• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Dinner at the Contemporary

ande2428

Mouseketeer
Hello everyone! My wife, 2 year old daughter and I have dinner reservations at Chef Mickeys next month. We were just going to have her eat off our plates but looking at the menu, I don’t see much that will really fill her up. Do you think I can order her chicken nuggets from the Contemo Cafe and give them to her to eat while we are having dinner? I wasn’t sure how strict the restaurant would be in allowing “outside” food. Thanks in advance!

How odd!

The Chef Mickey's All Ears dinner menu was updated last month and shows these for kids:

For Children Ages 3-9​

Mickey's Macaroni & Cheese
Tater Bite Potatoes
Steamed Broccoli
Chicken Nuggets

Not a sign of chicken nuggets on the Disney one, which is peculiar as popular as that restaurant is with families having young kids.

Maybe someone who's at WDW now or has eaten there recently can advise you whether they're served or not.

Very strange indeed.

Sorry if I wasn’t clear. I want to buy some chicken nuggets at the Contempo Cafe and take them into Chef Mickeys for her to eat. I hope this is possible as she’s under 3 years old. My wife and I will still order off the Chef Mickeys menu for our meal.

Disney isn’t going to care what food you bring in for a toddler. We’ve brought all kinds of foods into several different restaurants and the only thing we’ve ever heard from the waitstaff was if we wanted a plate for her.

The kids plate at chef mickeys has chicken nuggets—same ones as Contempo. It also had Mac n cheese, corn dog nuggets and broccoli. I think it had tater tots in the past, but can’t remember if they were still on it recently

I think they may just give you some nuggets from the kids plate options if you ask for them. But who knows these days.

No reason to buy a full kids buffet meal for a 2 year old if they don’t - because they will not care it all if you bring outside food for a very little child. We would bring carrots etc with no issue.

If she's 2 years old, you're still not going to pay for her child's buffet. I wouldn't bother bringing food in for her. I'm guessing that with the vegetable and two starches listed, there has to be chicken nuggets on their menu like All Ears has listed. If they don't have it, you can get her the nuggets after. This is what I found:

• Chef Mickey's Character Dinner Buffet - Chef Mickey's Macaroni and Cheese, Goofy's Cheese Pizza, Chicken Nuggets, Pluto's Chicken, "Minnie" Corn Dogs, Meatballs in Marinara Sauce, not sure when it was updated.

Last edited:
How odd!

The Chef Mickey's All Ears dinner menu was updated last month and shows these for kids:

For Children Ages 3-9​

Mickey's Macaroni & Cheese
Tater Bite Potatoes
Steamed Broccoli
Chicken Nuggets

Not a sign of chicken nuggets on the Disney one, which is peculiar as popular as that restaurant is with families having young kids.

Maybe someone who's at WDW now or has eaten there recently can advise you whether they're served or not.

Very strange indeed.
When handling a discrepancy between allears menus and disney menu the allears is the correct one. Everytime.

You may be missing something. Chef Mickeys is a buffet. There are nuggets on the buffet. Just put some on a plate.
When I’ve eaten at a buffet, I’ve always taken food from the child’s selections. Not sure what the problem is here. As suggested, just take some nuggets.

The last two times I was there they served family style. I don’t think they are back to Buffett (yet). I could be wrong.

No they were still family style as of a week ago. And the menu on the Disney website is the accurate one.
Ah, well that would be a problem.

Maybe ask at the podium on check in whether they can supply more kid friendly options for you. Contempo Cafe is right next to Chef Mickeys if you should have a “nugget”emergency!

Seriously? All Ears is not official.
Disney IT cant even handle the traffic of a known popular promo that happens every year. Their website doesnt get updated regularly.
AllEars goes into the park and takes menu pictures. If AllEars says there are nuggets then there are nuggets

Disney IT cant even handle the traffic of a known popular promo that happens every year. Their website doesnt get updated regularly.
AllEars goes into the park and takes menu pictures. If AllEars says there are nuggets then there are nuggets

And yet people who have been there recently have said NO NUGGETS.

All Ears is more focused on constantly updating their socials with "all ride challenges" and such and posting old-news things as "breaking".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter