DIS Divas, Take Two & Tyler....WooHoo!! COMPLETED!...OVER 1400 PICS!!

:rotfl: They're a pain & the ones on school lockers are just bad........

When you think about how old some of them are I bet that has a lot to do about it. Kody won't use a locker because she can't get the lock. When she needed a lock for a band locker I used to buy a different type of combination lock. Instead of the round dial in the center it had like four or five disks with letters or numbers. They were easier for her to open.

When you think about how old some of them are I bet that has a lot to do about it. Kody won't use a locker because she can't get the lock. When she needed a lock for a band locker I used to buy a different type of combination lock. Instead of the round dial in the center it had like four or five disks with letters or numbers. They were easier for her to open.

Not only old, but they change combos on them frequently, so after time....that takes its toll....they get pretty loosy goosy!!

Not only old, but they change combos on them frequently, so after time....that takes its toll....they get pretty loosy goosy!!

Exactly. Oh you know I would not give anything to go back to middle school. I think for me that was scarier than high school.

I didn't mind the move into the middle school when I was moving with all my friends......but when we moved to a new town & had to start at a new school during that time......woof....that was scary!!!! Especially since we moved from a town with no minorities & moved to Salem into the roughest jr high......lets just say "culture shock". I didn't realize how sheltered my life was up to that point. I did make it thru that year & I think it made me who I am today.

I didn't mind the move into the middle school when I was moving with all my friends......but when we moved to a new town & had to start at a new school during that time......woof....that was scary!!!! Especially since we moved from a town with no minorities & moved to Salem into the roughest jr high......lets just say "culture shock". I didn't realize how sheltered my life was up to that point. I did make it thru that year & I think it made me who I am today.

I was bussed across town to middle school for 7th grade and our class was split up. I knew no one on the bus. It was pretty tough.

Sooooo.... hotel reservations have been cancelled for October and now it's full steam ahead for the Diva trip in 6 months, eh?:banana: Was it painful to cancel HoJo's (even though you had already decided on PPH)? I know that when I've had to cancel hotel reservations for DLR trips in the past, it almost physically hurt! It's a sad thing. It shouldn't be such a big deal but it was a big deal.

So are you changing your PPH booking to February? (I may have missed that at some point in this Pre-TR.)

Sherry, I have cried over having to cancel reservations. Yes, I have gotten over it but I still cried like a child. I think that is how we are hard wired.

Morning all!!

Let's see I wish I could figure out how to quote so I could remember what all I wanted to say LOL. I have had people try to show me but I am just stoopid that way LOL.

But anyway yes on the dumb locks. It says on the directions that you have to go around 3 times at first then back around to the first number then around the other way past the 2nd number and then land on it and then back the other way to the third. That sounds confusing just typing it I am sure. I figured it out but I know Katy had a really hard time with it. The school wants them to buy THEIR locks cuz they have special keys to open them in case the kids forget the combo OR if the school needs to get into them without having to cut them off. They get 2 locks both with the same combo for their book locker and their gym locker. There are NO lockers in high schools anymore here because of all the kids bringing guns, drugs etc to school. If I remember correctly when Lynn was in high school they issued them the books and they pretty much left them at home and when they got the assignments they just did the stuff at home. I think they had a classroom copy that they used when they were at school or something. The whole thing is just crazy to me! I know locker time was a big social time for us and it was nice to have a place to leave your coat, lunch whatever but I guess that is a thing of the past :(

As far as Shane's UE yeah it is a major screw up and you are right most of the employees checks reflect something different and I think the bookkeeper is not calculating it right. She is adding two weeks together because of the way they get paid. So it will def be interesting to see what the EDD determines cuz they don't always hire the smartest tools in the shed and getting them to figure it out could be interesting but his stubs match what he put down so that should be proof positive. So we shall see.

As far as "our" issues the money is just one piece of it. We have had stuff going on WAY back that like I said I don't want to get into on here cuz who knows who could be reading this but it is just a lot of stuff that has been building and it is WAY beyond repair. You are right it would be ideal if we could just find a way to "get along" for the kids sake AND for ours since at this point no one really has any choices but it has gotten SO bad that it is nearly impossible. So it will be interesting to see what happens tomorrow at my apt. I will def let you know.

Oh and as far as cancelling ressies I SO know what you mean.

As we have said in the past I think most of us on here esp when we have so much crapola in our reg lives that goes on we REALLY live for these trips to take our mind off the bs and then when we have to cancel it is just ANOTHER blow. It is devestating and I know for me esp then when that time comes up I can't help thinking gee I would have been AT DL right now and then I get even sadder. But as long as you DO have another trip planned that at least it a good thing. What is worse to me is when you have to cancel with NO plans in the works. THAT is the worst. Cuz then you have NOTHING to look forward to.

I am glad you at least have the ladies trip and hopefully your family trip as well.

We have our Nov trip and although I am NOT thrilled about all of us going we are going to have to make due and I am going to try and make it good since we probably won't go back after that for more than a year. Mom wants to take a trip in the summer that is NON Disney so I will hopefully have that to look forward to but you know us disney fanatics. As much as I enjoy travel in general I miss Disney and get withdrawals! :)

Anyway hope everyone has a great day and talk soon!

It wasn't but the next year a new school was opened in my neighborhood but by then I had made new friends and it was like it was starting all over again.:rotfl:

I did the first year at the tough school & then we moved to the country & had to start all over....but it was way more relaxed at our little hick school.

Sooooo.... hotel reservations have been cancelled for October and now it's full steam ahead for the Diva trip in 6 months, eh?:banana: Was it painful to cancel HoJo's (even though you had already decided on PPH)? I know that when I've had to cancel hotel reservations for DLR trips in the past, it almost physically hurt! It's a sad thing. It shouldn't be such a big deal but it was a big deal.

So are you changing your PPH booking to February? (I may have missed that at some point in this Pre-TR.)

It was painful to cancel.....I really should have cancelled that a while back when we decided to make that move to the PPH...but I kept it just in case the pier filled up....lol Our plans are to do the pier in Feb. Not sure I'll do the Diva portion there by myself or somewhere cheap....we'll see what kind of rates they have for that time of year.

Sherry, I have cried over having to cancel reservations. Yes, I have gotten over it but I still cried like a child. I think that is how we are hard wired.

The dining ressies will be the hard one for me......I worked really hard at calling first thing so we could get the times we wanted & all for nothing...... :headache:

Morning all!!

Let's see I wish I could figure out how to quote so I could remember what all I wanted to say LOL. I have had people try to show me but I am just stoopid that way LOL.

But anyway yes on the dumb locks. It says on the directions that you have to go around 3 times at first then back around to the first number then around the other way past the 2nd number and then land on it and then back the other way to the third. That sounds confusing just typing it I am sure. I figured it out but I know Katy had a really hard time with it. The school wants them to buy THEIR locks cuz they have special keys to open them in case the kids forget the combo OR if the school needs to get into them without having to cut them off. They get 2 locks both with the same combo for their book locker and their gym locker. There are NO lockers in high schools anymore here because of all the kids bringing guns, drugs etc to school. If I remember correctly when Lynn was in high school they issued them the books and they pretty much left them at home and when they got the assignments they just did the stuff at home. I think they had a classroom copy that they used when they were at school or something. The whole thing is just crazy to me! I know locker time was a big social time for us and it was nice to have a place to leave your coat, lunch whatever but I guess that is a thing of the past :(

As far as Shane's UE yeah it is a major screw up and you are right most of the employees checks reflect something different and I think the bookkeeper is not calculating it right. She is adding two weeks together because of the way they get paid. So it will def be interesting to see what the EDD determines cuz they don't always hire the smartest tools in the shed and getting them to figure it out could be interesting but his stubs match what he put down so that should be proof positive. So we shall see.

As far as "our" issues the money is just one piece of it. We have had stuff going on WAY back that like I said I don't want to get into on here cuz who knows who could be reading this but it is just a lot of stuff that has been building and it is WAY beyond repair. You are right it would be ideal if we could just find a way to "get along" for the kids sake AND for ours since at this point no one really has any choices but it has gotten SO bad that it is nearly impossible. So it will be interesting to see what happens tomorrow at my apt. I will def let you know.

Oh and as far as cancelling ressies I SO know what you mean.

As we have said in the past I think most of us on here esp when we have so much crapola in our reg lives that goes on we REALLY live for these trips to take our mind off the bs and then when we have to cancel it is just ANOTHER blow. It is devestating and I know for me esp then when that time comes up I can't help thinking gee I would have been AT DL right now and then I get even sadder. But as long as you DO have another trip planned that at least it a good thing. What is worse to me is when you have to cancel with NO plans in the works. THAT is the worst. Cuz then you have NOTHING to look forward to.

I am glad you at least have the ladies trip and hopefully your family trip as well.

We have our Nov trip and although I am NOT thrilled about all of us going we are going to have to make due and I am going to try and make it good since we probably won't go back after that for more than a year. Mom wants to take a trip in the summer that is NON Disney so I will hopefully have that to look forward to but you know us disney fanatics. As much as I enjoy travel in general I miss Disney and get withdrawals! :)

Anyway hope everyone has a great day and talk soon!

Hi Kelly!
School lockers are the pits....don't miss those days at all!!

The bookkeeper could be in a bit of trouble if reporting is that screwed up....I hope they straighten things out pronto....I'm not sure they'll pay him anything if they think you owe them.....stupid stupid people...ugh!! I feel your pain!!

Please let me know how things go tomorrow.....I'll be thinking about ya!! :flower3:

I bet when you trip comes around...you'll get a little more excited.....even when in the dumps...something about walking thru the gates just makes you smile from the inside out!!! Have faith*+*+*trust*+*+* & let the Disney *+*+*Pixie Dust*+*+* sprinkle goodness & happiness on you!!!!

I'm here. :thumbsup2

Cant wait to read about the Divas trip and your TR. I really really wish I could make one of the DISDivas trips I keep reading about. Who knows, maybe someday.

:confused3

I'm here. :thumbsup2

Cant wait to read about the Divas trip and your TR. I really really wish I could make one of the DISDivas trips I keep reading about. Who knows, maybe someday.

:confused3

Hi Cathy!!! :cool1: Don't think you can swing this next one?? Was hoping you'd be able to join in this time!! I'll tell you the secret in getting to go.......get involved on one of the committees....then you HAVE to go....worked for me last March!!! :rotfl2: (and I made sure I was on that same committee this time) :rolleyes1

I"m so excited you're getting to go down in October......you would be going a week after our originally planned family trip. (insert expletives here) :rotfl:

I would love to go but I think this October trip with be the last trip for the Pearson family for a few years. Monte is going to work the next three summers in Alaska and next year we have our heart set on going to Hawaii. We were going to go this year but wanted to use our AP's one last time before they expire (nov 1st 2011)
But we are definately doing this last trip like weve always wanted to. Concierge level theme park room at GCH and Ive arranged for a different treat/suprise each night delivered by room service, were flying this time (which weve never done), going to do the Happy Haunts tour and the Halloween party and having dinner one night at Napa Rose.
This will definately be the dream trip for us but hey, If anyone deserves this trip its my DH for working so hard to be able to provide it to us.
<3

I know your disappointed about not going in October but like the saying goes, "everything happens for a reason!" I firmly believe in that, and while we dont know what that reason is we just have to trust that someone knows it just might not be you or me :thumbsup2

Have a fun time planning, cant wait to read more!

I would love to go but I think this October trip with be the last trip for the Pearson family for a few years. Monte is going to work the next three summers in Alaska and next year we have our heart set on going to Hawaii. We were going to go this year but wanted to use our AP's one last time before they expire (nov 1st 2011)
But we are definately doing this last trip like weve always wanted to. Concierge level theme park room at GCH and Ive arranged for a different treat/suprise each night delivered by room service, were flying this time (which weve never done), going to do the Happy Haunts tour and the Halloween party and having dinner one night at Napa Rose.
This will definately be the dream trip for us but hey, If anyone deserves this trip its my DH for working so hard to be able to provide it to us.
<3

I know your disappointed about not going in October but like the saying goes, "everything happens for a reason!" I firmly believe in that, and while we dont know what that reason is we just have to trust that someone knows it just might not be you or me :thumbsup2

Have a fun time planning, cant wait to read more!

Oh wow......he's gonna do this again??? I didn't know that!!! I'm so glad you're gonna do this Disney trip in style.....sounds awesome!!! I've looked at Conceirge before, but we like doing our eating at the restaurants & not sure we'd really get our money's worth in doing it. Have you stayed at the Grand before??? I hear the rooms are small.......I like to go into the lobby but the whole theme is too dark for me.....I need bright & cheery. People who stay at the Grand, love it & so I'm sure you will too!!!!

Napa Rose.....fancy!! We did this in March & did the Chef's Counter. I'm glad we did it & now have crossed it off our "Bucket list"....but that food is so not our style. For Mike & I, doing the Vintners Meal & Chef's Choice Meal with one cocktail each, with tip ran us $250........I could have had a ball at World of Disney for that much money....... :rotfl:

You'll love Hawaii.....and actually spending a little more time planning that trip will make it even more special!!! Please let me know if I can help with that. I don't see us going in the near future.....but love it there & have been twice before.

I'm still watching the mailbox......just in case that check shows up way early to what they said....but sheesh, we had already waited 4 mths.....time to get it done already!!! At this point, I want the money here so we can move to Corvallis....Mike starts on Sunday & will be commuting now....ugh!

When does Monte come home??????

Oh wow......he's gonna do this again??? I didn't know that!!! I'm so glad you're gonna do this Disney trip in style.....sounds awesome!!! I've looked at Conceirge before, but we like doing our eating at the restaurants & not sure we'd really get our money's worth in doing it. Have you stayed at the Grand before??? I hear the rooms are small.......I like to go into the lobby but the whole theme is too dark for me.....I need bright & cheery. People who stay at the Grand, love it & so I'm sure you will too!!!!
Between Monte and Jacob, we'll definately get our money worth, plus we'll probably only use the conceirge service for breakfast and snacks and drinks, we love the different DL restaurants, cant wait to eat at Carnation Cafe, Cafe Orleans and at the BBQ place!

Napa Rose.....fancy!! We did this in March & did the Chef's Counter. I'm glad we did it & now have crossed it off our "Bucket list"....but that food is so not our style. For Mike & I, doing the Vintners Meal & Chef's Choice Meal with one cocktail each, with tip ran us $250........I could have had a ball at World of Disney for that much money....... :rotfl:
We did Napa Rose a few years ago and we loved it! We definately want to do it again, this time we'll bring a nice outfit, last time we were in shorts and tank tops, lol

You'll love Hawaii.....and actually spending a little more time planning that trip will make it even more special!!! Please let me know if I can help with that. I don't see us going in the near future.....but love it there & have been twice before.
We have already started planning thanks the the awesome email you sent me, we'll for sure do a luau, the dole plantation and pearl harbor!
:thumbsup2

I'm still watching the mailbox......just in case that check shows up way early to what they said....but sheesh, we had already waited 4 mths.....time to get it done already!!! At this point, I want the money here so we can move to Corvallis....Mike starts on Sunday & will be commuting now....ugh!
Keeping my fingers crossed for you!!!

When does Monte come home??????
October 11th :love:
yay!

I hope the days fly by until Monte returns & your trip!!!! Sounds like you'll have a blast!!!!! Can't wait to hear all about it & see pics!!!!

Let me know if you ever come up my way.....I'd love to meet up, even if only for a couple minutes!!!

I hope the days fly by until Monte returns & your trip!!!! Sounds like you'll have a blast!!!!! Can't wait to hear all about it & see pics!!!!

Let me know if you ever come up my way.....I'd love to meet up, even if only for a couple minutes!!!

Same goes for you, If you ever head down south maybe you can stop in and we can have lunch or something. Are there every any DIS mini meets in Oregon....there probably are but im so out of the loop sometimes that Ive probably missed them, lol

Same goes for you, If you ever head down south maybe you can stop in and we can have lunch or something. Are there every any DIS mini meets in Oregon....there probably are but im so out of the loop sometimes that Ive probably missed them, lol

Not really, but there is a gal writing a TR that's from Salem & she says there's about 4 other gals in the area & they've gotten together. I'll let you know if anything gets set!! Kelly visited Portland, so we met them at the zoo with Carol from the Divas.

I was hoping to take a trip down to Medford this summer....but money wise....we couldn't work it out. I'll let you know if we do!

YAY!:banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter