DIS Divas Trip! (old thread, see first post for link to new one)

The exchange is going to be a real challenge for me. I have nothing that I don't use. I constantly give stuff to the Goodwill. I don't hang on to stuff. Can't stand clutter.:)
Anyone the same as me?

I am overflowing with brand new stuff I've never used and won't use. My mother-in-law keeps giving us all this stuff. Every single time she comes over to pick up the boys, she brings something. A lot of it is pretty darn cute or useful though, but we just don't need most of it. I pack it away in a closet to use for gifts or I save it for Volunteers of America.

Here are just a couple things I grabbed from the stash. Like I literally reached in and took the first few things off the huge stack of stuff.

By the way, the Sharper Image box is a MP4 player.

Crazy, right? I should probably have a garage sale. :goodvibes

I am overflowing with brand new stuff I've never used and won't use. My mother-in-law keeps giving us all this stuff. Every single time she comes over to pick up the boys, she brings something. A lot of it is pretty darn cute or useful though, but we just don't need most of it. I pack it away in a closet to use for gifts or I save it for Volunteers of America.

Here are just a couple things I grabbed from the stash. Like I literally reached in and took the first few things off the huge stack of stuff.

Or bring them to the Meet & Greet and auction them off!!

My Mom's house is overflowing with stuff. She always buys stuff that she never uses. Guess I'll raid her closets next time I'm there.:rotfl:

Good morning, ladies!!

Yesterday was the kid's last day of school. :yay: Next Wednesday is Adam's graduation ceremony. He got his cap and gown yesterday. I can't believe it. They kicked off summer with a trip to U-Swirl for some frozen yogurt, then Noelle spent the day swimming at a friend's house while Adam spent the day hanging out BBQing, swimming and goofing off with about 11 other friends. So, all in all, a fun last day of school.

Hope everyone is doing well!

The exchange is going to be a real challenge for me. I have nothing that I don't use. I constantly give stuff to the Goodwill. I don't hang on to stuff. Can't stand clutter.:)
Anyone the same as me?
I'm in the same boat. I already have a lot of clutter just because we have six people living here, four of whom are kids! So, to keep it to a minimum, I get rid of unwanted stuff right away. But, we'll see what I can come up with between now and then. It's a long ways off still.

Dang, girl! I want that Chop Wizard. :rotfl:

I have that onion chopper. It rocks. LOL

Good morning, ladies!!

Yesterday was the kid's last day of school. :yay: Next Wednesday is Adam's graduation ceremony. He got his cap and gown yesterday. I can't believe it. They kicked off summer with a trip to U-Swirl for some frozen yogurt, then Noelle spent the day swimming at a friend's house while Adam spent the day hanging out BBQing, swimming and goofing off with about 11 other friends. So, all in all, a fun last day of school.

Hope everyone is doing well!

I'm in the same boat. I already have a lot of clutter just because we have six people living here, four of whom are kids! So, to keep it to a minimum, I get rid of unwanted stuff right away. But, we'll see what I can come up with between now and then. It's a long ways off still.

Dang, girl! I want that Chop Wizard. :rotfl:

How exciting !! Time sure flies by..wow !

Oh and you will have to fight me for that Chop wizard...haha! :scratchin

Have fun on your trip wheee! :cool1:

LOL I think I have that chopper too! Got it free from a garage sale last month:)

Now I am seeing Red Lion for $75 per night. Still seems to far, but it may be ok. Beth, I like the heat when I am on vacation:) OK, I know I almost had heat stroke on the ladies trip, but dontcha remember??? I just jump in the pool!

It is hot. Nasty hot. Stupid hot. LOL My AC came on around 10:30AM. I am planning to spend the day in the craft cave, under the ceiling fan. Bleh. Oh, and the temp yesterday at the coast? 69. Yeah. 34 degrees cooler. Aaaaaahhhhhhh! Of course, the day I leave for the coast, it's only going to be 82 here. Figures. You're welcome, Central Valley Divas. LOL

It is hot. Nasty hot. Stupid hot. LOL My AC came on around 10:30AM. I am planning to spend the day in the craft cave, under the ceiling fan. Bleh. Oh, and the temp yesterday at the coast? 69. Yeah. 34 degrees cooler. Aaaaaahhhhhhh! Of course, the day I leave for the coast, it's only going to be 82 here. Figures. You're welcome, Central Valley Divas. LOL

It was MISERABLE in Dublin/Pleasanton yesterday. My DH was nice enough to bring lunch to my office and I stepped outside from my nice air conditioned freezer of a building into heat so thick I could cut it with a knife..:crazy2:

Needless to say I hurried back in asap..and we decided to go see a movie after I got off work so we could escape the heat as our apartment does not have AC due to it's age. When we left the movie at 10pm - The Internship is hilarious btw go see it ! - it was STILL 80 degrees outside..ugh! :faint:

Luckily back in Hayward we are close enough to the bay that we got a nice cooling breeze and our apartment wasn't very warm at all.

EDIT : I conviced DH we are going to Disneyland..TONIGHT!! 3 hours of work to go..Are we there yet ??

Thank you!!!! If that's what it takes to break this heat .... please leave! :rotfl2: Took the dog for a walk last night at 11pm and it was still warm out .... please come back cooling Delta breeze!!!

Anyone the same as me?

My Mom's house is overflowing with stuff. She always buys stuff that she never uses. Guess I'll raid her closets next time I'm there.:rotfl:

Well, there you have your answer. I have a mom who has tons of stuff, tons of furniture, tons of knick knacks, stuff. I go the opposite way. I like to get rid of stuff. Other than books on my bookshelf. I donate a lot of new stuff I get as gifts to AMvets because they will come to my house and take my stuff away.
I have that onion chopper. It rocks. LOL

Wow, looks like the Chop Wizard would be good item to include in my exchange gift :smokin:.

I had the chop wizard. After being in my drawer for a couple years without using, off it went. I am not a gadget fan, or ....well...stuff.

Long day at my house, had my DD's 13th birthday today. It was Survivor themed, and involved. Kids has a lot of fun, and I have a lot of mess to clean up. Mountain Dew went everywhere. Yep sugar and caffeine 'em up and send them home!!

My DD's last day of school is Tuesday. I might make her have fun like I did during spring break. She was not a fan of a "fun local activity" everyday I did not work. It was a riot.

Happy Saturday all.

Hello, ladies! Hope you are all having a good weekend so far.
It's been a lazy day here. Starting to get things ready for our trip. We are going to try to save money on food by bringing snacks/food items with us. Most hotels we are staying at serve a free breakfast, then we'll picnic for lunch, and only eat out once a day or so depending on where we are.

Anyway, I was getting all our items together and it's going to take up more room than I thought! I have no idea how the heck we are going to pack for this road trip. I love our new Toyota Highlander, but the storage space sucks! It's non-existent!! :eek: We invested in a new car top carrier figuring as long as we are driving this vehicle we will always need the extra room, but even with that I'm not sure how to make it all fit. Traveling with 6 people requires a lot of room!

Oh, well. I have a week to figure it out, I guess.

Have a good night!

I'll dance with you! :dance3: :dance3: :dance3:
Thanks!! Down to 7 days now! :banana:

Wow, looks like the Chop Wizard would be good item to include in my exchange gift :smokin:.
Who knew. lol

Beth, I like the heat when I am on vacation:) OK, I know I almost had heat stroke on the ladies trip, but dontcha remember??? I just jump in the pool!
I know, a lot of people want it warm or even nice and hot when they are on vacation. Shorts, tank tops, flip flops, lazy days around the pool. Not me. I want just the opposite. I live in hot temps for 6 months out of the year. I want to go someplace where I can cool off. Plus, my body does not react well to heat. Swollen ankles, feet and fingers that look like sausages are not fun. :rolleyes1

It is hot. Nasty hot. Stupid hot. LOL My AC came on around 10:30AM. I am planning to spend the day in the craft cave, under the ceiling fan. Bleh.
I haven't left the house today. It was 113 degrees here. :sad2:

EDIT : I conviced DH we are going to Disneyland..TONIGHT!! 3 hours of work to go..Are we there yet ??
Have too much fun!! Hope the crowd levels aren't too bad. :wizard:

Long day at my house, had my DD's 13th birthday today. It was Survivor themed, and involved. Kids has a lot of fun, and I have a lot of mess to clean up. Mountain Dew went everywhere. Yep sugar and caffeine 'em up and send them home!!
I think we were typing at the same time!

Glad to hear the party went well. Mountain Dew and sugar. Win-win! :hyper:

Good Golly Missy I can not believe you are leaving on your adventure in just days. The weather in Southwest Washington should be a balmy 72-75 degrees. The beaches are usually 10 degrees cooler, although when I was in Lincoln city playing regional pool a few weeks ago the weather was 84 degrees. Record heat on that area of beach in Oregon. I do think Lincoln city is very near where Laurie lives. I live on the 5 around exit 39 or 42. Wave if you go past the Lexington exit -- I think it is maybe exit 43 -- Ok I have no idea I am just tossing around numbers :). Wave to the left --look up the hill We are one of those homes-- and I promise to wave back :).

I could offer to meet up as you travel to Seattle-- from my area you still have 120 miles to go. Anyhow I am sure it would not much fun for the other 5 travelers to spend time talking to a stranger about our mutual love of Disney. Gotta love a furry critter that wears red shorts-- sigh. Getting to Seattle would be much more fun ---:). Oh and there is a section of I-5 that is patrolled via cameras not "real" cops. Any how it is in the near Chehalis area or just before that not sure of the exit number. I think the speed slows to 60 for a few miles so please no tickets :). Any how have a safe trip, wave and no tickets :). See you in Feb. ( God willing).

Patty

Hello, ladies! Hope you are all having a good weekend so far.
It's been a lazy day here. Starting to get things ready for our trip. We are going to try to save money on food by bringing snacks/food items with us. Most hotels we are staying at serve a free breakfast, then we'll picnic for lunch, and only eat out once a day or so depending on where we are.

Anyway, I was getting all our items together and it's going to take up more room than I thought! I have no idea how the heck we are going to pack for this road trip. I love our new Toyota Highlander, but the storage space sucks! It's non-existent!! :eek: We invested in a new car top carrier figuring as long as we are driving this vehicle we will always need the extra room, but even with that I'm not sure how to make it all fit. Traveling with 6 people requires a lot of room!

Oh, well. I have a week to figure it out, I guess.

Have a good night!

Thanks!! Down to 7 days now! :banana:

Who knew. lol

I know, a lot of people want it warm or even nice and hot when they are on vacation. Shorts, tank tops, flip flops, lazy days around the pool. Not me. I want just the opposite. I live in hot temps for 6 months out of the year. I want to go someplace where I can cool off. Plus, my body does not react well to heat. Swollen ankles, feet and fingers that look like sausages are not fun. :rolleyes1

I haven't left the house today. It was 113 degrees here. :sad2:

Have too much fun!! Hope the crowd levels aren't too bad. :wizard:

Hey Beth just checking in to say have a great time on your trip! Drive safe and have fun! Enjoy the cool weather...it is going to be a brutal summer when it is this hot in June :(

I decided to go ahead and go to DL last week and had a great time...crowds were fine and the single rider lines rock! I rode radiator springs 5 times with no more than a 25 minute wait!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter