Disboutiquers Part 21 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
btw: just checked ycmt, and it's working fine for me; maybe the problem is fixed?

OMG me too! It says the domain name expired from godaddy and is pending renewal or deletion!

btw: just checked ycmt, and it's working fine for me; maybe the problem is fixed?

I can't get to it either - whois.com confirms that it's expired and register.com says it's for sale. My GUESS is that something got delayed in the renewal process. My ADVICE is that we stay off the website today because scalpers may try to go in and snag it. (This is based on what's happened with certain quilting websites.)

Too bad for YCMT - I was planning on window shopping there today. Oh well - I'll shop the embroidery and quilting websites instead.

I see you'll are trying to ditch me yet again!

Blame Teresa!!! She's on vacation and probably thinks she can get away with anything!:rotfl:

Can anyone else not get YouCanMakeThis.com to load. I keep getting a domain name is expired???

The site is still up and running but you have to be sure to use the whole www. address, typing in the entire address. Someone on FB posted that YCMT may have let a redirect expire that would normally take you right there, without the www being typed first.

Why ya'll gotta move when I actually have plans to do something during the day and night, huh??? Ok ok well Im here. I made it. Now to go catch up!

TinkerbelleMom;36583581[FONT="Comic Sans MS" said:
The site is still up and running but you have to be sure to use the whole www. address, typing in the entire address. Someone on FB posted that YCMT may have let a redirect expire that would normally take you right there, without the www being typed first. [/FONT]

I just tried typing the entire address in and still no luck!:scared1: If they don't get it back up then all of the patterns that we have purchased and kept stored there for easy access will be lost. I'm not a happy camper! I don't have all of my purchased patterns saved anywhere. I think if it comes back up I'm saving all of my stuff to my external hard drive!!!

I just tried typing the entire address in and still no luck!:scared1: If they don't get it back up then all of the patterns that we have purchased and kept stored there for easy access will be lost. I'm not a happy camper! I don't have all of my purchased patterns saved anywhere. I think if it comes back up I'm saving all of my stuff to my external hard drive!!!

Thanking the good Lord I downloaded my patterns to DS computer. I'm going get a pendrive & putting them on there too right now.:eek: I was planning on spending today sewing.

That is what I want for Mother's day....some free time, but DS is schooling today. Hopefully I can get most of the day to sew.

I really shouldn't say anything. But I have had the worst 2 days of my life. My mother passed away yesterday and we were extrememly close. :littleangel: She taught me how to sew when I was 8 years old. She became a Disney fan with me, and came to Disney me quite a few times. She always LOVED everyone of my Disney related (and everything actually) outfits and showed everyone that walked in the door. We would go fabric shopping together, and she'd give me her opinion on colors and trims. She also got me started on machine embroidery.

The next few months is really going to be hard. I lived with her, because neither one of us could afford to live alone. She loved this house bought it with my Dad when we were all kids. I am really sad to leave here and try to find a place on my own, when I get comfort from being near the things she loved. But, I am trying to take comfort in knowing that it is her wishes that the house be sold and divided among my sisters and myself. She wouldn't want any of us to try and keep the house when we can't afford it.

I wish the Doctors were more attentive to her complaints so her last few months would have been more comfortable for her. But she's put on her dancing shoes and with Dad in heaven now.

Thank you for listening to me. I am hoping everyone really appreciates their Mother on this special day.

I am so sorry to hear this :hug: It sounds like your Mom is a fantastic woman and shared much love with you and your family. Keep strong and remember that each time you sew or do something that you would have done together she is there, sitting right next to you, giving you strength and support.
Keep strong and know that she is with you..... :hug:

Well, that's weird, I can get in there from both AOL and IE with no trouble. Here's a link I just made by going there, so I know it worked just now, for me...please try and see if it works for you.
http://www.youcanmakethis.com/index.htm?

Also, when it does work for you, if your patterns in the library don't work for some reason, just send them an email, and they will fix it for you. I had a few several months back that the link kept coming up as expired for download, and they re-sent me without any troubles. It did take a day or two for them to respond to that, I think it was a weekend.

Popping by with my cell phone to tell everyone Happy Mother's Day! <3

tram2.jpg

Oh good, you all made it safely and have already exited the tram. Hopefully you watched your head, and if you didn't watch you head, you watched your language!! :lmao:

I guess I came on the later tram! haha:laughing:

Good morning ladies. This is my first time posting. We are in the very beginning stages of planning our fist Disney trip which won't be until December 2011 so I have lost of time to plan outfits and sew! I tried to keep up with the last thread - but it moves so fast! I will probably have a hard time keeping up here too.

Anyway I haven't done much Disney-specific sewing except for this outfit which has been very popular in my Etsy shop:

IMG_4654.jpg

IMG_4405.jpg

IMG_4386.jpg

I am getting lots of ideas on here and can't wait until my sewing schedule slows down enough that I can start trying them. I am going to be making my girls a Jesse shorts set to go to the Toy Story 3 premier!

Very cute! Welcome to the new world of posting here...keep posting! We love it.

Geesh. I could have sworn I was on here after 9:15 and I still missed the move! Oh well, page for a Saturday move isn't too bad!

I'll even post some stuff.
002-2.jpg
005.jpg

001-3.jpg
005-1.jpg

Thanks for looking!

I love them both!

I know that you all are going to pass out of pure shock but I actually sewed today!!! Aisling's Sea World Simply Sweet (with the crazy fabric she picked out) is finished with 19 days to spare ;) :rotfl:

My toothless model!

014.jpg

Aisling did a great job on her fabric choices!! I really like the bright and wild! Its fun!! Peach would have probably picked something very similar.

I finally have something I can share. I swear, I feel like I've been sewing constantly lately, but I have nothing to show for it. This took forever & I still have another one just like it to make, but it's going to have to wait a bit. That's too much applique to do again just yet.

30643_415894068244_606948244_5267806_3346602_n.jpg

30643_415894033244_606948244_5267802_7179060_n.jpg

30643_415894048244_606948244_5267803_7791478_n.jpg

30643_415894053244_606948244_5267804_266366_n.jpg

30643_415894063244_606948244_5267805_8206251_n.jpg

Sad, dark pic of the shirt that goes with it & was actually finished for her birthday party last weekend.
30643_415896093244_606948244_5267892_1573983_n.jpg

Super adorable! I love the owl. Good old classic Pooh!

Has anyone made anything for their Mom for Mother's Day? I made mine a boxy bag and filled it with travel stuff cause she is always on the road!!

100_1420.jpg

I bet she loves it!

Wow you all move fast! I still have to catch up on the last thread, but just thought I would share something else I made. I made this Fancy Nancy dress for Taylor, she wore it to my brother and future sister in laws wedding shower today. She thought the fancy nancy dress was her flower girl dress lol, we are going to have to convince her she can't wear it to the wedding.

Here is me with Taylor, and she was too excited and gave me my mother's day present early.... it's on my arm.... the girl has good taste, she insisted Daddy take her to buy me a new coach purse and she picked it herself!

140.jpg

Now I need to go catch up, and then start working on the 24 applique t-shirts I need to make for Taylor's class to wear to Sesame Street Live

That dress is really cute. Good thing Peach didn't see it. hehe and what a nice Mommy's day gift!!
Thanks! I wish I had used a darker purple thread on Lumpy, but once I put it away for a bit, it looked fine.

VHC? Sure! I only had a bout 2 yds of the little caterpillars & words so I ended up doing a LOT of applique.

7730_144872623244_606948244_3409443_26654_n.jpg

7730_144872628244_606948244_3409444_4816707_n.jpg

7730_144872648244_606948244_3409446_607783_n.jpg

adorable! you did a great job.

I really shouldn't say anything. But I have had the worst 2 days of my life. My mother passed away yesterday and we were extrememly close. :littleangel: She taught me how to sew when I was 8 years old. She became a Disney fan with me, and came to Disney me quite a few times. She always LOVED everyone of my Disney related (and everything actually) outfits and showed everyone that walked in the door. We would go fabric shopping together, and she'd give me her opinion on colors and trims. She also got me started on machine embroidery.

The next few months is really going to be hard. I lived with her, because neither one of us could afford to live alone. She loved this house bought it with my Dad when we were all kids. I am really sad to leave here and try to find a place on my own, when I get comfort from being near the things she loved. But, I am trying to take comfort in knowing that it is her wishes that the house be sold and divided among my sisters and myself. She wouldn't want any of us to try and keep the house when we can't afford it.

I wish the Doctors were more attentive to her complaints so her last few months would have been more comfortable for her. But she's put on her dancing shoes and with Dad in heaven now.

Thank you for listening to me. I am hoping everyone really appreciates their Mother on this special day.

Oh hunny, Im so sorry that you have to go through this. But it sounds like she is an amazing woman who will always live on with you in your heart. If you need anything feel free to PM me even just to write it out. :hug:

OMG me too! It says the domain name expired from godaddy and is pending renewal or deletion!

It works find for me right now.

OK, the pics aren't the best, but my family wasn't thrilled about multiple outfit changes just so mommy could get the pics. I've basically spent most of the last 4 months working on Disney stuff. Not sure why the thought of matching family outfits every day for 9 days seemed like such a good idea at the time, but once I started, I was commited:scared1:. I made 40 adult t shirts, and 2 outfits per day per kid (plus a couple). I still have 2 dresses, one surprise pirate outfit, 2 bowling shirts, one pair of applique shorts and 2 adult t-s to finish, but other than that, I can almost see the light at the end of the tunnel (here's hoping it's not a train)...

Anyway, I won't bore you with all the pics at once, so I'll go chronologically.

Day 1
Epcot; Nemo outfits GM is modelling the ladies t's; the guys are wearing mickey t's w/ the Nemo fabric.
037-1.jpg

I'm sending pics to a wonderful bling maker for matching jewels for DD each day (that will be her birthday present); but am going to have to think about perfect hair accessories soon. Anybody w/ great bow/shoe ideas, please lmk!
Thanks for lookin'!

HOLY SMOKIN' SEWING MACHINE! you were bustin a move with all those creations. I love the Nemo stuff.

Wow you all move fast! I still have to catch up on the last thread, but just thought I would share something else I made. I made this Fancy Nancy dress for Taylor, she wore it to my brother and future sister in laws wedding shower today. She thought the fancy nancy dress was her flower girl dress lol, we are going to have to convince her she can't wear it to the wedding.

146.jpg

Here is me with Taylor, and she was too excited and gave me my mother's day present early.... it's on my arm.... the girl has good taste, she insisted Daddy take her to buy me a new coach purse and she picked it herself!

140.jpg

Now I need to go catch up, and then start working on the 24 applique t-shirts I need to make for Taylor's class to wear to Sesame Street Live
Aww the FN dress came out so cute! And I love the pic of the pic of the two of you. So sweet...!!

Oh Sally, I am so very sorry for your loss. Big hugs, thoughts and prayers to you!!!

OK, the pics aren't the best, but my family wasn't thrilled about multiple outfit changes just so mommy could get the pics. I've basically spent most of the last 4 months working on Disney stuff. Not sure why the thought of matching family outfits every day for 9 days seemed like such a good idea at the time, but once I started, I was commited:scared1:. I made 40 adult t shirts, and 2 outfits per day per kid (plus a couple). I still have 2 dresses, one surprise pirate outfit, 2 bowling shirts, one pair of applique shorts and 2 adult t-s to finish, but other than that, I can almost see the light at the end of the tunnel (here's hoping it's not a train)...

Anyway, I won't bore you with all the pics at once, so I'll go chronologically.

Day 1
Epcot; Nemo outfits GM is modelling the ladies t's; the guys are wearing mickey t's w/ the Nemo fabric.
037-1.jpg

I'm sending pics to a wonderful bling maker for matching jewels for DD each day (that will be her birthday present); but am going to have to think about perfect hair accessories soon. Anybody w/ great bow/shoe ideas, please lmk!
Thanks for lookin'!
WOW you have been very busy!!! Looks great!

I wonder if ycmt just isn't working for internet explorer.

I just saved all of my patterns on 2 other computers in the house & my old school teacher pen drive.

Looking at the stuff saved on my old teacher drive brings back memories of a life time ago. I must say that I don't miss teaching. I have so much work on that drive & most of it fell on deaf ears. Sewing is much more fun & there are no discipline issues that can't be solved w/ a ripper & embroidery snips.

Wow! The creations that have been posted so far are just beautiful!

Happy Mother's Day to all Mom's and Moms to be!

Sally, Hugs to you.:hug: I can't imagine what you must be feeling today and my heart goes out to you! More hugs! :hug:

Vacation is getting REAL close for me and I have too much to do!

Teresa, I hope you are all enjoying your vacation! I look forward to hearing about it when you return!

Prayers and hugs to you and your family, I am so sorry.

Okie dokie! YCMT was working for me like an hour ago, and now its not! Pits!

Does anyone have a snuggy like pattern for an AG doll? Georgia got a Tinkerbell one for her birthday, and I found some fleece Tink fabric that matches nearly 100%! I wanted to make a matching one for her doll too.

I'm so sorry for your loss. I know how hard it is to deal with the loss of your mom while also contemplating finding a new place to live. My mom passed when I was 21 and we'd lost my dad and youngest sister less than a year before so I was living with Mom so she wasn't alone. I hope you're able to take a little time before you have to begin looking for a new place.

YCMT - I just checked and when I go to http://youcanmakethis.com I do get the notice that the domain expired. However, when I add 'www.' before youcanmakethis, it worked. I was able to log in, browse, etc. plus I've gone back a few times and reloaded the page to be sure it's still there. I think the comment earlier that YCMT may have let an alternate domain name expire (hopefully they'll fix it ASAP) is likely the cause but the website itself is acting as usual otherwise. Hopefully those who've had problems getting to the website will have more success if they use the www. version of the URL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter