Disboutiquers Part 21 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just had to share this, only you guys would appreciate it.
I just started Toy Story 3 for DGD4 to watch. Every time I start a Disney movie and the castle comes on the tv my DGD4 screams "MY CASTLE!!!". :lmao:She thinks that is her castle (and the one at the park) and no one else's!!!
Priceless!

Geesh. I could have sworn I was on here after 9:15 and I still missed the move! Oh well, page for a Saturday move isn't too bad!

I'll even post some stuff.
002-2.jpg
005.jpg

001-3.jpg
005-1.jpg

Thanks for looking!
These look great, I really like the Ariel dress

I know that you all are going to pass out of pure shock but I actually sewed today!!! Aisling's Sea World Simply Sweet (with the crazy fabric she picked out) is finished with 19 days to spare ;) :rotfl:

My toothless model!

014.jpg
Your toothless model has great taste in fabric!

I finally have something I can share. I swear, I feel like I've been sewing constantly lately, but I have nothing to show for it. This took forever & I still have another one just like it to make, but it's going to have to wait a bit. That's too much applique to do again just yet.

30643_415894068244_606948244_5267806_3346602_n.jpg

30643_415894033244_606948244_5267802_7179060_n.jpg

30643_415894048244_606948244_5267803_7791478_n.jpg

30643_415894053244_606948244_5267804_266366_n.jpg

30643_415894063244_606948244_5267805_8206251_n.jpg

Sad, dark pic of the shirt that goes with it & was actually finished for her birthday party last weekend.
30643_415896093244_606948244_5267892_1573983_n.jpg
This looks great and sooo much work! Nice job!

Has anyone made anything for their Mom for Mother's Day? I made mine a boxy bag and filled it with travel stuff cause she is always on the road!!

100_1420.jpg
I love it, I have been apprehensive because of the zipper but I really like it! I may have to make one for my girls,in princess fabric of course. :thumbsup2

Wow you all move fast! I still have to catch up on the last thread, but just thought I would share something else I made. I made this Fancy Nancy dress for Taylor, she wore it to my brother and future sister in laws wedding shower today. She thought the fancy nancy dress was her flower girl dress lol, we are going to have to convince her she can't wear it to the wedding.

146.jpg

Now I need to go catch up, and then start working on the 24 applique t-shirts I need to make for Taylor's class to wear to Sesame Street Live
Adorable! Have fun with the shirts, 24 is a lot!

I really shouldn't say anything. But I have had the worst 2 days of my life. My mother passed away yesterday and we were extremely close. :littleangel: She taught me how to sew when I was 8 years old. She became a Disney fan with me, and came to Disney me quite a few times. She always LOVED everyone of my Disney related (and everything actually) outfits and showed everyone that walked in the door. We would go fabric shopping together, and she'd give me her opinion on colors and trims. She also got me started on machine embroidery.

The next few months is really going to be hard. I lived with her, because neither one of us could afford to live alone. She loved this house bought it with my Dad when we were all kids. I am really sad to leave here and try to find a place on my own, when I get comfort from being near the things she loved. But, I am trying to take comfort in knowing that it is her wishes that the house be sold and divided among my sisters and myself. She wouldn't want any of us to try and keep the house when we can't afford it.

I wish the Doctors were more attentive to her complaints so her last few months would have been more comfortable for her. But she's put on her dancing shoes and with Dad in heaven now.

Thank you for listening to me. I am hoping everyone really appreciates their Mother on this special day.

Of course you should say something! I am so very sorry for your loss I am sure the next few months will feel imposable but please know that we are praying for you and you have our support.

Can anyone else not get YouCanMakeThis.com to load. I keep getting a domain name is expired???
Me too!

OK, the pics aren't the best, but my family wasn't thrilled about multiple outfit changes just so mommy could get the pics. I've basically spent most of the last 4 months working on Disney stuff. Not sure why the thought of matching family outfits every day for 9 days seemed like such a good idea at the time, but once I started, I was committed:scared1:. I made 40 adult t shirts, and 2 outfits per day per kid (plus a couple). I still have 2 dresses, one surprise pirate outfit, 2 bowling shirts, one pair of applique shorts and 2 adult t-s to finish, but other than that, I can almost see the light at the end of the tunnel (here's hoping it's not a train)...

Anyway, I won't bore you with all the pics at once, so I'll go chronologically.

Day 1
Epcot; Nemo outfits GM is modeling the ladies t's; the guys are wearing mickey t's w/ the Nemo fabric.
037-1.jpg

I'm sending pics to a wonderful bling maker for matching jewels for DD each day (that will be her birthday present); but am going to have to think about perfect hair accessories soon. Anybody w/ great bow/shoe ideas, please lmk!
Thanks for lookin'!
WOW! that is a huge undertaking! I love the idea of matching jewels, how fun!

Blame Teresa!!! She's on vacation and probably thinks she can get away with anything!:rotfl:

The site is still up and running but you have to be sure to use the whole www. address, typing in the entire address. Someone on FB posted that YCMT may have let a redirect expire that would normally take you right there, without the www being typed first.

I typed in the whole address and no luck!

Well, that's weird, I can get in there from both AOL and IE with no trouble. Here's a link I just made by going there, so I know it worked just now, for me...please try and see if it works for you.
http://www.youcanmakethis.com/index.htm?

Also, when it does work for you, if your patterns in the library don't work for some reason, just send them an email, and they will fix it for you. I had a few several months back that the link kept coming up as expired for download, and they re-sent me without any troubles. It did take a day or two for them to respond to that, I think it was a weekend.

I am using IE and you link took me to the domain expired page. :sad2:

I typed in the whole address and no luck!

I am using IE and you link took me to the domain expired page. :sad2:

The link was c & p'd from the page I had just sucessfully opened. Strange that the site can work for some but not all. I just read Lisa got it to work for her. Maybe clearing your temporary internet folder? Maybe the computer wants to try and reopen an unsucessful page, and clearing that will make it open a new one.

This may seem random....but I'm looking to find someone able to make a Giselle costume for Halloween. It's the blue one from the curtains she has on when she sings "that's how you know". I'll be 18 so it's not a children's dress lol.

I think my biggest problem with finding a costume is the fabric and the style. A lot of people designed them for kids so the top fitting isn't really the same as it fits an adult. I also wanted to try to find a very similar fabric pattern. I've never made anything in my life and though I'd love to start, I'm too afraif for this to be my first project lol. Here's a picture of the real dress:

http://i343.photobucket.com/albums/o467/vincesrefs/2395164032_8985e74d00_b.jpg

If you could pm me any information that would be just fantastic. :flower3:

For those of you having trouble viewing the youcanmakethis site. I can only get it to work using safari. It will not work on IE or firefox right now.

I really shouldn't say anything. But I have had the worst 2 days of my life. My mother passed away yesterday and we were extrememly close. :littleangel: She taught me how to sew when I was 8 years old. She became a Disney fan with me, and came to Disney me quite a few times. She always LOVED everyone of my Disney related (and everything actually) outfits and showed everyone that walked in the door. We would go fabric shopping together, and she'd give me her opinion on colors and trims. She also got me started on machine embroidery.

The next few months is really going to be hard. I lived with her, because neither one of us could afford to live alone. She loved this house bought it with my Dad when we were all kids. I am really sad to leave here and try to find a place on my own, when I get comfort from being near the things she loved. But, I am trying to take comfort in knowing that it is her wishes that the house be sold and divided among my sisters and myself. She wouldn't want any of us to try and keep the house when we can't afford it.

I wish the Doctors were more attentive to her complaints so her last few months would have been more comfortable for her. But she's put on her dancing shoes and with Dad in heaven now.

Thank you for listening to me. I am hoping everyone really appreciates their Mother on this special day.

I'm so sorry for your loss. I'll be thinking about and praying for you and your family. :hug:

I finally have something I can share. I swear, I feel like I've been sewing constantly lately, but I have nothing to show for it. This took forever & I still have another one just like it to make, but it's going to have to wait a bit. That's too much applique to do again just yet.

30643_415894068244_606948244_5267806_3346602_n.jpg

30643_415896093244_606948244_5267892_1573983_n.jpg

WOW! That is a lot of applique!!!!!!! It was worth it, though! It turned out GREAT!

Has anyone made anything for their Mom for Mother's Day? I made mine a boxy bag and filled it with travel stuff cause she is always on the road!!

th_100_1420.jpg

LOVE IT! The fabric is fabulous!

Wow you all move fast! I still have to catch up on the last thread, but just thought I would share something else I made. I made this Fancy Nancy dress for Taylor, she wore it to my brother and future sister in laws wedding shower today. She thought the fancy nancy dress was her flower girl dress lol, we are going to have to convince her she can't wear it to the wedding.

th_146.jpg

Here is the Fancy Nancy bow that is on her head

th_158.jpg

Here is me with Taylor, and she was too excited and gave me my mother's day present early.... it's on my arm.... the girl has good taste, she insisted Daddy take her to buy me a new coach purse and she picked it herself!

th_140.jpg

Love the FN set and matching bow - Ella and I are huge FN fans!! Also love your new purse and the fact that Taylor picked it out herself!! Too cute!

Whoa! You're the applique queen! This set is adorable, too!

OK, the pics aren't the best, but my family wasn't thrilled about multiple outfit changes just so mommy could get the pics. I've basically spent most of the last 4 months working on Disney stuff. Not sure why the thought of matching family outfits every day for 9 days seemed like such a good idea at the time, but once I started, I was commited:scared1:. I made 40 adult t shirts, and 2 outfits per day per kid (plus a couple). I still have 2 dresses, one surprise pirate outfit, 2 bowling shirts, one pair of applique shorts and 2 adult t-s to finish, but other than that, I can almost see the light at the end of the tunnel (here's hoping it's not a train)...

Day 1
Epcot; Nemo outfits GM is modelling the ladies t's; the guys are wearing mickey t's w/ the Nemo fabric.
th_037-1.jpg

How cute! Love the variegated orange fabric on the ruffle! You're so ambitious - I did not plan matching outfits for every day - the kids will have some matching-ish sets, but not every day. Your photos will look fabulous! :) I think we're going to be there the same time? Who else? June 7-16 for us. We should plan a meet!

Sally :hug: hugs to you.

Everything posted this weekend has been outstanding. Love it all.

I have some great news. I got a promotion to supervisor last night. I start on tuesday!!!! I will be very busy the next few weeks so I probably won't be on much though. So don't chat too much so I can catch up easier.

Happy mother's day!

Some of you may have seen this one on facebook, but I haven't posted it here yet, so. . . here's an Audrey Ruffle Skirt set.

IMG_1752.jpg
IMG_1753.jpg

IMG_1756.jpg

And most of you have seen this top before (I made it a year and a half ago or so? for our trip that we had to cancel.) So she never got a chance to wear it and now it's too short for a dress, so I made capris to go with it. thank goodness for keeping scraps! I used the very last of that stripe fabric to finish these!

IMG_1789.jpg
IMG_1790.jpg

And now finally Ella's Cinderella dress. We went to the park yesterday to take nice photos, but my camera settings were all wonky and they didn't look too good, so we took some more pics today in the backyard. Used HeatherSue's fabulous carriage design on the bodice - I cannot even say how gorgeous this design is in person - it stitched out wonderfully - even with the silver metallic thread which can be a real pain to work with! Anyhoo, here's the dress with her petti underneath. I kind of wish I would have ordered an all white petti for wearing under clothes - this one is pink and white and while you can't see it in these pics, I'm afraid that it'll show during her BBB photos. Maybe I'll have to convince DH to let me buy her a white one. . .

I should add that this dress was inspired by both Teresa and Jeanne's Cinderella dresses . . . sort of a mishmash of the two. . . :)
IMG_1792.jpg
IMG_1796.jpg

closeup of embroidery and fabric:

IMG_1798.jpg
IMG_1799.jpg

And finally - her very first petti!

IMG_1760.jpg

You guys moved while I was at Disney! We just got back...literally 30 minutes ago. We had a lovely time. You know that I saw ZERO customs the whole trip! I was shocked. I will pop some photos up later tonight after I feed the crew and get dd in bed. She really needs to get to bed on time tonight.

I have some great news. I got a promotion to supervisor last night. I start on tuesday!!!! I will be very busy the next few weeks so I probably won't be on much though. So don't chat too much so I can catch up easier.

Happy mother's day!

WAHOOO! Congrats to you! :thumbsup2

Some of you may have seen this one on facebook, but I haven't posted it here yet, so. . . here's an Audrey Ruffle Skirt set.

IMG_1752.jpg
IMG_1753.jpg

IMG_1756.jpg

And most of you have seen this top before (I made it a year and a half ago or so? for our trip that we had to cancel.) So she never got a chance to wear it and now it's too short for a dress, so I made capris to go with it. thank goodness for keeping scraps! I used the very last of that stripe fabric to finish these!

IMG_1789.jpg
IMG_1790.jpg

And now finally Ella's Cinderella dress. We went to the park yesterday to take nice photos, but my camera settings were all wonky and they didn't look too good, so we took some more pics today in the backyard. Used HeatherSue's fabulous carriage design on the bodice - I cannot even say how gorgeous this design is in person - it stitched out wonderfully - even with the silver metallic thread which can be a real pain to work with! Anyhoo, here's the dress with her petti underneath. I kind of wish I would have ordered an all white petti for wearing under clothes - this one is pink and white and while you can't see it in these pics, I'm afraid that it'll show during her BBB photos. Maybe I'll have to convince DH to let me buy her a white one. . .

I should add that this dress was inspired by both Teresa and Jeanne's Cinderella dresses . . . sort of a mishmash of the two. . . :)
IMG_1792.jpg
IMG_1796.jpg

IMG_1798.jpg
IMG_1799.jpg

IMG_1760.jpg

Oh my the skirt is fantastic! I love it. The dress from last year, and carpis are perfect, don't ya just love the scraps pile! The Cindy dress is beautiful! I love the fabric and the carriage !! And Wahoooo for first pettis! Peach got her first one last week too! :cheer2:

You guys moved while I was at Disney! We just got back...literally 30 minutes ago. We had a lovely time. You know that I saw ZERO customs the whole trip! I was shocked. I will pop some photos up later tonight after I feed the crew and get dd in bed. She really needs to get to bed on time tonight.

Can't wait to see those pictures!

I really shouldn't say anything. But I have had the worst 2 days of my life. My mother passed away yesterday and we were extrememly close. :littleangel: She taught me how to sew when I was 8 years old. She became a Disney fan with me, and came to Disney me quite a few times. She always LOVED everyone of my Disney related (and everything actually) outfits and showed everyone that walked in the door. We would go fabric shopping together, and she'd give me her opinion on colors and trims. She also got me started on machine embroidery.

:hug: I'm so sorry for your loss. This is the perfect place to talk about it when you need to. :hug:

Sooo cute! Love all the applique!

Can I buy my way into your family? I promise DD would be the nicest of cousins and is just the right age to be on your hand me down list rotation.
The offer stands if any other Disboutiquers are selling cousin options..... :rotfl2:

Awesome!

That's exactly the outfit I thought of when she asked! It really makes me wish I had a littler one again.

Thanks guys. Those are 2 of my favorite things I've made. And she :love: both of them & that just makes it better.

OK, the pics aren't the best, but my family wasn't thrilled about multiple outfit changes just so mommy could get the pics. I've basically spent most of the last 4 months working on Disney stuff. Not sure why the thought of matching family outfits every day for 9 days seemed like such a good idea at the time, but once I started, I was commited:scared1:. I made 40 adult t shirts, and 2 outfits per day per kid (plus a couple). I still have 2 dresses, one surprise pirate outfit, 2 bowling shirts, one pair of applique shorts and 2 adult t-s to finish, but other than that, I can almost see the light at the end of the tunnel (here's hoping it's not a train)...

Day 1
Epcot; Nemo outfits GM is modelling the ladies t's; the guys are wearing mickey t's w/ the Nemo fabric.
th_037-1.jpg

I'm sending pics to a wonderful bling maker for matching jewels for DD each day (that will be her birthday present); but am going to have to think about perfect hair accessories soon. Anybody w/ great bow/shoe ideas, please lmk!
Thanks for lookin'!

Very cute. I think we're going to be there at the same time! My tickers off by a week, but we're going the second week of June.

Who was it on here who made the friends around the world feliz dress?

I would like to know where you found the people designs and I thnk it had an earth design. I need to finish DD's dress for international day..
Thank you so much in advance.

Super adorable! I love the owl. Good old classic Pooh!

adorable! you did a great job.

This looks great and sooo much work! Nice job!

Thanks!

WOW! That is a lot of applique!!!!!!! It was worth it, though! It turned out GREAT!

Whoa! You're the applique queen! This set is adorable, too!

How cute! Love the variegated orange fabric on the ruffle! You're so ambitious - I did not plan matching outfits for every day - the kids will have some matching-ish sets, but not every day. Your photos will look fabulous! :) I think we're going to be there the same time? Who else? June 7-16 for us. We should plan a meet!

Ok, you just made my day! Although, for the record, I have to say that the VHC set was for the 1st day of school in September.

We'll be there June 7-11. We'll probably go to DTD the 6th when we get checked in & settled.

th_IMG_1752.jpg
th_IMG_1753.jpg
th_IMG_1756.jpg

th_IMG_1789.jpg
th_IMG_1790.jpg

th_IMG_1792.jpg
th_IMG_1796.jpg

th_IMG_1798.jpg
th_IMG_1799.jpg

th_IMG_1760.jpg

Sooooo cute! I love the Audrey skirt. And Cinderella is sooo pretty! I love that fabric. Love the petti too!

Hello! I have lurked on this thread in the past, but now I have a question. I have sewn dresses for DD for our Disney trips - always sundresses because we travel in June or July :scared1: Too hot for satin! I've included some pictures of past hits, as instructed :thumbsup2 I have a Brother Disney Embroidery Machine.

100_0076.jpg

This is Belle & Beast with assorted princesses on the bottom.

WDW2008091-1.jpg

Ariel

100_0915-1.jpg

This has Minnie on the skirt, but I don't have a full-size picture uploaded :sad1:

For this year, DD would like Marie from Aristocats on a dress, and Pluto on a top and shorts. Pluto I have built into my machine, but I need to purchase a card that has Marie. That's ok, as I purchased a new machine to be able to use my Disney Princess card :lmao: I see that the Best Pals card has a Marie face, but I found this online.
http://en.item.rakuten.com/mishin-oukoku/10000697/

Unfortunately, I don't read Japanese :laughing: I even emailed them, but the reply is in Japanese as well :confused3

So, my long-winded intro is to ask, has anyone purchased a Japanese card to use in a Brother Embroidery Machine (model PE-180D)? Or, should I just purchase the Best Pals card? Any suggestions would be appreciated. TIA!

Ok, I just was browsing through the last thread and had to reply to McDuck...that dress you are working on (unless you finished since then) is one of my favorite simplicity patterns! I have used it a zillion times. It was actually the first EVER thing I sewed and the first ever pattern I used. If you need any help just let me know. That dress you are working on is really hard to get over the head and shoulders so I have started hemming the back about halfway down and using a button at the top with a loop of elastic to close it. Here is a pic of one of her dresses from that pattern...she is soooo little then :sad1: I can't find one of her wearing it...I wasn't good with modeling pics back then.
DSC00376.jpg

Oh I am so terribly sorry for this great loss....it would be hard at ANY time, but right before Mother's Day, I am so sorry...........

IMG_1752.jpg
IMG_1753.jpg

IMG_1756.jpg

IMG_1789.jpg
IMG_1790.jpg

IMG_1792.jpg
IMG_1796.jpg

IMG_1798.jpg
IMG_1799.jpg

IMG_1760.jpg

I just love them all......they are just stunning......I wish my 16 year old daughter was little again!;)

Hello! I have lurked on this thread in the past, but now I have a question. I have sewn dresses for DD for our Disney trips - always sundresses because we travel in June or July :scared1: Too hot for satin! I've included some pictures of past hits, as instructed :thumbsup2 I have a Brother Disney Embroidery Machine.

For this year, DD would like Marie from Aristocats on a dress, and Pluto on a top and shorts. Pluto I have built into my machine, but I need to purchase a card that has Marie. That's ok, as I purchased a new machine to be able to use my Disney Princess card :lmao: I see that the Best Pals card has a Marie face, but I found this online.
http://en.item.rakuten.com/mishin-oukoku/10000697/

Unfortunately, I don't read Japanese :laughing: I even emailed them, but the reply is in Japanese as well :confused3

So, my long-winded intro is to ask, has anyone purchased a Japanese card to use in a Brother Embroidery Machine (model PE-180D)? Or, should I just purchase the Best Pals card? Any suggestions would be appreciated. TIA!

This is what it translates into:Type of pattern 29 Type 36 design
The classic film "The Aristocats" has shaped configuration according to the story. Marie especially cute, and attractive play Dutchess of your mom (the hero of the story), Berlioz and Toulouse's lively brother, dependable O'Malley (father of later), depending on the combination of city chic and they are , but also slightly sweet mature.
My computer automatically translated it. Hope this helps. My machine doesn't use the Disney cards so I don't have any help on whether the card would work or not.

Thank you! Considering the translation of the language, I know I am taking a big chance on even ordering it, but it is tempting;) I'll wait and see if my local store even carries the Best Pals card, and I might inquire about this one there as well (the owner is pretty knowledgeable). If anyone else has any more experience, I'd love to hear it. Thanks again!:thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter