Disboutiquers Part 27 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

Prayers sent their way!

so today i sewed for 5 hours and finished my dd dress! this is our Rapunzel dress :)
232323232%7Ffp%3B%3B2%3Enu%3D323%3B%3E5%3A4%3E475%3EWSNRCG%3D3549%3C%3A%3B%3A6533%3Anu0mrj

Looks great.

Hi Everybody,
Just caught up with the past 5 pages...cute outfits:) Also, hope all goes well with the little ones surgery that I read about.
After a few weekends (definitely not this past one - too sick to do anything - caught a cold from my granddaughters that knocked me off my feet all weekend) I finally got all of my fabric organized and put together instead of in several different places. Here's a couple of photos...
Oh D, the first picture is for you....what do you think I'm going to try and sew with this fabric:confused3

Bag Fabric by Sheila Grammy, on Flickr
Now for my sewing area...I used part of a bedroom.

My Sewing Area by Sheila Grammy, on Flickr

Extra thread/ribbons/patterns by Sheila Grammy, on Flickr
Hoping I'll feel up to some sewing this coming weekend...
Sheila

That bag is going to be gorgeous. Love the very tidy sewing area. Wish mine was that neat right now.

Here is the newest project. It is almost done. I still have to sew on the buttons. I'll do that while I watch a little tv later tonight. These are two more the of the designs that I have been working on. I started on a new design today but I scrapped it because I'd made it too complicated. I am going to simplify it and try again tomorrow.

Side 1:
P1300141.jpg

P1300142.jpg

Love the fabric on the Kitty side.

I just bought the new modkids sewing book too, it has sizes that go up to I think 10 or so and comes with 20 patterns so Im hoping it will be an easy book to figure out :)
Bought the Meghan yesterday so Im gonna try that sometime soon to see how it comes out for my Wendy..thanks for all the hints!!

Is the ModKids book out now? I think I may need that book too, cause I think it has lots of knit patterns from what I have read.

Thanks for the answers. I'll have to look into the different size hoops that are available and how much these machines are. There is a nice sewing machine store one town over that I know sells embroidery machines. I may check them out soon and get a visual idea of the size of the 5x7 vs other ones. I'll have to take a look at the grinch that I did on my oldest DD's shirt and see if that was longer than 7". It very well may be with the santa hat and collar. Lots to think about here.

I'm very impressed with the sewing skills of all on this thread. I love when someone posts an elaborate outfit and says that they just whipped it out in a couple of hours over naptime. :worship:

Also, if you already know how to hand applique, you will probably end up doing a little of both depending on the situation. For instance, if I am doing something small and that I can find a file for I use the embroidery machine. Like this:

408922_10150618790030329_743780328_11537046_1074019398_n.jpg

If I want something really big, I do it by hand. Like this:

312962_10150426714055329_743780328_10742574_649009887_n.jpg

So excited my mom is going to Arkansas this weekend and she is going to go to Hobby Lobby for me to buy some basics. At least it will be different from my Joanns.

I am also going to give her the directions to the Joanns there and she said she would try Walmart for me.

So next week I will have new fabric.

I forgot to quote so I am doing this from memory

The Rapunzel dress is so cute.

Sheila I love your sewing room and that fabric is lovely.

I love the reversible A-Line dress so pretty.

I bought the EasyFit pants pattern that everyone recommended and it has CHANGED MY LIFE! I've been sewing pants non-stop since Sunday. Lexi has huge incisions on her stomach and her pants all hurt her, so I made her a bunch of pants with really wide waistbands. I also made pants for our upcoming trip - Winnie-The-Pooh shorts for both kids, Mickey capris for my son, and Ariel capris for my daughter. I love how adaptable the pattern is, especially for my 3-year old who has a size 6-month waist, but size 3 length.

Thank you for the recommendation! Once I reach 10 posts, I'll try to post pics of all of my pants.

We also booked our May trip this weekend and all of our ADR! We'll be going May 19th - 27th. So excited!

I bought the EasyFit pants pattern that everyone recommended and it has CHANGED MY LIFE! I've been sewing pants non-stop since Sunday. Lexi has huge incisions on her stomach and her pants all hurt her, so I made her a bunch of pants with really wide waistbands. I also made pants for our upcoming trip - Winnie-The-Pooh shorts for both kids, Mickey capris for my son, and Ariel capris for my daughter. I love how adaptable the pattern is, especially for my 3-year old who has a size 6-month waist, but size 3 length.

Thank you for the recommendation! Once I reach 10 posts, I'll try to post pics of all of my pants.

We also booked our May trip this weekend and all of our ADR! We'll be going May 19th - 27th. So excited!

Just post 4 nonsense posts on this thread. We don't mind.

I'm so excited, I just sewed my first Disney themed outfits! My DD's are so excited about their new dresses. I used a "pillowcase" design and am really happy with how they turned out.

IMG_0767.jpg

IMG_0762.jpg

IMG_0757.jpg

Hooray for easy fit pants! I love that you were able to make some pants for your daughter that don't bother her scars. I have a very large scar on my side and my pants all used to hurt me. However, over time the scar tissue has softened up and I can wear regular waistbands without a problem. I am so happy for you! Can't wait to see all the things you've been making!
I'm so excited, I just sewed my first Disney themed outfits! My DD's are so excited about their new dresses. I used a "pillowcase" design and am really happy with how they turned out.

IMG_0767.jpg

IMG_0762.jpg

IMG_0757.jpg
Those are adorable! All three dresses look wonderful but my favorite is the pink Minnie with the matching Minnie ribbon on the bottom.

Hooray for easy fit pants! I love that you were able to make some pants for your daughter that don't bother her scars. I have a very large scar on my side and my pants all used to hurt me. However, over time the scar tissue has softened up and I can wear regular waistbands without a problem. I am so happy for you! Can't wait to see all the things you've been making!
/QUOTE]

Did you do anything to help soften the tissue? She has three large scars and they all had to be placed in different locations. I've tried vitamin E cream, but it doesn't seem to help.

Well all you have to do is to decide what you want to make for yourself! I look forward to seeing your Wendy dress. Meghan is quite easy to make. Actually, that's what I wear on the weekends instead of T-shirts now.

Glad to hear that. I cant wait to see what it turns out looking like either :) I told my DH I will be making all us outfits this year..his will just be small Mickey heads on his pockets :)

Wanted to wish you a belated birthday! Hope your dh finishes up your space quickly. Enjoy your machine!!! Hope this one works out for you!

Aww thank you. It actually arrived just about an hour ago and Im afraid to even take it out of the box...I really hope with fingers and toes crossed this works or I will def. have to say that its operator error.

Is the ModKids book out now? I think I may need that book too, cause I think it has lots of knit patterns from what I have read.

Also, if you already know how to hand applique, you will probably end up doing a little of both depending on the situation. For instance, if I am doing something small and that I can find a file for I use the embroidery machine. Like this:

408922_10150618790030329_743780328_11537046_1074019398_n.jpg

If I want something really big, I do it by hand. Like this:

312962_10150426714055329_743780328_10742574_649009887_n.jpg

WOW WOW WOW love them both, but I have said that before :)

The book doesnt come out till March, but they are having a preorder special on it on Amazon and I had to make the 25 minimum so I could get my DD her Monster High doll so I ordered the book to go with it :)

So excited my mom is going to Arkansas this weekend and she is going to go to Hobby Lobby for me to buy some basics. At least it will be different from my Joanns.

I am also going to give her the directions to the Joanns there and she said she would try Walmart for me.

So next week I will have new fabric.

I forgot to quote so I am doing this from memory

The Rapunzel dress is so cute.

Sheila I love your sewing room and that fabric is lovely.

I love the reversible A-Line dress so pretty.

Chiara - I was at a Hobby Lobby this weekend in Atlanta - they had some nice stuff!! There was even some Cinderella (the blue with Cindy and castles) and some pooh in the clearance section!

IMG_0767.jpg

IMG_0762.jpg

IMG_0757.jpg

SUPER CUTE!!!!! I started with pillowcase dresses too! THey look adorable!

/QUOTE]

Did you do anything to help soften the tissue? She has three large scars and they all had to be placed in different locations. I've tried vitamin E cream, but it doesn't seem to help.

Do you do scar massage? help keep the scar from getting bound down.

I had typed replies to many quoted pics and in the interest of the Disboards which appears to be stuck in the 1980's, everything disappeared.

Welcome to the new folks :)

Diane -- I'm impressed with your digitizing. I love the glasses on Hello Kitty and Mickey.

I forgot who it was, but someone made a cute hand appliqued Valentine's skirt and a gift for a neighbor and I wanted to say I love the fabrics in all of them. Great job on everything!

Shannon -- adorable zebra outfit!

The pillow case dressed for the three girls are really cute!

the Chip & Dale applique is adorable -- my dd loves them too!

Michelle I think your SW outfit was great!

I will try to get my pics up soon (camping shirts and other embroidery designs) -- I had an rsvp 2.5 hours before the sleepover and had to make another shirt!!!! It wasn't out of the dryer in time, so I let the boys that arrived have the shirts I made and ds didn't get his until about an hour into the party. All the boys put them on right away (I didn't tell them to, they just did) and I made my dd one too so the b-day boy was the only one without a shirt for an hour, but he didn't complain.

My score today was 18' doll fabrics at Wally's -- I had to go there to get solid white for a chef's hat (otherwise I have been a saint about not buying new fabric) and they had kits on sale for $1 each -- one kit is a nightgown, blanket and pillow case and three kits I bought have a shirt, two jumpers and a stuffed dog. I will make one and if they are easy I will see if dd wants to do the rest.

I also found a few skorts at Wally's for $1 each in girls sizes so I bought a couple hoping I can applique on them for future BG's.

And my oops purchase was a Valentine's fabric which I'll make into a twirl skirt for dd -- I shouldn't have bought it, but it was something I thought she'd really like and I can whip up a HeatherSue heart appliqued t to match.

Hi, What is this magic pattern I need to get? And where do I find it?
;)

Also, I have seen ya'll talk about dress patterns by name (like girl names) where are these patterns and what is the brand. I'm feeling left out, Lol

Hi, What is this magic pattern I need to get? And where do I find it?
;)

Also, I have seen ya'll talk about dress patterns by name (like girl names) where are these patterns and what is the brand. I'm feeling left out, Lol

The Easy Fit Pants pattern is a pattern by CarlaC (scientific Seamstress) most of us love her patterns, cause they come in many sizes and are very easy to follow. You can get her patterns and many of the others that we mention on www.youcanmakethis.com

Sooo I have a question???

How often do embroidery machines need to go in for a "tune-up?"

Mine has almost a million stitches and I've had it for almost 2 years. It's never been to the "doctor."

I know the stitches are a little loopy on the top and I just want to get the problem fixed before it gets worse.

Thanks so much!!

Jennifer

Thank you! Thank you!
How stinkin cute are you rockin' that outfit!!
It inspired me to make something for myself as well as the kiddos ;) Thanks

Ok, I had others I wanted to say thank you to, but I forgot how to multi-quote. There is a lot of info to take in when you are a newbie.
Thanks!!!
Come on over to my TR and get even more inspired! Seriously - I had at least one outfit per day for me - it was my older son's request that I have customs just like him and his younger brother (DH didn't want to wear customs).

Prayers sent their way!

so today i sewed for 5 hours and finished my dd dress! this is our Rapunzel dress :)
232323232%7Ffp%3B%3B2%3Enu%3D323%3B%3E5%3A4%3E475%3EWSNRCG%3D3549%3C%3A%3B%3A6533%3Anu0mrj

CUTE!

I don't have any suggestions for your question but I like your jeans!

Thanks!

Wow those came out great!! Love the scrapbook page too. All you ladies are making it where I really, really want to make some things to go to Disney with for myself :)

I just bought the new modkids sewing book too, it has sizes that go up to I think 10 or so and comes with 20 patterns so Im hoping it will be an easy book to figure out :)
Bought the Meghan yesterday so Im gonna try that sometime soon to see how it comes out for my Wendy..thanks for all the hints!!

Thanks!!! You definitely need to make yourself customs for your trip!!!

I want to go check out that modkids book now . .

I made myself a Meghan dress - LOVE how easy the pattern goes together!

Okay y'all here's another question!!!!

Can anyone help me? I want to make a portrait peasant top like this one:
clothingcreations089.jpg

But I'm lost as to how to do the sleeves like that. :confused:

The Easy Fit Pants pattern is a pattern by CarlaC (scientific Seamstress) most of us love her patterns, cause they come in many sizes and are very easy to follow. You can get her patterns and many of the others that we mention on www.youcanmakethis.com

Ohhhhh!!!! Thank you!!! :cool1:
I am tired of my simplicity and Mccall patterns, So I have been creating my own. And that takes me double the time to make something.
I can't wait to check out all the patterns. Thanks again

Thanks!!!
Come on over to my TR and get even more inspired! Seriously - I had at least one outfit per day for me - it was my older son's request that I have customs just like him and his younger brother (DH didn't want to wear customs).

Just found your TR, I am going to check out :)

Can anyone help me? I want to make a portrait peasant top like this one

I am not a pro, in fact I have been sewing for less than a year, so take my advice for what its worth, Lol
I just learned yesterday (literally) how to shirr. And a single row shir would do that to the sleeve. I bet two would look awesome. But I did make a top like this in Oct. (Pirate shirt) What I did was, after I cut the sleeve out (before attaching it to the bodice) I used some double fold bias tape and sew'd it onto the sleeve both sides right about the elbow so that it made a pocket. Then I ran through a piece of 1/4" elastic and anchored to each end. Then I sew'd the top of the sleeve to the shoulder, and did a straight stitch from the wrist all the way up the arm, armpit and down the side. It came out awesome!!!

thank you everyone for your prayers for Kylee....Kris sends her thanks and that her surgery is scheduled for Wed morning around 11:30...I will update here after she's out!

No, I never did anything special for my scars. I didn't bother with vitamin E because my surgeon said it was pretty worthless. I think that just the usual bending and stretching softened things in there up again.

I had typed replies to many quoted pics and in the interest of the Disboards which appears to be stuck in the 1980's, everything disappeared.

Diane -- I'm impressed with your digitizing. I love the glasses on Hello Kitty and Mickey.

I will try to get my pics up soon (camping shirts and other embroidery designs) -- I had an rsvp 2.5 hours before the sleepover and had to make another shirt!!!! It wasn't out of the dryer in time, so I let the boys that arrived have the shirts I made and ds didn't get his until about an hour into the party. All the boys put them on right away (I didn't tell them to, they just did) and I made my dd one too so the b-day boy was the only one without a shirt for an hour, but he didn't complain.

My score today was 18' doll fabrics at Wally's -- I had to go there to get solid white for a chef's hat (otherwise I have been a saint about not buying new fabric) and they had kits on sale for $1 each -- one kit is a nightgown, blanket and pillow case and three kits I bought have a shirt, two jumpers and a stuffed dog. I will make one and if they are easy I will see if dd wants to do the rest.
Yes, the boards have been very slow and crazy for the last couple of days for me.

Thanks for the digitizing compliment. It has been hard to learn but I have to say that it is fun to be able to make any design that I want. I have two more designs that I've worked on for the last two days and I can't wait to stitch them out. I might have time tomorrow but I am not sure.

It sounds like the party went very well. I am glad that the boys all liked the shirts so much. I can't wait to see the pictures of the completed shirts.

It sounds like you did really well at Walmart today. I haven't been there in quite a while but I have seen those 18" doll kits. My DD wanted one last year when she still played with her doll some. I never did buy it for her. Maybe I will pop into our store to see if they have any of the kits left. They probably won't because our store is very busy and things sell out quickly.

mphalens;43900262 [COLOR="Red" said:

[/COLOR]

Can anyone help me? I want to make a portrait peasant top like this one:
clothingcreations089.jpg

I think they just cut the sleeves wide and then made a casing to put the elastic into. It looks very cute like that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter