DIS Divas Trip! (old thread, see first post for link to new one)

Hello. I skimmed back and found I did not have the energy to quote anyone.

So sorry, I suck.

Boy the theme was guessed quickly. I saw the first clue, magic, and figured I would pop in soon to find the rest and try to guess. My bad. A day late, a dollar short.

Fun theme. I have only seen a couple of episodes of season 1. Got the first few shows on Netflix and just did not grab my family's attention. We do not have tv service at the house, so rely on Netflix and hulu for our tv watching.

I cannot believe we are almost to June.:yay:

Remember when summers used to be magical fun. Tag and mosquitos, swimming all day at the pool? Now it is drive all over San Diego to deliver the kid to a camp she will not much enjoy for large amounts of money, and try to get to work on time, then making sure someone can pick her up.

Not as carefree as my childhood, that is for sure.:(

Hope everyone has a swell weekend.

Orange would make it better.:duck:

Hello. I skimmed back and found I did not have the energy to quote anyone.

So sorry, I suck.

Boy the theme was guessed quickly. I saw the first clue, magic, and figured I would pop in soon to find the rest and try to guess. My bad. A day late, a dollar short.

Fun theme. I have only seen a couple of episodes of season 1. Got the first few shows on Netflix and just did not grab my family's attention. We do not have tv service at the house, so rely on Netflix and hulu for our tv watching.

I cannot believe we are almost to June.:yay:

Remember when summers used to be magical fun. Tag and mosquitos, swimming all day at the pool? Now it is drive all over San Diego to deliver the kid to a camp she will not much enjoy for large amounts of money, and try to get to work on time, then making sure someone can pick her up.

Hope everyone has a swell weekend.

Orange would make it better.:duck:

Speaking of orange .... not only do I now have orange Toms but Jessica bought me the cutest orange hoodie!!! I may not drink much on the pub crawl but I'll be dressed for it! :rotfl2:

TGIF, ladies! Hope everyone is enjoying their Friday night. Me? I am sick. Throat that feels like it's on fire. Ouch! :(

Hopefully I am a little bit better by tomorrow night. Ruben and I have a date planned. We are heading down to the Strip to see a Cirque show at the Aria hotel called Zarkana. I'm excited! Even better? The tix were FREE! He got them playing an online Facebook game called MyVegas Slots. You rack up enough points and you get free items. Who says Facebook games are a waste of time? :rotfl2:

Well, have a good weekend everyone! TTFN!

I miss summers as a kid or even as a teen. Definitely more carefree back then. (sigh)

Speaking of orange .... not only do I now have orange Toms but Jessica bought me the cutest orange hoodie!!! I may not drink much on the pub crawl but I'll be dressed for it! :rotfl2:

You'll be stylin', Linda! Love it. :thumbsup2

Good morning, ladies!

June 1st! Can you believe it? This year is flying by. I like seeing my ticker. 14 days until my family vacation. Hope I don't regret planning a 13 day road trip with two teens and two pre-teens!! :scared1: :faint: :rotfl2:
Well, it will be an adventure, and that is one thing my family is good at, finding new adventures. ;)

Have a happy Saturday everyone!

Good morning, ladies!

June 1st! Can you believe it? This year is flying by. I like seeing my ticker. 14 days until my family vacation. Hope I don't regret planning a 13 day road trip with two teens and two pre-teens!! :scared1: :faint: :rotfl2:
Well, it will be an adventure, and that is one thing my family is good at, finding new adventures. ;)

Better set some car rules. Don't want the kids getting a bit unruly.:rotfl: You are going to have a great time!

I have orange shirts and sunglasses, I think you win.

Good morning, ladies!

A 13 day road trip would cause jail time since I would likely murder my husband. kidding of course. As a kid we would do these massive drive forever trips across country. Ohio to Idaho was one. Not my thing. I only really remember all the time in the not air conditioned car and my mother totally freaked out by my dad's driving since she is a worried passenger to the extreme. Those are the things I remember. Not really much memory of the destinations we would reach after 10 hours driving.

But, I am sure you will have fun...I do not think you have any 10 hour days planned, and I know you will not be driving across South Dakota...the most boring drive of my life.

Today is my DD's 13th birthday. Have no idea how she got so grown up so fast. Her party is Saturday. I think it is so cute she still wants to have parties. It is a Survivor theme, so doing a lot of the prep work for challenges.

Still need to get some gross foods for the food challenge, but most of the supplies are purchased. I am thinking we will have a total of 14 kids. That will be wild for my quiet household. My husband will likely leave and not help since he hates stuff like that...don't get it, but his loss.

Other than that, living the life.

The Meet and Greet committee would like to cordially invite you to...

And make sure to don your gay apparel...even if you're grumpy!

Delicious food, games, prizes, and fun galore, all done with room to breathe in a bit of added elegance! Please see our Facebook trip talk group page for additional details. And if you were wondering, it's going to be a FABULOUS party!

The Meet and Greet committee would like to cordially invite you to...

And make sure to don your gay apparel...even if you're grumpy!

Delicious food, games, prizes, and fun galore, all done with room to breathe in a bit of added elegance! Please see our Facebook trip talk group page for additional details. And if you were wondering, it's going to be FABULOUS party!

LOVE IT!!!

:cool1::cool1::cool1::dance3::dance3:

Better set some car rules. Don't want the kids getting a bit unruly.:rotfl: You are going to have a great time!
Definitely car rules!! lol

A 13 day road trip would cause jail time since I would likely murder my husband. kidding of course. As a kid we would do these massive drive forever trips across country. Ohio to Idaho was one. Not my thing. I only really remember all the time in the not air conditioned car and my mother totally freaked out by my dad's driving since she is a worried passenger to the extreme. Those are the things I remember. Not really much memory of the destinations we would reach after 10 hours driving.

But, I am sure you will have fun...I do not think you have any 10 hour days planned, and I know you will not be driving across South Dakota...the most boring drive of my life.
We drove across South Dakota when we moved here from MI in 2007. Yes, very boring. We stopped at Mt. Rushmore, the Badlands, Wall Drug and Corn Palace. Oh, and Sioux Falls. All the touristy stuff. That was fun, the rest was boring!
Travel these days is so different. My kids will likely have their noses buried in their Kindle, DVD player, and gaming devices.

Happy Birthday to Claire! Make your DH stay and help out!! I would. :p

Love the Meet and Greet theme! Of course I should since I helped choose it. :rotfl2: It's going to be a lot of fun. :cool1:

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! I LOOOOOOOOOOVE the Meet & Greet theme!!!! :love:
I did my daughter's 15th birthday party as Mad Hatter & I LOVE Christmas stuff!! This is going to be fun fun fun!!! :yay:

Plus it's after Christmas so we can just keep our stuff out that we want use instead of digging for it! :) Or buy new stuff after Christmas! WAHOO!!!! :) :banana:

Good morning, ladies!

We ALWAYS have "adventures" on our road trips! Usually some fights, something isn't what it's supposed to be. We end up in a hotel I'm sure used to be a brothel with vomit lampshades & concrete slabs for beds & "oh, see our new crown molding on the ceiling" ....but you know....we laugh about it now! I LOVE our memories from our road trips. I think they are my favorite memories of my daughter, niece, & nephew! :love:

You guys are going to have a wonderful trip!!! The coast is gorgeous! I'm so jealous! I can't wait to be there in August!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! I LOOOOOOOOOOVE the Meet & Greet theme!!!! :love:
I did my daughter's 15th birthday party as Mad Hatter & I LOVE Christmas stuff!! This is going to be fun fun fun!!! :yay:

Plus it's after Christmas so we can just keep our stuff out that we want use instead of digging for it! :) Or buy new stuff after Christmas! WAHOO!!!! :) :banana:

It's not really themed after Alice in Wonderland. We just borrowed our M&G theme title from it....."A Very Merry Unbirthday" turned into "A Very Merry UnChristmas" for our purposes. :rotfl:

Think more tacky, ugly Christmas sweaters, blinking light up Christmas necklaces, earrings...that kind of thing. :thumbsup2

We ALWAYS have "adventures" on our road trips! Usually some fights, something isn't what it's supposed to be. We end up in a hotel I'm sure used to be a brothel with vomit lampshades & concrete slabs for beds & "oh, see our new crown molding on the ceiling" ....but you know....we laugh about it now! I LOVE our memories from our road trips. I think they are my favorite memories of my daughter, niece, & nephew! :love:

You guys are going to have a wonderful trip!!! The coast is gorgeous! I'm so jealous! I can't wait to be there in August!
We do, too!! I think we are a lot alike. Even the crazy moments where things aren't going any where near as planned, later turn into something we can all look back on and laugh about and cherish. I wouldn't trade our family trip memories for anything.
:goodvibes

Think more tacky, ugly Christmas sweaters, blinking light up Christmas necklaces, earrings...that kind of thing. :thumbsup2

A totally awesome Christmas indeed. Love it. I cannot wait.....and I don't even like Christmas. LOL!!
I have an awesome image in my mind of us all walking through the lobby of the PPH dressed in our holiday finest and all the stares we will get. :lmao:

A 13 day road trip would cause jail time since I would likely murder my husband. kidding of course.

Today is my DD's 13th birthday. Have no idea how she got so grown up so fast. Her party is Saturday. I think it is so cute she still wants to have parties. It is a Survivor theme, so doing a lot of the prep work for challenges.

OMG - 2 hours in the car with the spouse is enough to make me mental. Thank God we will be in separate cars next week (since I'm going all week and he's only coming up for the weekend), cuz that's a 3 hour drive and an hour of it is on Coast Highway 1 which is, um, twisty. And FUN TO DRIVE. Unless you have someone in the car turning green with a death grip on the suicide handle. Ugh. Which reminds me, I need to pop into Midas for a brake check tomorrow or Wednesday.... LOL

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUR CLAIRE BEAR!

I have an awesome image in my mind of us all walking through the lobby of the PPH dressed in our holiday finest (tackiest) and all the stares we will get. :lmao:

:rotfl:

I have to be truthful, at first glance I was like YES! :hyper: Mad Hatter/Alice and and..

Christmas too?

Ooooo that's kinda cool ..

and then I read more and thought oooooooooo now I get it.
Pssst we really do NEED a Mad Hatter/Alice theme some year.
Soooo what is the gift exchange? Ornament? Tacky white elephant gift? Dollar store grab bag? Lots of possibilities :scratchin And wooohooo for being at PPH, that's freakin awesome!!!!

Well, of course it's an "UN Christmas - it WILL, after all, be FEBRUARY. LOL I do love the Grumpy Cat twist. Bah. Humbug. If anyone is looking for me, I'll be in the corner, spiking my eggnog... LOL It's Christmas in February at DISNEYLAND!!!! WOO HOO!

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter