~DISappearing PEEPS~Vol. IV Come Play With Us!!!!!

Hey, PD, good to see you here. I'm taking some friends to dinner Thursday night and weighing in on Friday. That should have the same effect, right?

Hello, hello, nervously peeks head round door,
Yip I'm back, feeling a bit guilty for not visiting as much as I should have.
Anyway quick recap , made my goal of 50 pounds to disney last year, ended up losing 82 pounds altogether. Got my weight to a place where I was comfortable.
Went to Disney and put on 12 pounds In a fortnight , yeah 12 pounds.
Lost 8 pounds of that before Christmas and then ate more than any sane person would.
I haven't as yet done my weigh in cause I want at least 2 weeks in the gym to take the rough edges off first.
So my new plan is to lose 14 pounds before I go back to disney in August.

Not sure if this will work but here's a before and what I look like today.

image_zpscf45eddb.jpg

Hello, hello, nervously peeks head round door,
Yip I'm back, feeling a bit guilty for not visiting as much as I should have.
Anyway quick recap , made my goal of 50 pounds to disney last year, ended up losing 82 pounds altogether. Got my weight to a place where I was comfortable.
Went to Disney and put on 12 pounds In a fortnight , yeah 12 pounds.
Lost 8 pounds of that before Christmas and then ate more than any sane person would.
I haven't as yet done my weigh in cause I want at least 2 weeks in the gym to take the rough edges off first.
So my new plan is to lose 14 pounds before I go back to disney in August.

Not sure if this will work but here's a before and what I look like today.

image_zpscf45eddb.jpg
Amazing progress! You should be so proud of yourself! You look like a different person (in a good way, of course). Any big secret to your success? That's about the same amount as I lost as well. For me, Weight Watchers was the key. It's really the only thing that's worked for me. I've tried counting calories/fat/carbs, but those numbers get too big to keep track of. WW points only go up into the 30's, so it is easier for me to do. And of course exercise as well. But I abhor exercise; I wish I was a gym rat who loved working out, but I'm not. So it is a constant struggle to keep myself motivated to work out. But I still manage to drag my lazy butt to the gym 4-5 times a week, because I know I have to do that to lose and keep the weight off.

I had a good week, and I'm cautiously optimistic about my weigh in tomorrow morning. I followed the WW plan to a "T", and I've been to the gym every day this week. This is my first week back on plan since before Thanksgiving, and I REALLY need a good number tomorrow to set my mind at ease. It'll be a bit of a letdown if I didn't lose something, anything, this week.

Here's hoping for a bunch of good numbers from everybody tomorrow!

Hello Peeps! Hope everyone had a good weekend. Mine was up and down. Friday I weighed in for the first time -- I was -2.2! Yay!

But then it was downhill from there. The Packers lost on Saturday. Booooo!

And then on Sunday we went to Costco and Kohl's since my wife had a 30% off coupon and a gift card she got from some coworkers. She bought a few things, and as we were heading to the checkout, she asked if I wanted or needed anything. At first I said no, then I changed my mind and said I'd look at the clearance racks (I'm a cheap-skate) for a sweater or two for work. I found a couple I liked and tried them on. They didn't fit... A year and a half ago, I was comfortably wearing size small. Now mediums don't look good. So depressing! It literally ruined the rest of my day and weekend. I'm still down about it today. I know I shouldn't let it get to me, but I take things like that really hard. I have a closet full of clothes that either don't fit or just don't look good, and I can't find anything at the store that looks good either. I guess what they say is true - ignorance is bliss. If I hadn't tried on those sweaters, I probably would be fine today. But that just brought all of those old "I'm just a fatso and I always will be" feelings rushing back again. UGH!!!

Ok, enough of my pity party. Time to use this as motivation to keep pushing forward. Onward and upward!

Hello Peeps! Hope everyone had a good weekend. Mine was up and down. Friday I weighed in for the first time -- I was -2.2! Yay!

But then it was downhill from there. The Packers lost on Saturday. Booooo!

And then on Sunday we went to Costco and Kohl's since my wife had a 30% off coupon and a gift card she got from some coworkers. She bought a few things, and as we were heading to the checkout, she asked if I wanted or needed anything. At first I said no, then I changed my mind and said I'd look at the clearance racks (I'm a cheap-skate) for a sweater or two for work. I found a couple I liked and tried them on. They didn't fit... A year and a half ago, I was comfortably wearing size small. Now mediums don't look good. So depressing! It literally ruined the rest of my day and weekend. I'm still down about it today. I know I shouldn't let it get to me, but I take things like that really hard. I have a closet full of clothes that either don't fit or just don't look good, and I can't find anything at the store that looks good either. I guess what they say is true - ignorance is bliss. If I hadn't tried on those sweaters, I probably would be fine today. But that just brought all of those old "I'm just a fatso and I always will be" feelings rushing back again. UGH!!!

Ok, enough of my pity party. Time to use this as motivation to keep pushing forward. Onward and upward!

Hey, another Wisconsinite. I'm from Green Bay. Still getting over that terrible game on Saturday. talk about outmatched. gah.

It it's cool, I'm gonna jump in here. I'm a 33 year old guy. Father of 2. Going to Disney World with the family in the end of March.

Last trip was in 2010 and I made a big push to lose weight. And, I did lose about 15 lbs. Of course, now it's all back. I'm at 218 now. I'd love to get to 199 before the trip. Not sure how realistic that is...but, we'll see. I'm gonna try just eating small lunches and working out 3-4 times a week.

Most of my shirts are XL but they look baggy and stupid. Sometimes an L will fit right, but I have a long torso and a beer gut, so you can imagine what happens when they don't fit right. I really want to be able to where Large sized shirts and NOT have to worry about redefining the word 'hangover' if ya know what I mean. :)

Hopefully, posting here will keep me accountable.

Hello peeps!
I must say that I am not doing as good as I should be lol. It has been so cold...below zero temps and having a newborn, I just haven't been out to the store to get good stuff. I have been eating out of the pantry and freezer which means lots of carbs and junk.

I sent DH to the store last night to get chicken. Well I should have specified what I meant by chicken because he came back with tyson chicken strips lol the breaded kind. :rolleyes2 Yeah...so I need to bundle up and just take myself to the store or else I will find myself gaining instead of losing. The good news is is that I haven't gained at all. Just maintaining.

Hope you all are doing better than I am!!

Hi Peeps, I am not doing as well as I would like either. Although we just got a family membership to the Y, so I am hoping to start a routine this week.

Last week got lost in chaos, but I was a samer. This week I am downdown 1.4. I'll take it, but it is really a slow loss from the quick gain I made over the holidays. I didn't have time to read back yet, but I have the feeling I'm not the only one having a hard time getting back to the weight control routine after a month of wild, holiday abandon. I'm off to the gym now, so let's hope that helps.

:moped: Just stopping by to say hello! I see Danielle. (HI, DANIELLE!) Any other old timers here? I'm a vestige from the original thread. Don't DIS much any more but miss my friends here. I'm whole-foods, plant based now so feeling better about my eating habits. Neeeeeed to exercise. Hope you all are well and happy! Take care.

:moped: Just stopping by to say hello! I see Danielle. (HI, DANIELLE!) Any other old timers here? I'm a vestige from the original thread. Don't DIS much any more but miss my friends here. I'm whole-foods, plant based now so feeling better about my eating habits. Neeeeeed to exercise. Hope you all are well and happy! Take care.

Nice to see you here, Melinda. Wendy and Mary Lou (Pixie Dust) show up occasionally. Daisy_77 (from Idaho) came back recently. I can't remember how far back Shannon (Wonders) goes. I see your pics on FB sometimes, and you look great. Plant-based really agrees with you.

Hi guys!

Down 1.6 this week. Thanks in large part to a stomach bug I caught mid-week. I'm still training with a trainer and trying to get my cardio in on off days but the lbs are coming off slower since I started strength training...everyone is telling me that's normal.

Where'd everyone go? Did you see your shadows and dive back into your burrows?
I'm having a tough time eating right, especially due to a hoard of goodies in the back office at school (not just mine, so I can't toss them), and also feeling exhausted. When I'm tired at the end of the day, and still have a ton of work to do, I tend to eat. I've changed a lot of bad habits, but that one is really hard to kick.
I have been pretty good about the exercise. That is the reason I am down .6. We have people coming for the Super Bowl tomorrow. We're getting El Pollo Loco for dinner, which is healthier than a lot of fast food. Just have to remember to drink my water to make up for the sodium.
Hope everyone is doing OK. Don't forget, this thread isn't for the perfect; it's for support.:hug:

Where'd everyone go? Did you see your shadows and dive back into your burrows?
I'm having a tough time eating right, especially due to a hoard of goodies in the back office at school (not just mine, so I can't toss them), and also feeling exhausted. When I'm tired at the end of the day, and still have a ton of work to do, I tend to eat. I've changed a lot of bad habits, but that one is really hard to kick.
I have been pretty good about the exercise. That is the reason I am down .6. We have people coming for the Super Bowl tomorrow. We're getting El Pollo Loco for dinner, which is healthier than a lot of fast food. Just have to remember to drink my water to make up for the sodium.
Hope everyone is doing OK. Don't forget, this thread isn't for the perfect; it's for support.:hug:

I am here... I just forget to post. :sad:

I am having less and less DIS time it seems.

I am counting calories, and exercising, and I am so darn tired every night, my energy level is so low. I am eating enough calories, but (and this is a bug but) I think I am waiting to late to have my big meal.

I used the hear a saying, that was something like..... Eat like a king at breakfasr, a prime at lunch and a pauper at dinner, I take this to mean, eat a big breakfast, a medium lunch and small dinner. BUT, mine are just the opposite.

So I think i am tired by the time afternoon comes around and I need to exercise.

Hi all! Just passing through and thought I would say hi! :wave2: I haven't posted here in a long time as life gets in the way of my DIS time.

Things are crazy with me, but am planning a 30th Anniversary trip to WDW in August for the whole family...kids, in-laws, grandkids! Can't wait and am working on getting some of this weight off...10 lbs at a time! :cheer2: Small goals work the best for me.

I'll pop in again soon! Happy Day!! :):):):):):):):)

30th anniversary - How Fabulous! Good to see you here, and 10 lbs. is totally do-able.

I'm down .3 today. Not much, but I'll take it. I took a survey with Kaiser last night, and they recommend I up my fruits, veggies, and whole grains. I feel like I eat more of those than most folks do, but I think that's the tragedy of the American diet. Too much processed food, not enough "clean" food. I'll make an effort this week. Next week we are traveling, so I really can't commit. Well, I could, but I don't want to.:snooty:

Hi all! Just passing through and thought I would say hi! :wave2: I haven't posted here in a long time as life gets in the way of my DIS time.

Things are crazy with me, but am planning a 30th Anniversary trip to WDW in August for the whole family...kids, in-laws, grandkids! Can't wait and am working on getting some of this weight off...10 lbs at a time! :cheer2: Small goals work the best for me.

I'll pop in again soon! Happy Day!! :):):):):):):):)

Congratulations, and 10 lb goals are mine also.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!