Disboutiquers Part 21 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
VHC? Sure! I only had a bout 2 yds of the little caterpillars & words so I ended up doing a LOT of applique.

7730_144872623244_606948244_3409443_26654_n.jpg

7730_144872628244_606948244_3409444_4816707_n.jpg

7730_144872648244_606948244_3409446_607783_n.jpg

?
Aw, so sweet and adorable!!!

Some of you may have seen this one on facebook, but I haven't posted it here yet, so. . . here's an Audrey Ruffle Skirt set.

IMG_1752.jpg
IMG_1753.jpg

IMG_1756.jpg

And most of you have seen this top before (I made it a year and a half ago or so? for our trip that we had to cancel.) So she never got a chance to wear it and now it's too short for a dress, so I made capris to go with it. thank goodness for keeping scraps! I used the very last of that stripe fabric to finish these!

IMG_1789.jpg
IMG_1790.jpg

And now finally Ella's Cinderella dress. We went to the park yesterday to take nice photos, but my camera settings were all wonky and they didn't look too good, so we took some more pics today in the backyard. Used HeatherSue's fabulous carriage design on the bodice - I cannot even say how gorgeous this design is in person - it stitched out wonderfully - even with the silver metallic thread which can be a real pain to work with! Anyhoo, here's the dress with her petti underneath. I kind of wish I would have ordered an all white petti for wearing under clothes - this one is pink and white and while you can't see it in these pics, I'm afraid that it'll show during her BBB photos. Maybe I'll have to convince DH to let me buy her a white one. . .

I should add that this dress was inspired by both Teresa and Jeanne's Cinderella dresses . . . sort of a mishmash of the two. . . :)
IMG_1792.jpg
IMG_1796.jpg

closeup of embroidery and fabric:

IMG_1798.jpg
IMG_1799.jpg

And finally - her very first petti!

IMG_1760.jpg
Awww love them all, they are so cute. I think my favorite is the ruffled one!!!

100_0076.jpg

This is Belle & Beast with assorted princesses on the bottom.

WDW2008091-1.jpg

Ariel
So cute~!

Ok, I just was browsing through the last thread and had to reply to McDuck...that dress you are working on (unless you finished since then) is one of my favorite simplicity patterns! I have used it a zillion times. It was actually the first EVER thing I sewed and the first ever pattern I used. If you need any help just let me know. That dress you are working on is really hard to get over the head and shoulders so I have started hemming the back about halfway down and using a button at the top with a loop of elastic to close it. Here is a pic of one of her dresses from that pattern...she is soooo little then :sad1: I can't find one of her wearing it...I wasn't good with modeling pics back then.
DSC00376.jpg
That is cute!

Okay I admit it, I stuck my hand out of the tram on the way over and stood up before it stopped moving...I will just go put myself in the corner!

I really shouldn't say anything. But I have had the worst 2 days of my life. My mother passed away yesterday and we were extrememly close. :littleangel: She taught me how to sew when I was 8 years old. She became a Disney fan with me, and came to Disney me quite a few times. She always LOVED everyone of my Disney related (and everything actually) outfits and showed everyone that walked in the door. We would go fabric shopping together, and she'd give me her opinion on colors and trims. She also got me started on machine embroidery.

The next few months is really going to be hard. I lived with her, because neither one of us could afford to live alone. She loved this house bought it with my Dad when we were all kids. I am really sad to leave here and try to find a place on my own, when I get comfort from being near the things she loved. But, I am trying to take comfort in knowing that it is her wishes that the house be sold and divided among my sisters and myself. She wouldn't want any of us to try and keep the house when we can't afford it.

I wish the Doctors were more attentive to her complaints so her last few months would have been more comfortable for her. But she's put on her dancing shoes and with Dad in heaven now.

Thank you for listening to me. I am hoping everyone really appreciates their Mother on this special day.

I am so sorry for you loss. :grouphug:

Oh my gosh...you people are amazing!! I stumbled across this thread, and I'm just in awe of everyone's talent and creativity!!

I love all of it but especially the skirt! Where did you get all the dots? Like the black with red and the big white and black dots? Are they are certain designer? TIA!

Thanks! The big white and black dots are Michael Miller. The black with red I've had for about 2 years? and I know I got it at Hancocks, but not sure of the designer.

Some of you may have seen this one on facebook, but I haven't posted it here yet, so. . . here's an Audrey Ruffle Skirt set.

IMG_1752.jpg
IMG_1753.jpg

IMG_1756.jpg

And most of you have seen this top before (I made it a year and a half ago or so? for our trip that we had to cancel.) So she never got a chance to wear it and now it's too short for a dress, so I made capris to go with it. thank goodness for keeping scraps! I used the very last of that stripe fabric to finish these!

IMG_1789.jpg
IMG_1790.jpg

And now finally Ella's Cinderella dress. We went to the park yesterday to take nice photos, but my camera settings were all wonky and they didn't look too good, so we took some more pics today in the backyard. Used HeatherSue's fabulous carriage design on the bodice - I cannot even say how gorgeous this design is in person - it stitched out wonderfully - even with the silver metallic thread which can be a real pain to work with! Anyhoo, here's the dress with her petti underneath. I kind of wish I would have ordered an all white petti for wearing under clothes - this one is pink and white and while you can't see it in these pics, I'm afraid that it'll show during her BBB photos. Maybe I'll have to convince DH to let me buy her a white one. . .

I should add that this dress was inspired by both Teresa and Jeanne's Cinderella dresses . . . sort of a mishmash of the two. . . :)
IMG_1792.jpg
IMG_1796.jpg

IMG_1798.jpg
IMG_1799.jpg

IMG_1760.jpg

As always your work is total perfection :worship: Someone mentioned before they do more scrolling and drooling than sewing...you can add me to that list :rolleyes1

Ten pages?!?! And a new thread?!?! See what happens when I take a Saturday off from the DIS? :laughing:

I finished my Ariel gown! :D Well It's wearable..the bottom skirt is just a panel loosely sewn onto the skirt for the day :rolleyes1

The only picture I have of the whole dress is this one that I found on the ocweekly site.

socal-cosplay-gathering478239287.jpg

I also caved in and have a facebook now :laughing:
Search up Helen Ceron :3

Who was it on here who made the friends around the world feliz dress?

I would like to know where you found the people designs and I thnk it had an earth design. I need to finish DD's dress for international day..
Thank you so much in advance.

I didn't make the dress but I think the fabric might be from Alexander Henry from the Good Earth collection.

th_IMG_1752.jpg
th_IMG_1753.jpg

She is such a doll! I love the combination of dots for the ruffles.

th_IMG_1792.jpg
th_IMG_1796.jpg

The dress came out great. If you're concerned about the pink showing through, maybe you could make a 'slip cover' for the petti. I'm thinking just a simple slip (full or half) in plain white (like Kona cotton) that would be worn over the petti under the dress.

Who was it on here who made the friends around the world feliz dress?

I would like to know where you found the people designs and I thnk it had an earth design. I need to finish DD's dress for international day..
Thank you so much in advance.

That was KIRA! It was BEAUTIFUL! She digitized the children that are stitched around the hem of the dress. She used the friends around the world fabric that is very hard to find now.
KIRA - WHERE ARE YOU?

Sally...:hug: to you from someone who totally understands. And coming right at Mother's day makes it even worse. 4 years ago on Mother's day my mom went to the hospital, and we lost her 5 days later. It still hurts, but it does get easier, I promise. This is the place to let it all out, for me this is not just sewing support, sometimes it's life support too.

I am so sorry for your loss. It sounds like your mom was a wonderful woman and you were so lucky to have her as your mother. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

:hug: Soo sorry for your loss.

Hugs to you Sally.:hug:

I'm so sorry for your loss. I will keep you and your family in my prayers!:hug:

WHy shouldn't you say anything? I'm so glad you trusted us enough to share your pain today. I'll be praying for your family; I can't imagine how hard this must be for you.

Sally - thinking of and praying for you and Kirsta and your sisters today especially. Im glad you had such special times with your Mom and that she taught you to do things that you and your daughter love!!
:hug:

I am so sorry to hear this :hug: It sounds like your Mom is a fantastic woman and shared much love with you and your family. Keep strong and remember that each time you sew or do something that you would have done together she is there, sitting right next to you, giving you strength and support.
Keep strong and know that she is with you..... :hug:

Oh hunny, Im so sorry that you have to go through this. But it sounds like she is an amazing woman who will always live on with you in your heart. If you need anything feel free to PM me even just to write it out. :hug:

Oh Sally, I am so very sorry for your loss. Big hugs, thoughts and prayers to you!!!

Sally, Hugs to you.:hug: I can't imagine what you must be feeling today and my heart goes out to you! More hugs! :hug:

Prayers and hugs to you and your family, I am so sorry.

I'm so sorry for your loss. I know how hard it is to deal with the loss of your mom while also contemplating finding a new place to live. My mom passed when I was 21 and we'd lost my dad and youngest sister less than a year before so I was living with Mom so she wasn't alone. I hope you're able to take a little time before you have to begin looking for a new place.

Of course you should say something! I am so very sorry for your loss I am sure the next few months will feel imposable but please know that we are praying for you and you have our support.

Me too!

I'm so sorry for your loss. I'll be thinking about and praying for you and your family. :hug:

Sally :hug: hugs to you.

:hug: I'm so sorry for your loss. This is the perfect place to talk about it when you need to. :hug:

Oh I am so terribly sorry for this great loss....it would be hard at ANY time, but right before Mother's Day, I am so sorry...........

I am so sorry for you loss. :grouphug:

Kirsta is taking it really hard. She was so close to my Mother. Mom always said her Grandchildren were her greatest Joy. It would hit hard anyday, but I keep thinking of the things I said we were going to do. She really wanted to see the movie Tooth, but was too sick earlier to go. I told her it was out on DVD and I was going to get it for her for Mothers Day. Why does his bother me so much? I plan on going to buy it and bury it with her.

I started to do some craft shows in the fall, for extra income, and to do something with all the "stuff" I make on my new embroidery machine. But I'm not really feeling it now, she used to go with me to keep me company.

But my poor nephew. Mom's oldest grandchild. He's 21, and he and his girlfriend bought a house at Thanksgiving, got engaged at Xmas. They decided to get married now, since he's going to be deployed to Afghanistand for 6 months. They get married on Friday. Mom told the Doctors they had to hurry and fix her up, she had a wedding to go to.

While sitting with Mom in her last hours, I saw her twice reach out inthe air. I think she was reaching for the light, God's hand, or maybe she saw my Dad? I know we all go sometime. But I thought we had another 20years with her. My Gmother was 93 when she passed, and her mother was 105. But I know that Mom is now pain free.

Thank you for all the hugs. I'll need them in the next weeks. :grouphug:

That was KIRA! It was BEAUTIFUL! She digitized the children that are stitched around the hem of the dress. She used the friends around the world fabric that is very hard to find now.
KIRA - WHERE ARE YOU?

Thanks. I need those kids:rotfl:. I have the good earth fabrics for the dress and want to put those cute kids around the bottom of the dress. Alexander Henry's kids are tiny and I am using those on the top of the dress around the earth.

I really shouldn't say anything. But I have had the worst 2 days of my life. My mother passed away yesterday and we were extrememly close. :littleangel: She taught me how to sew when I was 8 years old. She became a Disney fan with me, and came to Disney me quite a few times. She always LOVED everyone of my Disney related (and everything actually) outfits and showed everyone that walked in the door. We would go fabric shopping together, and she'd give me her opinion on colors and trims. She also got me started on machine embroidery.

The next few months is really going to be hard. I lived with her, because neither one of us could afford to live alone. She loved this house bought it with my Dad when we were all kids. I am really sad to leave here and try to find a place on my own, when I get comfort from being near the things she loved. But, I am trying to take comfort in knowing that it is her wishes that the house be sold and divided among my sisters and myself. She wouldn't want any of us to try and keep the house when we can't afford it.

I wish the Doctors were more attentive to her complaints so her last few months would have been more comfortable for her. But she's put on her dancing shoes and with Dad in heaven now.

Thank you for listening to me. I am hoping everyone really appreciates their Mother on this special day.

I am so very sorry for your loss. :hug: You and your family are in my prayers.

th_IMG_1752.jpg
th_IMG_1753.jpg

th_IMG_1756.jpg

th_IMG_1789.jpg
th_IMG_1790.jpg

th_IMG_1792.jpg
th_IMG_1796.jpg

So, so cute! Love everything; the cindy dress is gorgeous! I have to warn you though, I'm also planning an audrey for CM's; I don't want you to think I'm just copying ya- I'm planning to use MM plain jane fabrics, though; so they won't be the same- hope we're not both going to CM's the 12th LOL. Otherwise I'll change mine since I haven't made it yet. We'll be there the 5th-13th and I'd love to meet up y'all if we can- and the rest of us, too- I think there's a couple more going around our time:goodvibes
I finished my Ariel gown! :D Well It's wearable..the bottom skirt is just a panel loosely sewn onto the skirt for the day :rolleyes1

The only picture I have of the whole dress is this one that I found on the ocweekly site.

th_socal-cosplay-gathering478239287.jpg

I also caved in and have a facebook now :laughing:
Search up Helen Ceron :3

Awesome!

I thought I would post this as many of you will relate. Gianna is 7 and where we live (LI) customs are rare at best, and as she has told me many times NOT cool for school. Hairbows have also been a no no for the past year:sad1:

Gianna suprised me with a writing piece she worked on in school and an even bigger surprise was that she had entered a mother's day contest in the local newspaper and part of her work was published in the paper (she did not win-oh well). Anyway....her is the surprising and heartwarming part...she wrote "My Mom is very talented. She makes some of my clothes. Once she made me an Alice in Wonderland outfit. My mother loves me at every moment." Lately it has felt like she was embarrased of the customs and sewing that I try to push her into wearing ;) so when I read this it really made my day. DH tells me see I told you she doesn't hate the stuff you make :scared1: Let's just say he really has a way with words :rotfl:

Hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day!!

So sorry for your loss Sally. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

th_IMG_1752.jpg
th_IMG_1753.jpg

th_IMG_1756.jpg

th_IMG_1789.jpg
th_IMG_1790.jpg

th_IMG_1792.jpg
th_IMG_1796.jpg

th_IMG_1798.jpg
th_IMG_1799.jpg

th_IMG_1760.jpg

Beautiful work as always Lori! I love all of the outfits! So glad you started sewing again after your "vacation" from it! Your work is just beautiful!

Love the Cinderella dress! The fabric you used is just gorgeous! Do you remember where it came from or who the designer was? I just loved it! Is it a cotton or a satin?

Ok, I just was browsing through the last thread and had to reply to McDuck...that dress you are working on (unless you finished since then) is one of my favorite simplicity patterns! I have used it a zillion times. It was actually the first EVER thing I sewed and the first ever pattern I used. If you need any help just let me know. That dress you are working on is really hard to get over the head and shoulders so I have started hemming the back about halfway down and using a button at the top with a loop of elastic to close it. Here is a pic of one of her dresses from that pattern...she is soooo little then :sad1: I can't find one of her wearing it...I wasn't good with modeling pics back then.
DSC00376.jpg

Oh wow, thanks for posting this!! I actually haven't even had a chance to lay the pattern out and cut it out yet--it's been crazy-busy with DH's command functions for the past three days (and then Mother's Day today--we drove to NOLA after church to surprise my mom). I'm trying to visualize how you did the back--from a construction-wise POV. Your dress came out darling!

I neglected to multi-quote, unfortunately, so forgive my blanket "WOW, LOOKS GREAT!" to all the wonderful outfits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter