Disboutiquers Part 27 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

The DIS has been crazy today! Every time I start to read something it is talking about a post I haven't seen and can't find...then I see it farther down on the page! ACK! Doesn't it realize how crazy that makes me?

You should have seen me reading my own PTR...couldn't figure out what Cheryl was talking about...then I read the post after hers and that is what she was commenting on.

Now, I see the same thing happening here...I think it is time for bed!

Nini

I bought the EasyFit pants pattern that everyone recommended and it has CHANGED MY LIFE! I've been sewing pants non-stop since Sunday. Lexi has huge incisions on her stomach and her pants all hurt her, so I made her a bunch of pants with really wide waistbands. I also made pants for our upcoming trip - Winnie-The-Pooh shorts for both kids, Mickey capris for my son, and Ariel capris for my daughter. I love how adaptable the pattern is, especially for my 3-year old who has a size 6-month waist, but size 3 length.

Thank you for the recommendation! Once I reach 10 posts, I'll try to post pics of all of my pants.

We also booked our May trip this weekend and all of our ADR! We'll be going May 19th - 27th. So excited!

I am so glad that you found a pattern that worked! Don't forget to check out the Flower and Garden Festival while you are there!

I'm so excited, I just sewed my first Disney themed outfits! My DD's are so excited about their new dresses. I used a "pillowcase" design and am really happy with how they turned out.

th_IMG_0767.jpg
th_IMG_0762.jpg
th_IMG_0757.jpg

Beautiful! It looks like your DD liked them too!

I had typed replies to many quoted pics and in the interest of the Disboards which appears to be stuck in the 1980's, everything disappeared.

I will try to get my pics up soon (camping shirts and other embroidery designs) -- I had an rsvp 2.5 hours before the sleepover and had to make another shirt!!!! It wasn't out of the dryer in time, so I let the boys that arrived have the shirts I made and ds didn't get his until about an hour into the party. All the boys put them on right away (I didn't tell them to, they just did) and I made my dd one too so the b-day boy was the only one without a shirt for an hour, but he didn't complain.

My score today was 18' doll fabrics at Wally's -- I had to go there to get solid white for a chef's hat (otherwise I have been a saint about not buying new fabric) and they had kits on sale for $1 each -- one kit is a nightgown, blanket and pillow case and three kits I bought have a shirt, two jumpers and a stuffed dog. I will make one and if they are easy I will see if dd wants to do the rest.

I also found a few skorts at Wally's for $1 each in girls sizes so I bought a couple hoping I can applique on them for future BG's.

And my oops purchase was a Valentine's fabric which I'll make into a twirl skirt for dd -- I shouldn't have bought it, but it was something I thought she'd really like and I can whip up a HeatherSue heart appliqued t to match.

I am glad the party worked out, even with the last minute addition. I am impressed that you can stick with the no new fabric rule so well!

Hi, What is this magic pattern I need to get? And where do I find it?
;)

Also, I have seen ya'll talk about dress patterns by name (like girl names) where are these patterns and what is the brand. I'm feeling left out, Lol

A lot of us get patterns from youcanmakethis.com, particularly patterns from CarlaC (Scientific Seamstress and SisBoom lines).

I made myself a Meghan dress - LOVE how easy the pattern goes together!

Okay y'all here's another question!!!!

Can anyone help me? I want to make a portrait peasant top like this one:
clothingcreations089.jpg

But I'm lost as to how to do the sleeves like that. :confused:

Glad to hear the Meghan went well. For the sleeves, you can just cut the sleeve in two pieces, assemble them with an elastic casing similar to what you did with the Meghan bodice.

I bought the EasyFit pants pattern that everyone recommended and it has CHANGED MY LIFE! I've been sewing pants non-stop since Sunday. Lexi has huge incisions on her stomach and her pants all hurt her, so I made her a bunch of pants with really wide waistbands. I also made pants for our upcoming trip - Winnie-The-Pooh shorts for both kids, Mickey capris for my son, and Ariel capris for my daughter. I love how adaptable the pattern is, especially for my 3-year old who has a size 6-month waist, but size 3 length.

Thank you for the recommendation! Once I reach 10 posts, I'll try to post pics of all of my pants.

We also booked our May trip this weekend and all of our ADR! We'll be going May 19th - 27th. So excited!
When your ready to make shorts I like to cut them out a size smaller because they are so baggy. I find them to baggy as shorts so this past summer I cut out the size 3 for my size 4 grand daughter and they were just right, just make sure you adjust the length and elastic to the size you actually need.

Enjoy your trip, make sure to take the time to stroll Epcot's countries it's just beautiful during the flower and garden festival. We went last year and I really enjoyed the topiaries.

Hi, What is this magic pattern I need to get? And where do I find it?
;)

Also, I have seen ya'll talk about dress patterns by name (like girl names) where are these patterns and what is the brand. I'm feeling left out, Lol

I think you have the answer to this already but www.youcanmakethis.com
the pants are Easy Fits by Carla C any pattern by her or you can also search Sisboom and Scientific Seamstress all of those patterns will be very well done and easy to follow.

thank you everyone for your prayers for Kylee....Kris sends her thanks and that her surgery is scheduled for Wed morning around 11:30...I will update here after she's out!

Prayers for Kylee and her family this morning.

Prayers being sent for Kylie.

I haven't posted much in this thread lately since I have been posting in my 2012 pre-trip report but here are a couple things I have made.

Here are a set of PJs I made for DD (they were supposed to be a Christmas present):rotfl:

415dcf81.jpg

and here is an outfit I made for my Godson's Birthday
206b9ddb.jpg

Hi Everybody,
Just caught up with the past 5 pages...cute outfits:) Also, hope all goes well with the little ones surgery that I read about.
After a few weekends (definitely not this past one - too sick to do anything - caught a cold from my granddaughters that knocked me off my feet all weekend) I finally got all of my fabric organized and put together instead of in several different places. Here's a couple of photos...
Oh D, the first picture is for you....what do you think I'm going to try and sew with this fabric:confused3

Bag Fabric by Sheila Grammy, on Flickr
Now for my sewing area...I used part of a bedroom.

My Sewing Area by Sheila Grammy, on Flickr

Extra thread/ribbons/patterns by Sheila Grammy, on Flickr
Hoping I'll feel up to some sewing this coming weekend...
Sheila
love it and soo jealous i use my kitchen table lol

Here is the newest project. It is almost done. I still have to sew on the buttons. I'll do that while I watch a little tv later tonight. These are two more the of the designs that I have been working on. I started on a new design today but I scrapped it because I'd made it too complicated. I am going to simplify it and try again tomorrow.

Side 1:
P1300141.jpg

P1300142.jpg

Side 2:
P1300144.jpg

P1300143.jpg

I'm so excited, I just sewed my first Disney themed outfits! My DD's are so excited about their new dresses. I used a "pillowcase" design and am really happy with how they turned out.

IMG_0767.jpg

IMG_0762.jpg

IMG_0757.jpg

love the fabric and faces!

Thanks!!!
Come on over to my TR and get even more inspired! Seriously - I had at least one outfit per day for me - it was my older son's request that I have customs just like him and his younger brother (DH didn't want to wear customs).

CUTE!

Thanks!

Thanks!!! You definitely need to make yourself customs for your trip!!!

I want to go check out that modkids book now . .

clothingcreations089.jpg

i think elastic case too

Prayers being sent for Kylie.

I haven't posted much in this thread lately since I have been posting in my 2012 pre-trip report but here are a couple things I have made.

Here are a set of PJs I made for DD (they were supposed to be a Christmas present):rotfl:

415dcf81.jpg

206b9ddb.jpg

too cute~!

ok so my next project i want to do is some hand appliques as i don't own an embroidery machine. i terrified :scared1: but also hopeful as the last dress turned out so well!

UPDATE ON KYLEE.....

she is out of surgery and in recovery....Kris is waiting to go back to see her!

thank you everyone for your prayers!

th_415dcf81.jpg

th_206b9ddb.jpg

Great job on the PJ's and the birthday outfit!

ok so my next project i want to do is some hand appliques as i don't own an embroidery machine. i terrified :scared1: but also hopeful as the last dress turned out so well!

I am sure you will do a great job with the hand applique.

UPDATE ON KYLEE.....

she is out of surgery and in recovery....Kris is waiting to go back to see her!

thank you everyone for your prayers!

Thanks for the update. I hope she will recover quickly!

Hi! Can anyone advise me on measurements for a tshirt dress for an infant. I want to make one for my little sweetie, who will only be 9mos when we go on our disney cruise. I looked on ycmt - but the patterns are for bigger girls. Thanks!

Just had to share. I just booked 12 glorious days at Kidani Village at AKL today. Even though the trip isnt until Sept. guess now I should really start to figure out this sewing machine. :yay:

They turned out GREAT!! Good Job! Can't wait to see your next creations!
I will try to get my pics up soon (camping shirts and other embroidery designs) -- I had an rsvp 2.5 hours before the sleepover and had to make another shirt!!!! It wasn't out of the dryer in time, so I let the boys that arrived have the shirts I made and ds didn't get his until about an hour into the party. All the boys put them on right away (I didn't tell them to, they just did) and I made my dd one too so the b-day boy was the only one without a shirt for an hour, but he didn't complain.

I also found a few skorts at Wally's for $1 each in girls sizes so I bought a couple hoping I can applique on them for future BG's.

Can't wait to see the shirts. That was kinda crazy, but sounds like you handled it well.
Can't wait to see what you do with those skorts. I picked one up for my dd today. Can't beat that price!

Just had to share. I just booked 12 glorious days at Kidani Village at AKL today. Even though the trip isnt until Sept. guess now I should really start to figure out this sewing machine. :yay:

Woo Hoo! What are your dates? We are hoping our trip works out. If so, we are there 18-28th:cool1:
Now, get to work on that machine. Watch out, it's addicting!

Woo Hoo! What are your dates? We are hoping our trip works out. If so, we are there 18-28th:cool1:
Now, get to work on that machine. Watch out, it's addicting!

The same time you are going. 16th-27th too funny!!
Yeah I am scared to break out the embroidery part cause I think I will just cry if this one is broken too!! Course then I might have to sit back and think it might just be operator error

I think my favorite thing now is making the Easy Fit pants. :goodvibes

th_IMG_0767.jpg

th_IMG_0762.jpg

th_IMG_0757.jpg

Great job. Your DDs look so excited.

Michelle I think your SW outfit was great!

:goodvibes Thanks

My score today was 18' doll fabrics at Wally's -- I had to go there to get solid white for a chef's hat (otherwise I have been a saint about not buying new fabric) and they had kits on sale for $1 each -- one kit is a nightgown, blanket and pillow case and three kits I bought have a shirt, two jumpers and a stuffed dog. I will make one and if they are easy I will see if dd wants to do the rest.

And my oops purchase was a Valentine's fabric which I'll make into a twirl skirt for dd -- I shouldn't have bought it, but it was something I thought she'd really like and I can whip up a HeatherSue heart appliqued t to match.

They had some of the Skirts at mine too and bought some to applique for DD. For a $1 if I screw up I won't feel so bad.:lmao: But I never seen the 18" kits. Great find on those.

Thanks!!!
Come on over to my TR and get even more inspired! Seriously - I had at least one outfit per day for me - it was my older son's request that I have customs just like him and his younger brother (DH didn't want to wear customs).

Thanks!!! You definitely need to make yourself customs for your trip!!!

I want to go check out that modkids book now . .

clothingcreations089.jpg

The Molly peasant has those type of sleeves in their pattern.

I need some inspiration for my trip in the summer.:upsidedow I have been trying to figure out what our theme will be for each day. Luckily DH is a good sport and will wear whatever I make him:rotfl:

Hi! Can anyone advise me on measurements for a tshirt dress for an infant. I want to make one for my little sweetie, who will only be 9mos when we go on our disney cruise. I looked on ycmt - but the patterns are for bigger girls. Thanks!

I don't have any suggestions but I want to say welcome!

Congrats! I am sure you will be able to get the sewing machine figured out in no time!

I need some inspiration for my trip in the summer.:upsidedow I have been trying to figure out what our theme will be for each day. Luckily DH is a good sport and will wear whatever I make him:rotfl:

I can't wait to see your themes and outfits! It's good to know that some men out there would wear customs too!

The same time you are going. 16th-27th too funny!!
Yeah I am scared to break out the embroidery part cause I think I will just cry if this one is broken too!! Course then I might have to sit back and think it might just be operator error
Cool, we'll have to meet up!
oh, i'm sure you will be just fine. Give that machine a try.

you better hurry up and get inspired! You need time to sew! Your trip is getting close. I've been watching your ticker shrink!:cool1:Your outfits last year were great, so I can't wait to see what you come up with this time around. My dh wears whatever I make, too, but last year, I ran out of time for his and mine, so I have to start earlier this year. I need inspiration, too.

If you go to the first page of this thread you will find a tutorial on "hand applique" hand applique is actually done with a sewing machine. That would be a good way to do the heads without an applique machine.

Thanks, I actually did read that, and I pretty much already know all of that. I have done appliques just not the way I am trying to now. I only have a downloaded pic, not an actual applique, or a fancy machine to transfer the image to and let it sew it for me. Just a plain 'ol basic singer.
And I have never done an iron-on so I don't know if that would be just as sturdy as a fabric applique. Or if there is a way to get my pics transferred to fabric so I can make real appliques of them.
Some of the flags are far too intricate to try and cut out a different piece of fabric for each part.
Hmmm, maybe I'm not making it clear. Sorry I don't know how else to explain. Herrumpgh :(

not sure if this was answered yet as I havent read that far -
but you could print what you want on the pritable fabric pieces and then jusst have to applique the Mickey head on. I have seen them at most fabric & hobby places anf Walmart too i think. I was given a pack for Christmas one year & used them this Christmas to make photo ornaments. it worked pretty good. i do suggest best quality print settings & follow ddirections about excess color before sewing on a garment to prevent color bleed.

Yikes,

I need to go back and catch up just wanted to say I love the pillowcae dresses...very cute!

I'll hopefully be all caught up this weekend.

S

Sooo I have a question???

How often do embroidery machines need to go in for a "tune-up?"

Mine has almost a million stitches and I've had it for almost 2 years. It's never been to the "doctor."

I know the stitches are a little loopy on the top and I just want to get the problem fixed before it gets worse.

Thanks so much!!

Jennifer

didn't see this get answered. I try to bring mine in at least once a year for service/cleaning. i digitize stuff myself - completly scared to do hand applique because i hate not getting it to look like the picture in my head. I make 2 &c3 part designs that require you to rehoop & line up.
someone asked about doing pieces of a design. your machine will not accept a design bigger han its hoop so you can not make pieces of it& move the hoop.
(sorry about my typos~trying to soak of fake nails i haddone before Chistmas so I am typing with one hand)

i just finished my first 3 hoop design - it took me 4 tries to get all the hoops aligned exactly how I want them & I still have to do the last little btis by hand. Digitizing takes a while to learn how to do & do it correctly but with simplicty. you want your design to flow & be easy for others to use too should you share or sell. I just recently started listing more of my designs n etsy as I am now more confident & have had others test a few. I have a 6x10 hoop and like big appliques which is why I torture myself with the 2 & 3 hoopings.
Dr facilier is a 3 hoop
429314_376513522364265_163938963621723_1735784_1847107304_n.jpg

Rapunzel &Flynn are a 2 hoop
407312_370056109676673_163938963621723_1715871_1180145796_n.jpg

didn't see this get answered. I try to bring mine in at least once a year for service/cleaning. i digitize stuff myself - completly scared to do hand applique because i hate not getting it to look like the picture in my head. I make 2 &c3 part designs that require you to rehoop & line up.
someone asked about doing pieces of a design. your machine will not accept a design bigger han its hoop so you can not make pieces of it& move the hoop.
(sorry about my typos~trying to soak of fake nails i haddone before Chistmas so I am typing with one hand)

i just finished my first 3 hoop design - it took me 4 tries to get all the hoops aligned exactly how I want them & I still have to do the last little btis by hand. Digitizing takes a while to learn how to do & do it correctly but with simplicty. you want your design to flow & be easy for others to use too should you share or sell. I just recently started listing more of my designs n etsy as I am now more confident & have had others test a few. I have a 6x10 hoop and like big appliques which is why I torture myself with the 2 & 3 hoopings.
Dr facilier is a 3 hoop
429314_376513522364265_163938963621723_1735784_1847107304_n.jpg

Rapunzel &Flynn are a 2 hoop
407312_370056109676673_163938963621723_1715871_1180145796_n.jpg

Thank you so much!! Beautiful work~~~

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter