DIS ‘WISH’ Diet Tips

Great tips!

Here a couple of my own that work for me
1) Nibble, i eat thing extremely slowly because i like to take little nibbles of my food, especially things like chocolate etc, i really take the time to savor it and let it melt in my mouth. Than i'm done my craving and i might at most only have about the size of a chocolate chip. With things like dinner i take smaller bites and i really chew it out, when i'm ready to swallow i chew another 20 bites. It makes it easier to digest and your forcing your stomach to feel the food before it asks for more.

2) Get Lots of sleep! It really helps

3) When i'm just lying in bed in the morning, i do a couple crunches/situps they are easier on a mattress and really energize you for the morning.

4) If you had a huge sugar/ice cream craving try the sugar free version, they are usually at least 1/2 the calories. 110mls of caramal almond crunch (sugar free by ultimate) is only 88 calories. 2 pecan delights by russel stoven (sugar free) they are like turtles and only 75 cals each.

5) Cup a soups are extremely low cal, especially if you buy the carb watcher ones, they are like 15-30 cals per cup.

6) If your craving something, Eat it! so many times i'll try to deter my cravings with something healthy and then in the end, end up eating that and whatever i'm craving plus some.

Very good ideas, i just got one of those things you add to your shoe to tell you how many steps you take and wow do they add up

I like the baby spoon idea!

But also, I find that if I slow down on eating-really chew and taste my food...I enjoy it more and eat less...my portions have really shrunk!

I eat for 10 min. take a little break(2-5 min. talking or powder my nose) then eat until my stomach says Comfortably Full!

I'm diabetic and my dr. told me to eat 5 peanuts, almonds, or walnuts 5 mins before everything you eat it feels the pit in your stomach
Another thing is even though I have a dr that is for diabeties and I'm trying to find another one he put me on a 1000 calorie diet but i read in a book no one should eat less than 1200 cals. a day it is bad for you.

Goofyposter said:
here's a couple of others...

18 (?)
whenever you have to drive to anystore.....park at the furthest end of the parking lot from where your going.... extra steps helps!

19(?)
eat off from luncheon sized plates....makes your serving size "look" larger...also use a salad fork instead of a full sized dinner fork.

20(?)
Set yourself limits when eating out - both in how often you do, and food style choices. I "pretend" I'm a veggitarian whenever I don't prepare the meal.

Havent read the whole thread yet, but heres others that help me, especially when eating out.

21(?) Put your fork down after every bite. Take a drink of water, before picking up the fork again. You will get full faster

22 When eating out, immediately ask for a box and put half of your food away

I've lost 8lbs through going to the gym 3 times a week for 1.5hrs, avoiding all fried food and I honestly dont miss it. Cutting out desserts other than the occasional ww carrot cake, eating my evening meal out of a small bowl rather than on a plate - smaller portions. I also substituted sugar for sweetner in my tea and coffee. Its hard work but the results are worth it.

These are great tips, I was just drinking some orange juice and now I am like WATER WATER WATER. And now also I am walking a lot in front of the tv.

I'm on the DISboards all the time under the cruise section and I've just discovered this section. Great tips!

Here's one I got from a fitness mag a few years ago, and it really does make a lot of sense. (This was from someone who had lost a lot of weight, but can't remember who.) Anyway, they said they eat like a king for breakfast, a queen for lunch and a pauper for dinner. So many people w/ weight issues skip breakfast, then they are famished all day, and just keep eating. You are also getting a good start to the day, and not eating all your calories before bed. This does NOT mean going to McDonald's and getting 3 Egg McMuffins!! Remember back in the "olden days" when everyone ate a big breakfast, they didn't have weight issues then either. I always have scrambled eggs, turkey bacon, a glass of tomato or V8 juice and green tea.

Also after recently having a baby, I've discovered some really good baby food deserts that are close to 100 calories and totally satisfy the sweet tooth. (I'm more of a salt person, but on occassion want something sweet) The best ones are the jars of Hawaiian, Dutch Apple, Blueberry Buckle, etc. They are all pretty yummy!

Haven't read the full thread yet, so i hope i'm not repeating anything, but here's a few tips I use which I've picked up from working at 3 gyms.

- Eat SLOWLY. It takes 20 minutes for your brain to register you're full.

- Park your car at the far side of the parking lot, use the stairs instead of the elevator.

- Do toning excerisizes while you watch TV! On the commercial break, pick an excersize (ie: leg lifts) and continue this excersize until the commercial is up, next commercial try a different excersize

- They say not to eat after 6pm, but from what trainers have told me the rule is do not eat 2 hours before you go to sleep, so if you go to sleep at midnight you should stop eating by 10.

- Eat breakfast! it is so so so important! (i have a hard time eating breakfast myself)

- When you eat a bagel or bun when cuttin it in half- - cut it into 3 slices instead of 2 and then save the third slice for another sandwhich (great way to cut out carbs!)

- Always leave food on your plate, even if it's just a little

- If you feel hungry try drinking water first, the brain can sometimes miscommunicate hunger for thirst. If you drink and are still hungry try a light snack like a yogart or fruit!

Anyways that's just some tips I use myself and they seem to help! :)
Good luck to all :bitelip:

Thanks for all the wonderful ideas. I heard one right before Thanksgiving, and it helped me get through that meal with success - No touching - don't let any of the food on your plate touch one another. Causes you to be a little more selective about what you put on because you are working with less space.

They say not to eat after 6pm, but from what trainers have told me the rule is do not eat 2 hours before you go to sleep, so if you go to sleep at midnight you should stop eating by 10.

I cant fallow this one. I get home a hour before bed and am forced to have dinenr then.

I hear you can loose weight by giving up soda. Im not so sure I could handle this

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter