Not open for further replies.
:confused3 If you have to choose between a ...:rotfl: :rotfl:

tummy tuck
trip to Disney
really cool and expensive sewing machine

which one will you choose?

I really want the machine , but I need the tummy tuck:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Linnette
You know what I think that I would take all three. :lmao:Especially if I was doing what you said you said you were going to do. :rotfl2:

Apparently last night my wish came true and it snowed. I haven't checked the weather report, but it looks like it snowed about an inch or two. There was some left on my windshield this morning. Unfortunately it also rained for the last couple of days, so as the snow fell it fell into puddles and did not stay. It snowed while we were all asleep, so I did not get to see it. Just to show you how unprepared this town is for snow and ice, all of the schools are closed. :lmao:I told Jenna that up north there is actually snow on the ground and all the kids are in school. She was shocked.

I'm you got & we didn't. Aislinn probably wouldn't agree with me though.

Heather, I love that Snow White, she's so cute!

Wendy, I'll be praying for Daniel & all of your family.

Question, what sort of weather can you expecton a Disney cruise in early February? DSIL is planning a trip & I want to make my neice something for the trip for Christmas.

All the talk about Circuts I thought I would share.
Custom Crops has a one day sale today only! Cricut Expression for $199.99 and free shipping. Criuct Expression with one cartridge (your choice!) for $209.99 Many cartridges are still on sale for $29.99.

http://www.customcrops.com/index.php?cPath=133

I was just gettng ready to post this!! BUT... you forgot to do this......

CRICUT ENABLER ALERT!!!!

you have to be really obnoxious about it so everyone can see it!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Customcrops also has tons of cartridges for 29.99 and cutting mats (12x12) for 5.99 and 12x24 for 7.99- GREAT DEALS!

HEATHER........ LOVE the dress and embroidery- so cute! I hope you get to feeling better quickly! You have way too much to do! You don;t have time to be sick ya know?!?!?! :hug:

SnowWhiteoutfit001_338x480.jpg
She is adorable! Would you mind sharing the sellers name?

Chloe's Pixie Dust.

Hi all if you pmed me about doing something for Megan's friend Chloe tomorrow is the ship date to make sure I have everything for her Birthday on the the 17. Thank you all so very much for your kindness. She is going to be so surprised.

Wendy..I will keep your dh's cousin in my prayers, and Linette, I will continue to keep you in my prayers as well.

Heather..love the Snow White big give outfit!

I love all the rag quilts that everyone is making..I am thinking of making one each for my kiddos, but that will probably have to wait until after Christmas. I have to make them their Christmas pajamas first!

DH decided that we should all take a vacation before he starts his new job on January 2nd. For those of you not on facebook..I can't remember if I had mentioned it here, but DH was one of the 3000 laid-off at the university/hospital in Galveston the week of Thanksgiving. God work in miraculous ways. MD Anderson had emailed him asking if he would like to come talk to them..and of course, he did and was offered the job so we are extremely thankful! Anyway, so he wants to take a vacation, and no...not to Disney (I wish! LOL)...we are headed to San Antonio after Kirsten gets out of school on the 19th, and coming back on the 23rd! Dh suggested making Seaworld custom..but I am not sure if I am going to have time.

Anyway, did anyone take advantage of the 2 free cartrdige offer from Cricut.com???

Yep - I put the x in my squares too. I just use a regular straight stitch though. That is actually what takes the longest on these quilts! The really do go together quick and pretty easy - and this type of quilt is great - you can't see any mistakes you might make! ;) I cropped a picture - you can kinda see the X's. I use white thread so it blends in on some of the fabrics. The 2nd picture is the first quilt I did last month. I have 3 more to do (plus one that needs to be finished!!)

IMG_3373.jpg
IMG_3004.jpg

Your quilt is beautiful. I love the little guy in front, he is adorable. Quilting does take a long time. I can't believe you have 3 more!

I love everyone's trees, decorations, rag quilts, etc.! I've been lurking because I got my Christmas present out of the box and have been playing with my new embroidery machine all day :banana: :banana: :banana: It's going better than I'd thought--at least the using designs I bought online part. I had a difficult moment when it took me 30 minutes to figure out that my 4x4 hoop was NOT my 5x7 hoop and that is why my design did not want to fit. :laughing: It would also help if I had appropriate stabilizer. I bought some stuff at the quilt shop to use to trace my Farbenmix patterns on and I'm pretty sure it's some sort of stabilizer :confused3 :lmao: Luke loves the machine as much as I do. He likes to watch it. Okay, back to playing.

Please send us pictures of the new machine and what you are doing with it. I am so jealous! I am happy you figured out the problem with the hoops already. How is the tension going. What kind of machine did you get?

Mom just came in so I have to run for now. Prayers for the little guy and all in need.

CRICUT EXPERTS - Do I need a Cricut Jukebox???

I don;t have one YET.... but I am really thinking about getting it. Everyone that has one loves it, and it would make switching out cartridges so much easier.

SO...... I'm thinking that we BOTH NEED ONE!!!

Now... how to send my DH an email with this suggestion???? Hmmmmmmm..

Shannon I would try the petti. Is it something that you think you can get away with her wearing at that length? Sounds like a lot of work to hem it all.

I got somethign to share with the group YEAH!!! I did not do them myself but had them ordered at the ribbon store. I am betting it is where Revrob picked up a bow today lol.

th_121008019.jpg

That baby is so cute and she looks adorable in that outfit!

Hi Guys,

PRAYERS NEEDED!!!!!

My DH's cousin's 11 year old son was just admitted to the PICU at duPont Hospital for children. He went to the Dr for severe headaches this afternoon - the Dr didnt like the look of his pupils, sent him for an MRI or a CATscan and they saw some type of mass on his brain - so they admitted him immediately. Tomorrow am they will do which ever scan they didnt do tonight. Ugh, Im afraid to think of what this may be. I work at this hospital, so kind of know what they could possibly be looking at.......

Thanks Friends, Wendy

:grouphug: and prayers. How scary! I hope all goes well for him.

Just checking in to say I haven't fallen off the face of the earth!!
Grammy's Big party is on sat. and the photos I requested that everyone to me last sat. I just got today and HUGE stack of them! So I will be scanning pictures every spare minute and then I have to organize and edit them and have the slide show ready for the party sat. afternoon!! We've been seeing my sil and her dd this week too. Plus all the regular life stuff. Just plain Busy!!
I'm so sorry to hear about your nephew Wendy!! I'll being praying for your family!!

Tell Grammy Happy Birthday from the Disboutiquers!

Very behind...but...

I just wanted to pop in and say that everyone continues to blow me away. I love all the pictures, thoughts, ideas, etc. I only wish I had endless hours to keep up. I am so glad I found this community.

I am working on DD's mickey mouse outfit. I am getting my post count up to post pictures. Then, I am going to try appliqué. So, we'll see.

Oh, FYI - if all goes as planned we are planning a cruise/park visit in May of 2009. Holy cow those are so expensive! We are trying to figure out who of us will be going (kids vs. no kids). And #3 who isn't even conceived as of yet (shhhhh!!). Yes, we are planning Disney World around baby #3. We took our honeymoon there 8.5 years ago. So, we are returning on our 10th anniversary. We are going to stalk the travel agents until 2010 booking begins. Hopefully by then we will have figured out exactly what we want to do.

I remember the days of planning vacations around "hoped for" pregnancies! :laughing: Wow, that made me sound old. :scared:

HELP!

I bought some designs for my machine and downloaded them, put them on a disk and put them in my machine. Every time I try and click the machine keeps shutting off, then back on and resets itself. Has anyone ever had this happen or have any idea what the problem is? There are 2 designs and they show up odd on my screen. I don't have anything to view them with on the computer so I am not positive exactly how they look, but they look almost on top of each other!

Sorry, no idea. Hope you get it figured out though.

Prayers to those that need them.

BIG NEWS (at least for me) - my DH wouldn't let me open my Cricut in case he needed it as a present to give me for Christmas. Well, last night he decided he didn't need it!!! At 10 PM, no less! Well, of course, I had to open it right away and cut something! I just cut a couple of leaf shapes and a flower and the letter K, but what fun! I cannot WAIT. I saw on the Home Decor cart that it came with a very cool swirly star and a butterfly that will look great in DDs room. While she is sleeping on Christmas eve, I am going to sneak in and re-decorate from Princess to Hannah Montana! Some vinyl butterflies and stars on the wall will go perfectly, doncha think?

Sounds cute! I have some vinyl planned for Lily's room and still have not gotten it done. I also need to paint some picture frames, now that I think of it there is still a pink Christmas tree in a box sitting in her room too...:eek:

I'm sorry about the drive-by post here, but I have been pretty busy and not feeling too great.

Thanks to all of you who helped me out in deciding which fabric to use for this outfit!! I really appreciate it!!

This is a BIG GIVE outfit for a 14 year old girl who loves Snow White. I tried it on and it fit me, so I'm a little worried that it will be too big for her. But, I didn't take pictures this time, sorry! Besides, it doesn't have much twirl factor. ;)

th_SnowWhiteoutfit005_513x768.jpg
[/IMG]

I saw this embroidery design on ebay and absolutely fell in love with it! It was way more expensive than most of the designs I buy and it didn't stitch out right the first time (had to e-mail the seller and she fixed it and resent it). But, I just love Snow White's sweet face on this!!

IMG]For her brother, a t-shirt... I always feel guilty when I spend so little time on the boy's items. But, 11 year old boys don't generally like "fancy".

I usually do the outline to match the color of the fabric, but I thought black would look best on this one.

th_SnowWhiteoutfit008_411x480.jpg

Wendy: I'll say prayers for him and his family.

Sorry your are :sick: did you get what Teresa's had? :scared: I'm finally getting over a cold that lasted for 3 weeks. That Snow White is adorable! I'm sure she will love the outfit. I would wear it--if I were thinner :rotfl: That Goofy turned out great!

Wendy I just wanted for you to know that I am keeping Daniel in prayers also

I 've lost faith and hope many, many times and then something comes and smack me in the back just to remind me that He is always there....

I have to say to you guys that your prayers had help me many at times,
I have to share that this last time in the hospital while I was admitted a nurse came and gave me a tray and told me that I needed to keep it and take it to the doctors....this was the tray

I remember crying calling my mother telling her that there was no way that I was going to have another Tap, (after 35 taps I lost count) and at that I was scarred for the results .... My mother told me that she knew that there were a lot of people praying for me( I am always taking to her about you guys!!!) and that she was going to pray for me so I will not feel the needle and did not feel any pain, (to tell you the truth I made fun of her at that point) well to make this story short I did not feel any pain, and no anesthesia was used as the doctor told me the pain with and without it was the same, but when they did the test I felt nothing, just a light pressure in the back... I could not believe it!!! the doctor who had done it the last time was also surprised as he remember how difficult and painful the last one was .....yes I was screaming like a mad woman at the time!!

I wanted to share with you guys just to say thank you, and to say that even when I loose hope I still believe in the power of prayers
Linnette

:hug:

Apparently last night my wish came true and it snowed. I haven't checked the weather report, but it looks like it snowed about an inch or two. There was some left on my windshield this morning. Unfortunately it also rained for the last couple of days, so as the snow fell it fell into puddles and did not stay. It snowed while we were all asleep, so I did not get to see it. Just to show you how unprepared this town is for snow and ice, all of the schools are closed. I told Jenna that up north there is actually snow on the ground and all the kids are in school. She was shocked.

It always makes me laugh to hear about snow closures at school. School almost never closes due to snow around here. I remember one time they delayed the start of school by a couple of hours when we had like 3 feet of snow in a 12 hour period or something like that. It has to be pretty bad to close school.

:confused3 If you have to choose between a

tummy tuck
trip to Disney

I really want the machine , but I need the tummy tuck

Linnette

Hmmm, I would like all 3! And I'm sure I need a tummy tuck worse than you, but I would chose a Disney trip :confused3 :laughing:

I'm you got & we didn't. Aislinn probably wouldn't agree with me though.

Heather, I love that Snow White, she's so cute!

Wendy, I'll be praying for Daniel & all of your family.

Question, what sort of weather can you expecton a Disney cruise in early February? DSIL is planning a trip & I want to make my neice something for the trip for Christmas.

Our Disney cruise was February (10-17 or something close to those dates, we were there on the 11th, my birthday.) We did the Western Carribean. On the day we arrived in Orlando it was REALLY warm. Lily had a diaper blowout and the clothes were in the suitcase and our transportation was waiting and it was warm enough that she (18 months old) rode to the hotel in only a diaper and was plenty warm. We got on the ship the next day and Key West was rainy and warm, not hot at all. At Sea was a little warmish, not hot by any means. UM....Oh, Grand Cayman was warm and gorgeous, not hot. Cozumel was HOT (we took the ferry over to Playa Del Carmen). Castaway Cay was overcast and a little cooler than ideal but warm enough to run around in bathing suits but coverups were nice to have. When we landed back at Port Canaveral it was freezing! We got off the ship and had to wait for our transportation outside and we had to dig coats, blankets, anything we could find out of our luggage. We spent 2 days after that in Orlando and it was cold (for Orlando) we needed heavy jackets. If we were Floridians we would probably need coats. :laughing: I have an album on facebook of our cruise pics that will give you a better idea. It can get chilly, but was never really cold on the cruise, just in Orlando. The farther south you go the warmer. I loved being hot in Mexico!

Please send us pictures of the new machine and what you are doing with it. I am so jealous! I am happy you figured out the problem with the hoops already. How is the tension going. What kind of machine did you get?

Mom just came in so I have to run for now. Prayers for the little guy and all in need.

What kind of a disboutiquer would I be if I didn't take pictures as I was playing with my new machine? :rotfl2: I'll have to get them off the camera today and post. I got the Singer Futura 200 from www.samsclub.com (thanks whoever showed me that) :thumbsup2 I like it so far!
:banana: :banana: :banana:

Well, since you guys are such a bad influence, and I only have boys to sew for I bought the Carla C pattern for the bowling shirt and started to make one last night. I have everything except the Placket and the collar done and so far so good, but I am really nervous for the next steps. Also, I am making the size 7/8 for my 7 year old, and I think it will just fit. I will have to figure how to expand the pattern a bit if I want to make another one for him.

Prayers to those that need them.

BIG NEWS (at least for me) - my DH wouldn't let me open my Cricut in case he needed it as a present to give me for Christmas. Well, last night he decided he didn't need it!!! At 10 PM, no less! Well, of course, I had to open it right away and cut something! :) I just cut a couple of leaf shapes and a flower and the letter K, but what fun! I cannot WAIT. I saw on the Home Decor cart that it came with a very cool swirly star and a butterfly that will look great in DDs room. While she is sleeping on Christmas eve, I am going to sneak in and re-decorate from Princess to Hannah Montana! Some vinyl butterflies and stars on the wall will go perfectly, doncha think? :thumbsup2

I'm glad you got to play with your new toy already!

I'm sorry about the drive-by post here, but I have been pretty busy and not feeling too great.

Thanks to all of you who helped me out in deciding which fabric to use for this outfit!! I really appreciate it!!

This is a BIG GIVE outfit for a 14 year old girl who loves Snow White. I tried it on and it fit me, so I'm a little worried that it will be too big for her. But, I didn't take pictures this time, sorry! Besides, it doesn't have much twirl factor. ;)

th_SnowWhiteoutfit005_513x768.jpg
[/IMG]

I saw this embroidery design on ebay and absolutely fell in love with it! It was way more expensive than most of the designs I buy and it didn't stitch out right the first time (had to e-mail the seller and she fixed it and resent it). But, I just love Snow White's sweet face on this!!

th_SnowWhiteoutfit001_338x480.jpg

Here's a closeup of the hem with the girl's name embroidered into it. I was torn between putting "Just one bite", or her name. I went with her name because she wanted something personalized.

th_SnowWhiteoutfit006_640x434.jpg
[/IMG]

For her brother, a t-shirt... I always feel guilty when I spend so little time on the boy's items. But, 11 year old boys don't generally like "fancy".

th_SnowWhiteoutfit007_538x480.jpg

I usually do the outline to match the color of the fabric, but I thought black would look best on this one.

th_SnowWhiteoutfit008_411x480.jpg

Wendy: I'll say prayers for him and his family. :hug:
Heather, I love this!! It turned out absolutely adorable!!! I love the little apple on the shirt!!! That is a cute touch! And the little Snow Whit is even cuter than I thought it would be!

And,I love that Goofy shirt!!!! :thumbsup2

I wanted to share with you guys just to say thank you, and to say that even when I loose hope I still believe in the power of prayers:hug:
Linnette

Aww Linnette, I'm so glad it wasn't painful for you!:hug:

Apparently last night my wish came true and it snowed. I haven't checked the weather report, but it looks like it snowed about an inch or two. There was some left on my windshield this morning. Unfortunately it also rained for the last couple of days, so as the snow fell it fell into puddles and did not stay. It snowed while we were all asleep, so I did not get to see it. Just to show you how unprepared this town is for snow and ice, all of the schools are closed. :lmao:I told Jenna that up north there is actually snow on the ground and all the kids are in school. She was shocked.
Pictures??? :confused3 I'm glad you got your snow!! I think it's funny that you didn't have school though! It has to be very nasty here for them to close school! Just the other day the bus tried to stop in front of our house, but just kept on sliding past to the neighbor's! I was a little worried watching my babies get on the bus that day!

tummy tuck
trip to Disney

I really want the machine , but I need the tummy tuck:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Linnette

After I had Arminda, I asked my doctor why he didn't just go ahead and give me a tummy tuck while he was at it (I had a c-section). Well, after he got done describing THAT procedure to me, I don't think I would ever want it done! :scared1:

So, I would go with the machine or the trip!

To give us a better idea, what kind of machine is it, and how long would the trip be??

Well, since you guys are such a bad influence, and I only have boys to sew for I bought the Carla C pattern for the bowling shirt and started to make one last night. I have everything except the Placket and the collar done and so far so good, but I am really nervous for the next steps. Also, I am making the size 7/8 for my 7 year old, and I think it will just fit. I will have to figure how to expand the pattern a bit if I want to make another one for him.

You could probably use the pattern enlargment instructions in the bookmarks to make it bigger.
http://disboutique.blogspot.com/2008_09_01_archive.html

Carla just came out with a really cute vest pattern too! I haven't tried it yet, but it looks like it will be easy and very cute! :thumbsup2

Carla just came out with a really cute vest pattern too! I haven't tried it yet, but it looks like it will be easy and very cute! :thumbsup2

I think Carla must be reading my mind...I went and bought material for the kids to make the boys vests and Katie a skort to all match. The whole time I was buying the dreaded comercial pattern for the vest I was thinking..."why can't Carla make me a pattern?" So...THANKS CARLA!!!!!:cool1:

I plan on making them tomorrow, I will post some fuzzy pics!:lmao:

Linette! How great the prayers have reached you!:goodvibes

Teresa-I would post pictures, but there is nothing to see. It all melted as it hit the puddles. It has rained so bad the last two days that everything is flooded. There was some slush on the bottom of my windshield and some cars around town had a couple of inches on the top, but that was the only evidence that it had snowed. That's why I was shocked that the schools were closed. There wasn't even any ice. :confused3 Seems stupid to me to close the schools.

Teresa-I would post pictures, but there is nothing to see. It all melted as it hit the puddles. It has rained so bad the last two days that everything is flooded. There was some slush on the bottom of my windshield and some cars around town had a couple of inches on the top, but that was the only evidence that it had snowed. That's why I was shocked that the schools were closed. There wasn't even any ice. :confused3 Seems stupid to me to close the schools.

I have some pictures but I don't know how to download them to the computer. I will post them when dh can download them for me. I am near New Iberia and some stayed on the ground long enough for ds to make a snowman and a snow turtle LOL. I let ds stay home from school untill it melted so he could play. It has been twenty years since it snowed like that over here.

I 've lost faith and hope many, many times and then something comes and smack me in the back just to remind me that He is always there....

I have to say to you guys that your prayers had help me many at times,
I have to share that this last time in the hospital while I was admitted a nurse came and gave me a tray and told me that I needed to keep it and take it to the doctors....this was the tray

tummy tuck
trip to Disney

I really want the machine , but I need the tummy tuck

Linnette

First of all, :hug: I'm so glad that the spinal tap was pain free! That is such an inspirational story!

Second, I would say that with all you've been through, you NEED a vacation!!!

I was just gettng ready to post this!! BUT... you forgot to do this......

CRICUT ENABLER ALERT!!!!

you have to be really obnoxious about it so everyone can see it!!

Customcrops also has tons of cartridges for 29.99 and cutting mats (12x12) for 5.99 and 12x24 for 7.99- GREAT DEALS!

HEATHER........ LOVE the dress and embroidery- so cute! I hope you get to feeling better quickly! You have way too much to do! You don;t have time to be sick ya know?!?!?! :hug:
I had absolutely no interest in owning a cricut before you started corrupting my mind. Then, there was an infomercial for one on tv and I was glued to the television, my mouth agape. Those things are SO COOL! I still don't plan on buying one, but I am slightly tempted.

Thanks for the get well wishes!

She is adorable! Would you mind sharing the sellers name?
Diva's Doodles, or something like that.

DH decided that we should all take a vacation before he starts his new job on January 2nd. For those of you not on facebook..I can't remember if I had mentioned it here, but DH was one of the 3000 laid-off at the university/hospital in Galveston the week of Thanksgiving. God work in miraculous ways. MD Anderson had emailed him asking if he would like to come talk to them..and of course, he did and was offered the job so we are extremely thankful! Anyway, so he wants to take a vacation, and no...not to Disney (I wish! LOL)...we are headed to San Antonio after Kirsten gets out of school on the 19th, and coming back on the 23rd! Dh suggested making Seaworld custom..but I am not sure if I am going to have time.
When we went to San Antonio a few years back, Sea World was closed in the winter. No fair! We went to the botanical gardens down there and everything was dead- it was beautiful! :rotfl: I was surprised that they would charge us full price to see dead stuff. The riverwalk was wonderful, but I was scared to push a stroller down it because there was no railing! I loved the BBQ and creamed corn (I usually hate creamed corn) at Rudy's. The Natural Bridge Caverns were GORGEOUS!! Tessa fell asleep and Henry had to carry her for the whole tour.

There, that's my San Antonio prattle for the day.

Heather, I love this!! It turned out absolutely adorable!!! I love the little apple on the shirt!!! That is a cute touch! And the little Snow Whit is even cuter than I thought it would be!

Thank you, my dear sister! She is really cute, isn't she?

I have started Sawyer's Woody vest and so far it's REALLY easy!

I plan on making them tomorrow, I will post some fuzzy pics!:lmao:

:rotfl2: You always make me laugh!

I am so far behind on here. And for once, I am blaming it on other Disboutiquers who shall remain nameless.

Someone wrote about how much they were enjoying the Twilight series, and I believe a comment about "poor Edward" and I was intrigued, I also saw someone suggest to get more than 1 book in the series since the books were so good. So I took myself to Barnes and Noble on Tuesday evening- and bought book 1 and book 2. 24 hours later I finished both. I made dinner and read at the same time, stayed up til 2am Tue and Wed night, then got up wed morning at 7 and started reading again.

I have my big party on Monday. I made the decision to have the tea sandwiches catered, so I only have to do the childrens sandwiches, and cookies for the swap. My house is still not decorated, my kitchen is overflowing with dishes. LOL. Good think I didnt buy book 3! I am making myself wait til Monday afternoon to go buy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter