DIS Fit 2020: New Hopes and Goals

I have to dig my treadmill out from under some Christmas decorations boxes but then I will be back at it. I have a trip planned with my DS22 so I will need to be on my game to keep up with him.

Right now I'm getting over preparing Christmas dinner and all that that entails. And I caught someones cold so there's that too but once I'm over that it will be full steam ahead.

Thanks for resurrecting this thread @momof2gr8kids or we can start a new one for the new decade. Start the new year off fresh. New hopes and goals.

Gee I had to do a search for this thread!! Need to bump it up after all the crap I ate and the butter tarts I'm still eating for breakfast every morning.....

Plus, I got a fit bit for Christmas. Kind of annoying as I try to relax and read the dis and plan other trips I probably will never take, or calculating the costs of dvc contracts I want to buy but still have to wait a bit for..... it keeps reminding me how many more steps I need to do this hour. It obviously doesn't recognize the fact that I worked my ars off getting reading for Christmas and hosting everyone multiple times and I need a break!!! LOL.

I've been nagging DH to get my treadmill set back up in the rec room so I can use it. (Poker table trumped my treadmill....I was going to the gym so didn't mind.) But I find this time of year hard to walk outside, plus with dh's shift work and cars going in all different directions, harder to get to the gym. I figure if I could at least use the treadmill at home here and there, and get to the gym 3 times a week for weights, etc, then I'm good.

How is everyone else doing with their fitness goals through the holiday season? If you didn't eat 3 butter tarts for breakfast this am, or 5 for yesterday's breakfast, then you're doing better than me!

(This was yesterday's post I just copied....I haven't eaten any butter tarts yet today! And I did get to the gym yesterday and made my 10,000 steps!)

I am back too! The last thread really helped me with losing 13lbs. I have kept off 10lbs, but I am sure the holidays did some damage lol. I am going to start to ease my mind back into portion control this week. That’s a hard one for me as we don’t typically eat bad food, just too much of good food lol

Here comes January 2020 and I am not sure I am ready yet to start a new decade.
I hope to eat a chocolate bar,a bag of chips and have a nice big cup of coffee (with cream)!!!
I am actually not overly hungry,,but just jealous of all the Christmas treats everyone is eating in front of me.
I see the Surgeon the first week of Jan and it is goodbye gallbladder hello food.!

Decluttering my bedroom is a big goal because it seems every time I do this I am looking for something I threw out. A lot of things I store are for the special needs kids I work with and the school has got to start making storage space available to us.
Maybe making some *Must Do* list will help me organize.

I dropped my afternoon dance work-out and need to get back into that routine soon.
Baby steps,,,but I will get there again.

Good to be back!
Hugs
Mel
PS
Off to watch people eat a delicious breakfast while I try some toast,,,lol

Some time around end of February / March I will be having an umbilical hernia removed, which means I won't be active at all for 6 weeks! I currently play soccer 2-3 times per week, so this is will be tough for me. This is why I need to start on the "diet train" now so I keep my mindset intact. Cleaning and organizing will be a good way to keep me from reaching for those last few Lindor chocolates!

My Fitbit Alta died early last week. I'm looking for recommendations for a replacement. Basically, I use it for steps, logging exercise, alarms etc. I wouldn't mind a HR feature, but that isn't necessary. Thought about a smart watch, but haven't a clue about those. Advice? Experiences with what you are using?

Here we are! My parents got me a new fitbit inspire HR for Christmas. It's quite nice though I haven't been wearing it since I'm basically at home these days :)

I did a lot today, the clutter lady came for day 1 and we got rid of a lot of stuff, plus there are a lot of garbage bags to go out on Tuesday, I hope they take them all! My back hurts now. She is coming back tomorrow to do the kitchen and some of the basement. Then the rest will be on me I guess.

Of course we have a big storm coming Monday, which looks terrible. I hope I don't have to shovel too much. I think I've stocked enough groceries to last the few days, but I guess we'll see :)

I was thinking about you and your de-cluttering this morning while in my closet. I need to get rid of a bunch of things I don't wear anymore. First week of January, that will be my goal - to overhaul my side of the closet. (now if I could only get DH to do his side :headache: )

Here we are! My parents got me a new fitbit inspire HR for Christmas. It's quite nice though I haven't been wearing it since I'm basically at home these days :)

I did a lot today, the clutter lady came for day 1 and we got rid of a lot of stuff, plus there are a lot of garbage bags to go out on Tuesday, I hope they take them all! My back hurts now. She is coming back tomorrow to do the kitchen and some of the basement. Then the rest will be on me I guess.

Of course we have a big storm coming Monday, which looks terrible. I hope I don't have to shovel too much. I think I've stocked enough groceries to last the few days, but I guess we'll see :)
Oh, you should be wearing it at home, especially while decluttering. I was amazed at how many steps I was doing when I was on my KM role. I have to return to that!
I was thinking about you and your de-cluttering this morning while in my closet. I need to get rid of a bunch of things I don't wear anymore. First week of January, that will be my goal - to overhaul my side of the closet. (now if I could only get DH to do his side :headache: )
I think that I am going to make a plan to work through the house (again) one room at a time, doing maintenance at the same time. Everything has its place, but then Christmas came and the grandkids' stuff is overrunning things. UGH! I need to get to Costco and pick up more of the velvet hangers.

Decluttering continues today with the kitchen. I cant wait! Kiddo has asked if he can help. He is very keen now where yesterday he was really mad someone was in the house all day. He was ok with all the toys I did get rid of though, I kept the important dinosaurs and his nerf stuff. I am hoping she has some ideas on how to corral the plastics, they seem to take over every space. I am glad she takes all the donate stuff away so it is just the dozen or so garbage bags to go out Monday night.

I am tiptoeing back in here and starting anew. I‘m not making any predictions or setting any huge goals . I always find that so hard to achieve and at some point I burn out .. always . So I am here to say I wish to improve my overall health and activity level and to feel more energetic. I’m going to be mindful of what I am eating , drink more water , and get some sort of exercise every day to start . I will adjust my goals as I go. Baby steps .

Ok, we've got a gang going. DIS Fit can mean physical fitness, eating fitness, organizational fitness. I did a small number on part of the closet today. Anything I haven't worn yet this winter is in the "out" box. I had two sweaters that had been there for years with the tags still on them. Goodbye!

No more purchasing things I won't really wear even if they are a great deal.

Just popping in so I'll get notifications! Not much to contribute myself at the moment. In full-on "OMG I'll never be ready in time" mode right now,soon I'll be getting ready to crawl into bed in DISNEY!

**ETA, yes it is only 8:30-ish but our flight leaves Pearson at 7:30 and who am i kidding, I won't sleep on Saturday night because

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!