ indicates to me that Disney knew there was no way to maintain a feasible, predictable FP+ system with an unknown number of guests and their parties going into any FP line whenever they wanted. No way to predict how many people would be in a given FP+ line at any given time.
Being a Floridian, I know a LOT of people who have either cheated the system (blatantly faked disabilities) or just felt entitled to a GAC. My own mother was bragging about going on Toy Story multiple times in a day. I asked her how, because we couldn't get near it once. Her friend had the pass so they went on things over and over..it was great when it changed to DAS. They went to GS to get one and were refused. My mother 'Yes my friend can play golf but he can't wait in line with his back!!!' I have a lot of stories like this and can't imagine how many people were using the GAC like this. And no way they just created the FP system in a couple of months due to the story about paid guides, that system is massive and took years to implement.

Here is an article on Use not abuse this was written right before the DAS started.

I too know a few people that a wheelchair ( or mobility device) is all they need to be able to access rides but still get the DAS

As I waited in the short line, my son started kicking his brother by the time I got to the front of the line I was holding on to my 8 year old back. They asked me no questions by the time I got to the front. she said DAS? how many people in your group?
I was told that the lines are longer in the first hour the park opens. Dont worry you have enough to worry about.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter