Disboutiquers Part 30 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

I lurk on this thread. I have posted a few times. I love all that you make and your giving ways.
I would like to know if there is some way I can use my sewing skills to help and bring comfort to The Ohio State University Medical Center. I Googled it and all I can find is monetary donations.
Long story short, my son was in a head on collision tonight at 6pm. He is lucky he is alive and was Life Flighted to OSU. We got to the accident site 10 minutes after it happened and watched as they took off the roof and pulled him out. DH took pictures of the car and we still do not know if the lady who pulled out in front of him is OK. They Life Flighted both of them to different hospitals.
My son is OK. Major trauma to the chest and lungs and a fractured/dislocated ankle. They will do surgery on tomorrow.
But as I sat in the waiting room I looked around all the families were not so lucky.:sad: There has to be some way I can give comfort and hope to those people.
I know I only sew and design but does anyone have a resource so I can find a way?
I know I am posting this in the middle of the night but I cannot sleep. This is not a solicitation for anything just point me in the right direction.

I will end this on a miracle moment. As we watched EMS tear the roof off the car, a van pulled up behind us. It was a priest! He asked if anyone needed his help. He was like God sent us an angel. I felt better immediately. I knew God was there and kept my son safe as the Life Flight copters took off.
Sorry to go on but I really needed vent and be amazed at the sheriffs, EMS, fire department and staff at Ohio State. There is not an emoticon to explain how I feel right now.
Thanks for listening!

If you are not allowed to do anything for that hospital, google local hospitals. My son was in a physical rehab hospital after an accident, and received a hand made blanket.
Local NICU and OB departments sometimes accept the gifts of hats or blankets for newborns.
My friend started a ministry for her area in MI/IN that provides remembrance boxes for families that have stillborn or early deliveries that do not make it. It includes a cloth diaper, a gown, a hat, a blanket...all in tiny sizes. When her son was delivered too early she was given nothing...the nurses took a big blanket and wrapped him. She wants that not to be the norm.
Some cancer centers are looking for things for patients also.

Ask around, call hospitals. I applaud you for searching out a way to help! We still have the blanket given to my son!

I am sorry to hear that you are not feeling great right now. I understand it is hard to be far from your family. I hope things will be better when you are settled in. I am sorry the job may not work out, hopefully you will find something suitable soon. What is the status of your adoption from China? Will you be welcoming a special girl into your family soon?

Stll paper chasing, it seems to take forever. I don't know how long it will take to get her, we have not even been matched yet. It seems like forever.

Sending you sewing mojo!

On another news, I have been on a quilting kick lately. This is a twin sized quilt for my cousin. It will be her Christmas present. Most of the fabric came from the stash except the pink stripe border. This is the first time I did mitered corners and I am pleased with how it turned out.

1237316_650507184967945_1937678730_o.jpg

The quilt looks awesome 1 Great job on the corners. I am sure she will love it.

I lurk on this thread. I have posted a few times. I love all that you make and your giving ways.
I would like to know if there is some way I can use my sewing skills to help and bring comfort to The Ohio State University Medical Center. I Googled it and all I can find is monetary donations.
Long story short, my son was in a head on collision tonight at 6pm. He is lucky he is alive and was Life Flighted to OSU. We got to the accident site 10 minutes after it happened and watched as they took off the roof and pulled him out. DH took pictures of the car and we still do not know if the lady who pulled out in front of him is OK. They Life Flighted both of them to different hospitals.
My son is OK. Major trauma to the chest and lungs and a fractured/dislocated ankle. They will do surgery on tomorrow.
But as I sat in the waiting room I looked around all the families were not so lucky.:sad: There has to be some way I can give comfort and hope to those people.
I know I only sew and design but does anyone have a resource so I can find a way?
I know I am posting this in the middle of the night but I cannot sleep. This is not a solicitation for anything just point me in the right direction.

I will end this on a miracle moment. As we watched EMS tear the roof off the car, a van pulled up behind us. It was a priest! He asked if anyone needed his help. He was like God sent us an angel. I felt better immediately. I knew God was there and kept my son safe as the Life Flight copters took off.
Sorry to go on but I really needed vent and be amazed at the sheriffs, EMS, fire department and staff at Ohio State. There is not an emoticon to explain how I feel right now.
Thanks for listening!

Sorry I can't help you there but big hugs to you and your family. :grouphug:

I do know some hospitals take lap blankets as donations for those in wheelchairs or doing chemo since it can get cold in there and a full size blanket can be too much.

I apologize if I'm posting this in the wrong spot, but I couldn't think of where else to post it. I'm not even sure if I'm allowed to post it. :scratchin

I don't sew. I've tried. I've failed. I tried again; I failed again. I'm continously drawn to this thread though because I'm awestruck over the talent showcased. :lovestruc

First question is, do any of you talented DISers sell your dresses? Or make custom dresses? Is it via individual Etsy shops, other websites, PM? I'm asking because we're headed to the World at the end of next month which means that come this Friday I'll be scrolling through Etsy trying to find the perfect dress or two to order for my DD. Nannye, you need to open an Etsy store! I'd be your biggest customer; the dresses you make for V leave me drooling in envy!

Onwards to the second question. DMGeurts, do you sell your bags? Between seeing them on here and during your trip reports, I want one!

I apologize if I'm posting this in the wrong spot, but I couldn't think of where else to post it. I'm not even sure if I'm allowed to post it. :scratchin

I don't sew. I've tried. I've failed. I tried again; I failed again. I'm continously drawn to this thread though because I'm awestruck over the talent showcased. :lovestruc

First question is, do any of you talented DISers sell your dresses? Or make custom dresses? Is it via individual Etsy shops, other websites, PM? I'm asking because we're headed to the World at the end of next month which means that come this Friday I'll be scrolling through Etsy trying to find the perfect dress or two to order for my DD. Nannye, you need to open an Etsy store! I'd be your biggest customer; the dresses you make for V leave me drooling in envy!

Onwards to the second question. DMGeurts, do you sell your bags? Between seeing them on here and during your trip reports, I want one!

LOL...it is ok to ask, we just cannot answer! Some of us have our Etsy shops in our signature (don't look at mine, I think it is inactive)...several of us have shops on Facebook.

Nini

Flora - the quilt is magnificent, and mostly from stash is always good!!

I may have to admit defeat for a new bag this year: I have it all cut out, but there's so much to do today and tomorrow before we leave I don't think I'll be able to. I'm mostly annoyed that DH was right. :headache:

I may try to do a quick back sack - mostly to keep the magic ponchos in. Magic Ponchos keep the rain away. If we don't carry them, it rains. Proven theory.

If you are not allowed to do anything for that hospital, google local hospitals. My son was in a physical rehab hospital after an accident, and received a hand made blanket.
Local NICU and OB departments sometimes accept the gifts of hats or blankets for newborns.
My friend started a ministry for her area in MI/IN that provides remembrance boxes for families that have stillborn or early deliveries that do not make it. It includes a cloth diaper, a gown, a hat, a blanket...all in tiny sizes. When her son was delivered too early she was given nothing...the nurses took a big blanket and wrapped him. She wants that not to be the norm.
Some cancer centers are looking for things for patients also.

Ask around, call hospitals. I applaud you for searching out a way to help! We still have the blanket given to my son!

Thank you, thank you, thank you! You have given me a direction to go in. I made layettes, baptismal gowns, etc. for all my kids. Then I began to collect patterns. DH wondered why I bought baby doll patterns because I don't have dolls.
I told him someday I will need these for grandchildren's dolls but I see now I can sew heirloom dresses and bonnets, blankets and keepsakes for stillborn or early deliveries. I have a purpose now (you know nothing is better than a project) because I am blessed to still have a son and be able to give back.
Hug your kids tight tonight and hug them even harder and say "I love you" as they grow into adulthood.
Surgery went well today. I do not know the outcome of the driver who crossed in front of him. She was life flighted to a different hospital. Prayers to her family. And keep on sewing.:thumbsup2 Somedaymaybe I can make a difference in someone's life by doing what I do well.:grouphug:

LOL...it is ok to ask, we just cannot answer! Some of us have our Etsy shops in our signature (don't look at mine, I think it is inactive)...several of us have shops on Facebook.

Nini

Thank you for your response! I had a feeling that it had to be something of that nature.

For those with Etsy shops, are you able to send me a PM with the name of your shop or do I need to do a siggie hunt for the name/link?

Thank you for your response! I had a feeling that it had to be something of that nature.

For those with Etsy shops, are you able to send me a PM with the name of your shop or do I need to do a siggie hunt for the name/link?

You have to look-even asking for PM is not allowed according to the Mod's.

Thanks for listening!

I am so sorry to hear about your son's accident. You are a very strong woman to be so considerate of others during this difficult time for your family. I would suggest talking to the volunteer department, the gift shop, or the chaplain at the hospital to see if you can provide any sewing to help them. Praying for your family and please make sure that you take time to do something for yourself, even if it is a walk in the garden.

You are welcomed to ask the questions! Some of us have shops, some don't (I am in the latter category). The easiest way is to look at the signatures, most have their shop name listed there. Alternatively, you may PM the person who made the item (which I think is ok as you reached out to them, not the other way round).

Flora - the quilt is magnificent, and mostly from stash is always good!!

I may have to admit defeat for a new bag this year: I have it all cut out, but there's so much to do today and tomorrow before we leave I don't think I'll be able to. I'm mostly annoyed that DH was right. :headache:

I may try to do a quick back sack - mostly to keep the magic ponchos in. Magic Ponchos keep the rain away. If we don't carry them, it rains. Proven theory.

Thanks. Too bad the bag did not work out for you this year. I guess this means you have to plan another trip to showcase your new bag. :rotfl: Magic ponchos are good.

Thank you, thank you, thank you! You have given me a direction to go in. I made layettes, baptismal gowns, etc. for all my kids. Then I began to collect patterns. DH wondered why I bought baby doll patterns because I don't have dolls.
I told him someday I will need these for grandchildren's dolls but I see now I can sew heirloom dresses and bonnets, blankets and keepsakes for stillborn or early deliveries. I have a purpose now (you know nothing is better than a project) because I am blessed to still have a son and be able to give back.
Hug your kids tight tonight and hug them even harder and say "I love you" as they grow into adulthood.
Surgery went well today. I do not know the outcome of the driver who crossed in front of him. She was life flighted to a different hospital. Prayers to her family. And keep on sewing.:thumbsup2 Somedaymaybe I can make a difference in someone's life by doing what I do well.:grouphug:

I am glad that your son's surgery went well today. I hope the other driver is recovering as well. Again, I am amazed by your strength during this time. :hug:

pyrxtc - I lost your quote. I really hope that the paper work will be done quickly and you will get a match soon.

scbelleatheart said:

I have friends who've lost babies and what a gift you'd be giving. Prayers for your son!

I am so glad the surgery went well. Hugs to you, your son and your family. Please remember to take some time to take care of yourself. It is very easy to forget about yourself during difficult times like this but you don't want to get rundown. I hope your son recovers quickly.

We leave in less than two weeks! So much more to sew, but almost have our Carsland outfits done. Somewhere I have seen a World of Color embroidery design, and "I'm going to Legoland" with a plane from bricks. Thought I book marked it but can't find it anywhere. More than likely it was a link I found on here. Any ideas?

7883_10201467432719697_93555529_n.jpg

Hello everyone! I am a long time lurker on this thread.

I recently bought my first embroidery machine, and within hours I was hooked. I love all of the designs for purchase that I'm finding online, but of course I'd really love to try my hand at designing my own.

Can anyone recommend good machine embroidery design software that is a bit more affordable than the ones in the $1000 range? What I'd really love is the ability to make seasonal and fun Mickey head designs, tiaras, princess designs, etc.

TIA!

We leave in less than two weeks! So much more to sew, but almost have our Carsland outfits done. Somewhere I have seen a World of Color embroidery design, and "I'm going to Legoland" with a plane from bricks. Thought I book marked it but can't find it anywhere. More than likely it was a link I found on here. Any ideas?

I just love these car shirts they are really Great!!!

Hello everyone! I am a long time lurker on this thread.

I recently bought my first embroidery machine, and within hours I was hooked. I love all of the designs for purchase that I'm finding online, but of course I'd really love to try my hand at designing my own.

Can anyone recommend good machine embroidery design software that is a bit more affordable than the ones in the $1000 range? What I'd really love is the ability to make seasonal and fun Mickey head designs, tiaras, princess designs, etc.

TIA!

Which embroidery machine did you get??

I love your shirts!

I got the Brother LB 6800-the beginners one.

Amazing shirts. My son says you can pass them to him when you are done with them. Hehe.

karrierock said:

Wow how great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter