Dining reservations

steelyfun

Earning My Ears
Hi all,

We're set to make our dining reservations tomorrow and I've been doing some checking with the app to get a sense of how early to book things (used to Wdw). Everything I've tried for a party of 3 for cafe Orleans and Minnie's in the park for example show no availability for the first day that just opened up! Am I missing something? I thought ADRs were much easier to get at DLR...

TIA for the help!

The calendar may not be open yet. They're pretty relaxed about scheduling things.

Other than the fantasmic packages I bet you won't have an issue reserving the week before so don't stress!

You may have better results calling to make your reservations.

As smartlabelprint said, there have been some issues with dining reservations (especially those associated with in-park dining) not being released right on the 60-day mark. It's not uncommon for reservations to be delayed at the start of a new "season" (or just a "season" ends) or at the start of the new month. WoC Dining Packages were notoriously slow for October and there was/is also a delay with the Plaza Inn breakfasts after October 31. In general, it means they haven't yet set the operating calendar for those dates, so they haven't released the dining reservations.

As hard as it is for a planner used to WDW, try not to stress. This happens at DL. If you want a Fantasmic! Dining package, I'd call and make that reservation if it isn't showing online yet and you are 60 days or less away from the preferred date. For all others, check back periodically. If this provides any reassurance, I booked Goofy's Kitchen about 40 days out and had loads of times to choose from (dinner reservation) and we booked a F! dining package only 3 weeks out. That was when they were running the shows daily, though.

The park hours aren't decided yet, so breakfast and dinner won't show any availability.

Ah, I see! Thanks so much everyone. I feel much better now! I just saw the dates go "live"in the app and assumed it meant everything. Less stress now, so thanks!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter