Dinner attire questions

Melora

Disney Dreaming
Im starting to pack for our cruise that is in less than 2 weeks and I suddenly realized I wasnt sure about dinner attire.

I have one suit for each guy in our party for formal night. Then one fancier outfit for the 3 girls in our party.

Now how about the rest of the nights? are all the other nights more casual? (ie: nicer shirt and slacks for the boys and girls). My 17 year old daughter was horrified that she couldnt wear her nicer jeans to dinner.. was I correct in telling her no jeans in the evening dining rooms?

Are there any semi-formal nights?

Thanks!

They won't chase you out of the dinning rooms if you wear jeans but usually the dress code would be resort casual. I usually wear polo shirt and khakis.

What type of cruise are you going on? (3,4 or 7 night)

Actually, they have changed the suggested dress code to allow jeans in the dining room on casual nights.

Thanks for the repliles!!

We are going on a 7 day cruise.

So one formal night outfit and the rest resort casual?

SO,

If I can go in with a pirate costume (which is tolerable for pirate nite) then you can go as you like! But as everyone sez.... having a few mix an' match resort casual things doesn't hurt. AND... just becuse I do... I'll say that I pack 2 (TWO) tuxedos ... one is the tropical formal dinner jacket in white with the scalloped lapels in fabric matching the body (not that tacky satin)... and a formal black with the tacky satin lapels. No tails... just modern formal. I pack a few bowties to suit the mood on the evening of the dinner and a couple of white tux shirts... and ONE cumberbund. NOW... before you roll your eyes please consider... I am just responding to the passonate appeals of my daughter to dress up like she shows me in these photos. AND I went and bought some decent looking ebay tuxes... it cost me under 100 or so for the 2 that I have and I'm good to add another with a real classic cut with real quality.

So... it is OK to do so and it does make for some nice photos. SO I would actually encourage it even though everyone sez very few dress all the way. It makes the formal even more of a formal evening IF more folks went ... in legitimate formal attire as opposed to just a business suit or just a nice sport coat. BUT Even that is better then jeans on formal nite. AND - to my knowledge no one is going to deny you entry if you come to formal nite with casual wear. IF I wanted to come to formal nite in casual attire let me say that I do not want anyone telling ME what I had to wear to have dinner. But then again I'm not much of a rebel in these matters. pirate:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!