Dining Reservations and Timing

Pluto1976

Mouseketeer
Hello All,

I have not made dining reservations since the new 60-day window has been put in place and have some questions. Figured the folks here could help out in answering them:

1. In the past, one could make ADRs beginning on the first day of their trip and go out 7-days from there. Is that still in-place -or- is everything 60-days out so I will need to get online multiple times to make reservations for the entire trip?

2. When does the online window open to begin making reservations (i.e., midnight day of, 8:00AM, or etc...)?

Thanks!

1. 60 days if staying off site; 60 + 10 for Disney resort guests.

2. Sorry not sure. Might be 5:30 to 6:00 AM

1. 60 days if staying off site; 60 + 10 for Disney resort guests.

2. Sorry not sure. Might be 5:30 to 6:00 AM

Got it and thanks! Do you know if I can take advantage of the "+ 10 days" online, or would I have to call in and make the reservations with an agent?

1. Is actually length of stay up to 10 days, and if it's a split stay, each reservation window opens separately.
2. 6am online (but there have been some reports of it opening early at 5:45. You can reserve for length of stay online. If you do need to call- phone lines open at 7 instead of 6.

1. Is actually length of stay up to 10 days, and if it's a split stay, each reservation window opens separately.
2. 6am online (but there have been some reports of it opening early at 5:45. You can reserve for length of stay online. If you do need to call- phone lines open at 7 instead of 6.
this.
I get online at 5:45 EST.

Okay, so this next question may sound a bit stupid. When going "online" would one just go to the main Disney site, login, and go where after that?

My concern is will the online planning tool automatically open up dining reservations beyond 60 days (i.e. + 10 days) from the first day of our trip? Call me skeptical but Disney IT could use a bit of assistance at times 😁

More or less. It doesn't work 100% correctly but it does work. I have this link bookmarked: ADR link

Make sure to login first and when you search, search by the the exact times, not the "Breakfast", "Lunch", or "Dinner" option. not everything shows up under those 3 options.

My advice, to the extent possible, is to plan your most sought-after reservations later in your trip. For example, you want to book California Grill on the fifth night of your stay rather than the first, because by the time you get to 60 days out from your first night, Cali Grill will be fully booked by those checking in several days before you. So when you hit 5:45 at 60 days from your arrival, you go straight to the fifth day of your trip and book Cali Grill first. Book whatever time is available immediately so you don't lose it. They will go fast. Then you work backward down your personal priority list. Don't just start on day one and try to make reservations in chronological order, or you might miss out on your favorites.

Also agree with choosing the time options when searching rather than "Lunch" or "Dinner." Although I found switching times, and even also choosing "dinner" as the only way to see actual availability some times. I could hit search multiple times for different time slots, and something would finally pop up on try number 4. But then on search number 5 it was gone again... and back on try 6. Very frustrating. I suggest playing around with the dining reservation tool well before your 60 day mark to get a feel for how it behaves.

Before any of this happens, be sure your resort reservation is linked to your My Disney Experience account and shows up in your My Plans section. Otherwise, you won't get the +length of stay option when you hit 60 days.

Also, just had the Steakhouse 71 reservations go live at 5:30A est. So be even earlier.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter