DISappearing Peeps...A fastpass to THIN! Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
On a more interesting note, I joined a local group called DFW Outdoors... they have lots of social and adventure events... comedy clubs, happy hours, tubing, kayaking, cycling, camping, scuba diving, hiking, snow skiing, etc... and next June they're spending a week in Peru white water rafting, mountain biking, horseback riding, and hiking around Machu Picchu. Going to my first event Saturday (a pool party... why did I pick my first event to include swimsuits? :lmao: )

Friends of ours did that for a vacation and had a ball. They "trained" before they left for a few months so they could endure all the activities. It was strongly suggested when it was booked.

Ehhh, it was ok. We ate lunch, walked around the square, had a limeade... lasted 5 hours... but I got no "sparks" (he did... guess I'm just not attracted to guys that are attracted to me:confused3 )... I am going out with him again Friday to a play... just in case I accidentally missed the spark.

On a more interesting note, I joined a local group called DFW Outdoors... they have lots of social and adventure events... comedy clubs, happy hours, tubing, kayaking, cycling, camping, scuba diving, hiking, snow skiing, etc... and next June they're spending a week in Peru white water rafting, mountain biking, horseback riding, and hiking around Machu Picchu. Going to my first event Saturday (a pool party... why did I pick my first event to include swimsuits? :lmao: )

Speaking of swimsuits, I also signed up for scuba lessons :woohoo: ... DD19 is taking them with me... I could have just done a refresher course, but I don't know where any of my paperwork is (haven't done and open water dive in 22ish years)... plus, taking it with DD. Dude! I forgot how $$$ all that gear can be!:scared1:

:hug: Thanks... y'all keep me going, too. And I love that you play hockey... something active, but not necessarily in a gym or that "everybody" does... that's part of why I joined the outdoor group and signed up for scuba, might as well have fun and meet new people while I exercise! :thumbsup2

Well, speaking of exercise... gotta go to the gym to work off some frustration by doing a little running on the treadmill (oh, yeah... Sunday, I found out I can run... hadn't in over 20 years... definitely feeling muscles I haven't been using in my other exercises :rolleyes: ).

Thanks!! I really enjoy hockey... it is soooo hard and I am not any good at it, but it is fun to try! My women's league has two more nights, tonight and next Wed, and then I need to decide what to do. There is a men's/co-ed clinic (classes) and then pickup (practice) on Thursday nights that I might join, and try to get DH to join in.

Sorry your date was only "eh"... I had tons of those back in my online dating thing. And yay for joining the activity group!! That sounds like so much fun.

Good for you Dene!!!!

I can't imagine purposely doing ACTIVITIES! I want to be like that! :cool1:
You are my hero!!!!

I just take little 10 minute breaks and jump on the tread mill. I cuss and swear the whole time...BUT I DO IT!!

UM, I am so proud of you for starting. Everyone has to start somewhere... I started this journey with 10-15 min on the elliptical twice a week... really, really slowly. :laughing:

Good for you Dene!!!!

I can't imagine purposely doing ACTIVITIES! I want to be like that! :cool1:
You are my hero!!!!

I just take little 10 minute breaks and jump on the tread mill. I cuss and swear the whole time...BUT I DO IT!!
me too

:woohoo: for you!!

Dene :cool1:

Hocey___ :cheer2:

everybody :dance3: :grouphug:

fru_tr_ting d_y! :sad2: :sad1:

:thumbsup2 Good for you! You cuss and swear now, but before long, you might actually find yourself wanting to do it more. As much trouble as I have getting myself to do it in the first place, once I get into the routine, I miss it if I don't do it.

that's how i feel! it's therapy for me. UM.....keep at it....you'll eventually look forward to it!

fru_tr_ting d_y! :sad2: :sad1:

:hug:

i pulled out one of my old "the firm" cardio tapes today and did it instead of hauling my booty to the gym in this heat. it was hilarious! a good workout, but what was with those fashions in the later '80's, early '90's? what exactly is the purpose of a belt with a leotard??? :laughing:

That's the important part! :thumbsup2

As much trouble as I have getting myself to do it in the first place, once I get into the routine, I miss it if I don't do it.

Yep, yep ::yes::

Friends of ours did that for a vacation and had a ball. They "trained" before they left for a few months so they could endure all the activities. It was strongly suggested when it was booked.

Activities I haven't done much (any) of PLUS at altitude... definitely gonna need to :yay:

UM, I am so proud of you for starting. Everyone has to start somewhere... I started this journey with 10-15 min on the elliptical twice a week... really, really slowly. :laughing:

Like a baby has to crawl before it can walk, we have to build up to physical things. :dance3:

I thought of you and your past and upcoming races today while I was running! I ran 1.6 miles at a 12 min/mi pace, then I alternated walking and running until I hit 30 minutes. Sunday (when I first tried running), I would run 1/4 to 1/2 mi, then walk 1/4 mi... I did that for and hour and a half (the Ironman Triathlon was on... I was inspired). I'm going to build up to a 5K, then onward and upward so I can do the Disney races in 2010 when the teacher I work with is going. She also does what are called "sprint" triathlons (300-800 yds swimming, 12-18 mi biking, and a 5K run)... hope I can do those in the next couple of years.

what exactly is the purpose of a belt with a leotard??? :laughing:

Hmmmm... to show me where my waist is supposed to be? :cutie:

Hey, everyone! I'm back for day 2! YAY! Thanks for all the warm welcomes I've received here! I feel so special! *sniff*

Anyway, the 5 Factor Diet is a book that my friend (size 0, thankyouverymuch!) is trying. I know, it's insanity, right? She says it's so she'll eat healthier, not to lose weight. I hate her. Just kidding....but not really. Anywho...it seems to be kind of like a Zone type thing..every meal has to contain the right % of fat/protein/fiber. Anyway, I was looking at it and it just looks too complex for my teeny tiny little brain, so I think I am going back to Weight Watchers. I will rejoin the meeting tomorrow night.

AND....It's Adventures in Bridesmaid's Dresses Part II (or technically III if we're going by the weddings I've been in total..so far) as one of my other best friends is getting married next May. At least that gives me PLENTY of time to be super hot for the wedding! If anyone knows how to add a link in here, I'll show y'all the dress, but unfortunately I am not that computer savvy. Savvy?pirate:
Well, Hope you all have a wonderful what's left of the day!

12 min mile???!! :faint:

But it's on the treadmill... no incline, no hills, and lots of air conditioning... :upsidedow If I were out on the road it would be a totally different story. :scared1:

My friend Kara said she usually does all her races at a 10 min mile... yep, I can do that... for a 1/4 mile at a time :rolleyes1 (again, no incline, no hills, and lots of air conditioning). Anyone know of any 5K treadmill races? Otherwise, I'm waiting until November or December.:cold:

Okay, I need to get to bed... I had insomnia from 2:30 am to 5:30 am, then I had to get up at 7:15 am.

just a flyby before i go to bed......

about dance tonight, i thought sabra and neil were the best couple. but they're all really good now in my opinion. ray thinks danny will win. he's an amazing technical dancer, but i don't know if that means he'll win. everyone seems to like lacey and i think she's awesome, but i think a lot of her fanfare comes from being benji's little sister. she acts a little corny for me sometimes. i think pasha and lauren will probably go this week. i love lauren, but honestly sabra's better than her and everyone loves lacey, so there you go. although it may be lauren and neil, but neil is amazing to me so i hope not.

anyway, those are my thoughts on it.....you may return to your lives now. :laughing: by the way, DH and i are thinking of going to see the dancers on tour when they come to atlanta in october. still not sure i wanna shell out the money though.....we'll see.

UGH!!!

I have to break my possible bad news to y'all...

I MAY not be able to go in September!!!!

Today is the 45 day out mark and we still owed $2800 PLUS need airfare for 6. NO money left on credit cards and have been granted 15 days to come up with the rest of the money. :sad1: I just can't see it happening! :sick:

It's NOT even WDW I'm sad about...it's missing out on meeting YOU in real life! Ya know?

We have a Plan B though. We do have AP's to Disneyland in Ca. and we have buddy passes booked to Orange Co. so the money we've paid thus far to WDW would be refunded and go towards a good-neighbor hotel and the cost of food and Universal Studios. ANd a car rental. We'd be going at the end of October with Spongie and her family- who've never been so it'd be so cool to see her kids' experience magic on a disney scale! Being with my real life friend in Disneyland would REALLY be awesome!

IF I don't end up going PLEASE take lots of pictures for me to see everyone!

Aries!!! I totally love my decoupaged notebook!!! It's my new journal! AND I haven't taken off my magic green bracelet! It really IS magic! Thanks again for my sweet package! I truly love you!!! :hug:

This whole thing normally would drive me STRAIGHT to over eat on junk..but I'm attempting to suck it up and be a grown up when I feel like I'm 10!

So, I thought I would join in. I saw UM post in her sig from the boutique thread.

Let me tell you about my weight loss journey and recent struggle.

On Feb.1, 2005 I joined Weight Watchers. I did the core plan. I had great success. It was life changing. One Dec. 1, 2005 I weighed in a hit the 100 pounds lost mark. Later that afternoon I found out I was preggers with baby number two. I had a very challenging pregnancy and gained 105 pounds.

In July of 2006 I gave birth to a very healthy baby. I rejoined WW and was very successful again. I had lost about 90 pounds by January. Eating right and exercising. I then hit a plateau, Well, this past spring I was ill (liver) and then this summer my baby began having seizures. I have not coped with this well and have turned to food.

I skipped WW two weeks in a row. I have never done that. I fell off the wagon so hard I do not know how I am going to get up. I gained about 15 pounds back just in this month. I still have lost 70-75 pounds. My problem is I am so unmotivated. I just do not care and I do not know how to change. I am disgusted with myself and I cannot seem to forgive myself and let the weight gain go. I still have 100 pounds to loose and it feels like a mountain!

I am going back to WW in the morning to face the music. I feel like I have let my leader down, my family down and mostly myself. I just cannot seem to move past this roadblock. I could use some encouragement just like everyone else.

Hi Aimee! Welcome! :welcome:

We all have our stories and struggles. Your NOT alone! You haven't let anyone down. This has been a long stressful journey! Shoot you've lost 100 and 90 pounds! You ROCK! You're going to do it! :cheer2:

If it's motivation and support you need...you just stumbled into the right place!

This bunch of ladies (and one great guy) are top notch! Post as much as you want or need to. Post instead of reaching for a snack when you're not hungry. Post when you just cant seem to drag yourself to workout. It really helps! Post often...we don't always comment, so don't feel left out or ignored. Just keep on postin!

From what I know about you, you are a warm and friendly and lovely lady and I can't wait to get to know you better!

You're gonna LOVE this group!

WWPD???= What Would Peeps Do? It helps to think of your weight loss buddies when your "weak".

Anyways, Welcome! :grouphug:

I had to get up extra early to beat one of my favorite posters to the computer...
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, PIGGET!!!

8.gif

I hope you have a wonderful day, Heather!!!

GOOD MORNING, EVERYONE!:sunny:

Dene....Glad you're OK! Sorry about the "eh" date. I hope there are sparks soon! Love the idea of the outdoors group! I've always been enchanted with Machu Picchu! Are you going???

WENDY!!!! NOOOOOO!!! Buy a lotto ticket! Let's all buy a lotto ticket! and enter a sweepstakes! The hotel/ticket amount is doable but the airfare on top of that seems pretty overwhelming I guess. I know you're bummed! Hey! How about you just come (by yourself) for the weekend and bunk with Dance? That's doable! YOU HAVE TO COME! :hug:

Aimee.... :welcome: Wendy's right...you've done this before and you can do it again! Get on in here and make yourself at home. We'll help you find that motivation! :hug:

Sandy...Have you lost some letters! :laughing:

:wave2: to everybody else!

HAVE A GREAT DAY TODAY! IT'S GONNA BE A SCORCHER!

Morning everyone!

It's been a few days since I've been here -- work travel, visiting family, life, etc. -- and I've fallen a bit off the wagon. As of this am, I haven't gained anything, but should have... :headache:

I'm commiting to a low cal day today and 2-3 miles on the tm with lotsa water.

:bday: PIGGET!!!

HAVE A GREAT DAY TODAY! IT'S GONNA BE A SCORCHER!

Uggh... it's been awful here. Yesterday you could almost reach out and grab a handful of air. It was thick and hot and muggy and YUCKY. I was going to take the dog for a short walk (just around our court an the next up to account for her little legs and fur in the heat) then go home and do a mile or so on the tm (and in the ac). Well we got to the end of the court (maybe a tenth of a mile) when Maggie (that's the dog) looked at me, looked up the hill, and turned around and started pulling to go back to the house. :laughing: Now you must understand that Mags LOVES to walk and is a little princess: on the leash -- no pulling, no balking, just walking. So for her to start pulling me back, she must have really thought it was HOT. So I was stuck doing all of my walking on the tm -- the outside is soooo much more interesting.

Unless a weight loss miracle occurs and I get so excited that I can't wait to post, I probably won't post ##s this week. I expect to be a samer anyway. I'm going to visit my aunt tomorrow -- I'm sure the menu will be Mexican (pure diet sabatage), so I'm going with the intent of eating protein and good fiber (and homemade SALSA) while leaving the sour cream, cheese, and guac for someone else. Problem will be convincing her that I don't want a margarita or beer. :rolleyes: Oh well, gotta love family...

I had to get up extra early to beat one of my favorite posters to the computer...
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, PIGGET!!!

8.gif

I hope you have a wonderful day, Heather!!!

Happy Birthday, Piggett!!!

Dene....Glad you're OK! Sorry about the "eh" date. I hope there are sparks soon! Love the idea of the outdoors group! I've always been enchanted with Machu Picchu! Are you going???

I looked at flights to Lima, Peru last night... $850 - $1600. I came this close to signing up last night... I think as soon as I meet everyone, I'll definitely sign up. :yay:

UGH!!!

I have to break my possible bad news to y'all...

I MAY not be able to go in September!!!!

OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! i hope things turn around. i know you want to come and i know there's lots of peeps that wanna meet the thread mama! can you make the trip shorter? downgrade on your hotel? how about selling one of your kids? :laughing: just a little joke.

So, I thought I would join in. I saw UM post in her sig from the boutique thread.

WELCOME!!!!! it sounds like you're just in a rut....i'm sure you'll pull yourself out. all it takes is a few pounds lost and that will be all the motivation you need to keep going! by the way, weigh-ins are on fridays....just post how much you've lost/gained or if you've stayed the same since the previous friday in big, colorful numbers either utahmama or lexmelinda can keep a tally of the numbers from everyone.

hope your little one is doing better, by the way! :)

IT'S GONNA BE A SCORCHER!

you ain't kidding!!!! you should see the weeds in my flower garden in the back yard. i haven't been out there in awhile and they're just gonna have to wait until this heat wave passes because i'm not subjecting myself to this heat! i saw on the news last night where local schools are nixing all outside activites and asking kids to bring water bottles to school. crazy!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, PIGGET!!!!!! hope you have a wonderful day!!! :flower3:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!