Disabilities and wall-mounted toiletries?

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
Last week I was in a HA unit for the first time. Although for the last several years, there've been wall-mounted shampoo, conditioner, and body wash every where I went, this villa had the "old-fashioned" small plastic squeeze tubes. For some reason, that got me wondering-do you think there's a HA reason I don't know (and if so, what is it?) or do you think it was just plain coincidence that they haven't gotten around to changing the containers in this room? All I could think of is that the plastic tubes were a lot easier to get the toiletries out of if someone has arthritis.

Possibly just that room, because we had the wall-mounted ones with bar soap and a tube of lotion at the bathroom sink in a VGF HA with roll-in shower a year ago.

We had wall mounted in a roll in shower room at Saratoga Springs and at OKW in the last 6 months, so I agree with Her Dotness it might be just that room or resort.
The individual plastic tubes might be easier for some people, but would definitely be harder for others.

Wall mounts do not work well for me at sll. I have a very limited range of motion- my shoulders have almostno forward/nack motion.

Wall mounts do not work well for me at sll. I have a very limited range of motion- my shoulders have almostno forward/nack motion.
Now I'm wondering what HA type this room was, if there's a certain type that has no wall mounts.

It occurred to me that possibly one at the larger resorts particularly is not equipped with wall mounts for the reason SteveMouse's post indicates.

It'd hardly be unforeseen that some people might be unable to use wallmounted toiletries. I must say I found the pump action stiffer and harder to use than that in other hotels with similar style bottles. Perhaps just that set of bottles, who knows?

I suspect anyone unable to use them at WDW could ask for the tubes. I'd think so as accommodating as Disney is.

Personally, I heartily recommend Basin's bar shampoo and conditioner. So much easier to use than trying to grip and open bottles in the shower. Very much easier for travel, too. (As often as I rave about these, Basin should pay me a commission. ::yes::)

We stayed in an accessible Music family suite and they had the wall mounted but we hate the H2O scent and quality of hair products and brought our own toiletries as we always do.

I think it depends on the resort. I am not sure all have gotten the wall mounted toiletries. We did not have wall ones at BWV last fall. We had the little bottles in both the shower and bathtub in our 1 bedroom villa. We have had them at AKV Kidani/Jambo villas. We did not have accessible villas though.

Wall mounts don’t work for me, and that’s all there were at VB, SSR and DCL recently. I bring the old ones from home.

I bring from home because I hate the H2O products and how they smell. That said, I like the wall mounts. Little bottles would not be possible for me to use at all. Not just difficult but impossible. I can't open them and I can't squeeze at all. I liked the old style with the Mickey ear cap because at least I could grip those.

In any case I doubt it was a purposeful choice. For every person who struggles with the wall mounts there's another who can't use little bottles, and Disney can't predict which sort of disability someone has.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter