DIS Shareholders and Stock Info ONLY

The whole thing is far more sophisticated than we will ever know. Most of these board members sit on other boards and run their own companies. The pandemic def didnt lend itself to caring about Disney let alone Bob Chapek. Especially since Disney is largely unscathed and the brand is killing it.

It is just my opinion (which means zero) that the board had an opportunity to just move on from a PR plagued CEO with little pushback. Recession, political issues, Low stock price, etc etc. You would like to think the board are playing 3D chess here but….. unlikely.
Obviously it is all much more sophisticated, and we all know these board members play the game elsewhere (which I've always felt a conflict) and that they don't work for Disney and have allegiances elsewhere. Disney shareholders certainly aren't getting a part of their "success", we just sit holding the bag at the moment.

I think I'll just have to disagree on the success of the company overall at this point, no sense in the point by point issues I take with it. But as a stockholder for decades I am not happy with the drastic drop since he took over while other companies were soaring. This is not a current economy issue for this company. At the rate it has been the last few years, this stock is not soaring anywhere anytime soon. In the event of a recession a company like Disney gets hit hard. They are a luxury item company and could be the first that buyers walk away from.

That's my reasoning on why I think the stock may only continue to tank. If we head into a recession (or are already in one), travel and streaming services aren't exactly necessities
YUP. As a luxury company, he/they have not clearly diversified enough to protect them against recession. They are even pushing away park AP/DVC owners - who are their base to help them through recessions.

D+ provide these great programs like Obi-Wan on streaming money? What happens if the company is not performing in the theaters, if the parks slow down, if merchandise sales slow down, hotels are empty? They can't survive on stream alone.

NOTE: We cut the cord and only have streaming. D+ is a keeper for us.

Last edited:
Obviously it is all much more sophisticated, and we all know these board members play the game elsewhere (which I've always felt a conflict) and that they don't work for Disney and have allegiances elsewhere. Disney shareholders certainly aren't getting a part of their "success", we just sit holding the bag at the moment.

I think I'll just have to disagree on the success of the company overall at this point, no sense in the point by point issues I take with it. But as a stockholder for decades I am not happy with the drastic drop since he took over while other companies were soaring. This is not a current economy issue for this company. At the rate it has been the last few years, this stock is not soaring anywhere anytime soon. In the event of a recession a company like Disney gets hit hard. They are a luxury item company and could be the first that buyers walk away from.
Were you feeling the same in March ‘21 when the stock was $200/share?

This market slump/correction/recession has affected the entire market. So there is a lot of sell side pressure across the board.
YUP. As a luxury company, he/they have not clearly diversified enough to protect them against recession. They are even pushing away park AP/DVC owners - who are their base to help them through recessions.

D provide these great programs like Obi-Wan on streaming money? What happens if the company is not performing in the theaters, if the parks slow down, if merchandise sales slow down, hotels are empty? They can't survive on stream alone.

NOTE: We cut the cord and only have streaming. D+ is a keeper for us.
DIS has come through the pandemic (where almost all of their revenue streams disappeared) pretty darn well. The stock did hit $200ish in March ‘21 (how was investor sentiment then?) and Disney has been doing better business since that day.

All you can do is look at the financials and KPI’s. Revenue, margins and profits are fine and growing post-pandemic. The stock price is hardly an indicator of business health but the dividend going away might be the biggest reason why investors stay away.

In terms of the parks, I dont really know how Disney can regulate the large crowds and offer unlimited AP’s. Heck Disney doesnt know. They raise prices and reduce value and the hotels and parks increase in demand? Park reservations dont help, price raising, etc etc. The more Disney tries to limit the supply they see increased demand. The Disney brand is strong.

How many years have people been saying they have reached a breaking point or that Disney is gonna regret this or that? 30years?

Disney+ is going to grow. They just launched is many new markets. Marvel/Disney will dominate the box office. The parks are def going to be packed. The stock is at near the same price as the middle of 2016. Feels like Bob will make out just fine if deal is based on growing the stock from todays price.
I know at least 5 families that subscribed/resubscribed to Disney+ the last week or 2. All gave
the same reasons. It is getting very expensive to go out/fly/drive anywhere because of
economy/inflation.

I was thinking of not renewing our expiring subscription but after an expensive weekend of going
to the movies with tickets/popcorn/drinks for family of 4 my husband said No Way to cancelling.

Were you feeling the same in March ‘21 when the stock was $200/share?

This market slump/correction/recession has affected the entire market. So there is a lot of sell side pressure across the board.

DIS has come through the pandemic (where almost all of their revenue streams disappeared) pretty darn well. The stock did hit $200ish in March ‘21 (how was investor sentiment then?) and Disney has been doing better business since that day.

All you can do is look at the financials and KPI’s. Revenue, margins and profits are fine and growing post-pandemic. The stock price is hardly an indicator of business health but the dividend going away might be the biggest reason why investors stay away.

In terms of the parks, I dont really know how Disney can regulate the large crowds and offer unlimited AP’s. Heck Disney doesnt know. They raise prices and reduce value and the hotels and parks increase in demand? Park reservations dont help, price raising, etc etc. The more Disney tries to limit the supply they see increased demand. The Disney brand is strong.

How many years have people been saying they have reached a breaking point or that Disney is gonna regret this or that? 30years?

That was a very different Disney.

Just look at Lightyear. Disney 10 years ago would have turned that into a box office smash. This Disney turned one of the crown jewels of Disney/Pixar into an epic bomb.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/shanghai-disneyland-theme-park-opens-055920627.html

Shanghai Disneyland theme park re-opens after three-month closure

Thu, June 30, 2022 at 12:59 AM·1 min read

SHANGHAI, June 30 (Reuters) - More than a thousand visitors streamed in on Thursday as Walt Disney Co's Shanghai Disney Resort theme park opened after a closure of three months, with face masks and social distancing the order of the day.

The park shut on March 21 as cases rose in the Chinese business hub, leading to a two-month-long citywide lockdown that eased on June 1. Just over a week later, the resort began opening some areas, with the theme park the last to re-open.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/06/30/500...-mouse-disney-to-launch-wish-cruise-ship.html

Captain Minnie Mouse, ‘Frozen’ and a $5,000 Star Wars cocktail: Disney pins big hopes on new Wish cruise ship
Published Thu, Jun 30 202212:43 PM EDT
Sarah Whitten@sarahwhit10

Key Points
  • Disney’s Wish makes its maiden voyage from Port Canaveral in Florida to Castaway Cay, Disney’s private island in the Bahamas, on July 14.
  • The new ship launches at a time of transition and recovery for the cruise industry, which was battered by the pandemic and health restrictions.
  • Marvel, Star Wars and “Frozen” are ports of call aboard the Wish, acting as destination dining and themed play zones for kids and adults, alike.

https://www.fool.com/investing/2022...hoo-host&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=article

3 Dates for Disney Stock Investors to Circle in July
By Rick Munarriz - Jul 1, 2022 at 10:15AM

Key Points

Marvel's new film, "Thor: Love and Thunder," should help pick up ticket sales after a weak first half of 2022 for Disney at the box office.
The maiden voyage of Disney Wish will have the leisure giant with five cruise ships on the open waters.
Disney World's most popular festival returns this summer.

So when does Disney become a no brainier buy? It is now right around it's pandemic low, when the world and most of their divisions were shut down. If it's long term money (5-10 years) I would think we would see an average to above average return.
Cramer CNBC one morning last wk? called it a " buy" then went off on his idea for a new Disney park in the southwest. "Land of Enchantment..."

Just what I need...one MORE park to drain WDW of needed resources & new development. o_O

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/abigail-disney-poised-mount-shareholder-171738552.html

Abigail Disney Poised to Mount Shareholder Battle Over Disney CEO Bob Chapek’s $32.5 Million Salary (Exclusive)
by Joe Bel Bruno | June 21, 2022 @ 10:17 AM

Heiress’ move comes two decades after her father, Roy E. Disney, led a proxy fight that ousted then-Disney CEO Michael Eisner

Abigail Disney, whose grandfather co-founded The Walt Disney Company nearly a century ago, is poised to mount a legal battle to challenge and perhaps even claw back some of CEO Bob Chapek’s annual pay, according to three individuals familiar with the matter.

The heiress has spent the last three months quietly courting institutional investors to support a shareholder-backed salvo against Chapek at next year’s annual meeting, multiple insiders told TheWrap. The entertainment giant has been under fire for doubling Chapek’s annual compensation to $32.5 million in 2021 amid a slew of corporate fumbles that include a public legal battle with “Black Widow” star Scarlett Johansson, a botched response to Florida’s “Don’t Say Gay” law and this month’s abrupt firing of TV content boss Peter Rice.
Hmmm...Does this explain the Board preemptively renewing Chapek's contract last week for 3 yrs?
It was due to expire in 9 months. ***THIS week.

Last edited:
Oh, I hear you. The disney blogger/social media echo chamber is real and the Chapek hate gets clicks.
Here's one more from a Chapek-hater. 😉
Problem is the same reason Chapek even has his job. The Board never prepared well for Iger to leave. I think they thought they could convince him to stay on forever. They let Staggs leave when it should have been him. Iger left so they had no choice to just pick someone. Chapek has no resume for his job and certainly not the personality needed. Here we are again - they let Chapek fire Rice who would likely be his successor (hmmm, wonder why?). If they let Chapek go they had to be ready to move someone in who was ready. Who would that be? My guess D'Amaro or Daniel ... maybe Board wants them the opportunity to marinate more before choosing the next one. Don't want to repeat the mistake. And face it, stock keeps falling, and there are lots of issues. Parks can't keep the whole company afloat. Is there an endgame in keeping him for now?
I thought there were 9 months left on Chapek's contract?

And speaking of crappy transitions, how much of our shareholder dollars helped fund this little purchases... LOL

https://nypost.com/2022/06/28/bon-jovi-sells-22m-nyc-condo-to-former-disney-prez-michael-ovitz/

And speaking of crappy transitions, how much of our shareholder dollars helped fund this little purchases... LOL

https://nypost.com/2022/06/28/bon-jovi-sells-22m-nyc-condo-to-former-disney-prez-michael-ovitz/
When Ovitz left Disney after being President for only 14-months. He was awarded a $140,000,000 severance package. I think he can afford a $22 million condo. :-)

When Ovitz left Disney after being President for only 14-months. He was awarded a $140,000,000 severance package. I think he can afford a $22 million condo. :-)
Did you really have to put a number on that bad memory??? o_O

And to really make myself ill, in today's dollars, it's probably about $300M.

That was a very different Disney.

Just look at Lightyear. Disney 10 years ago would have turned that into a box office smash. This Disney turned one of the crown jewels of Disney/Pixar into an epic bomb.
To be (a bit) fair, it is a different world, different global marketplace for movies, and a very different economy and stock market than we have seen in many years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter