Dinner first night?

Echoing what others have said- between flight and other possible delays and then traveling all day with kids who are excited and off their routine I’ve learned the hard way to not plan a park for arrival day.

Thursday- arrival- consider some pool/ rest time and dinner at Chef Mickey. Ride the monorail there. Plenty of Disney excitement there. Is chef Mickey the best meal you’ll have in your life? No. Will it get your son excited and maybe save you some park time trying to run around and meet all of his pals? Yes.

Friday- party day- MK is not a bad idea. Crowds will be lighter and then you leave and have dinner.

Thanks everybody. We are doing a full day in MK, HS, and Epcot before flying home so we may opt to do one other character meal in those parks. I will look at Garden Grill, though I don’t think it has Goofy… Mickey is #1 for my son and Goofy is a close #2. If there is another place to meet Goofy in Epcot though then this is a good option for our Epcot day.
Depending on how early you want to be at EPCOT another fun breakfast with Goofy is Cape May at Beach Club. Minnie, Daisy, Donald, and Goofy (NOT Mickey) are there. You can walk to/ from EPCOT/ HS or take a boat.
Garden Grill is great- Mickey, no Goofy, but Chip & Dale are fun so I don’t think either meal would be a letdown. Goofy does meet in EPCOT, and he also meets in MK.

If you’re decided on MK, HS, and EPCOT then skip AK and save it for another trip. Although my 6.5 year old would skip HS for AK any day and he LOVES Toy Story and Star Wars so go figure 🤦🏻‍♀️

When my daredevil DD was 51/2 she was reallly tall. She loved Big Thunder and Space and wanted to ride Rockin’ Roller Coaster. So we did. She loved it. Then her big brother (8 years older) told her that she would “pull more Gs” in the back row and she wanted to ride with him. Her dad told she had to ride with us in the middle of the coaster, and she started crying. People all around gave dirty looks because they thought she was crying out of fear. Nope, she wanted more thrills. She’s now 27, and gets motion sickness.

Your kid will let you know what he is ready for. You can’t go wrong, no matter what. Are you going to get Genie +? Columbus Day weekend will be really crowded.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter