Dining reservations after park closure time

5 Disney Fans

DIS Veteran
For a mid-October trip I went in to make a few dining reservations. I was trying for off hours per usual tactic to avoid peak crowds if that is a thing these days. tthe day we reserved for MK they close at 6pm, however, there was a 6:55pm reservation for LTT. Years ago I remember having breakfast prior to park opening but I don't ever recall restaurant reservations after close time, especially since the time is almost an hour after closure. Anyone else do this?... do you just stick around until your reservation time even as they are clearing out he park?

thanks!

We have after park hour reservations in October so I too am watching and waiting for real experience reviews.

I wonder if anyone had a reservation "after hours" yesterday? We have one for early October and wanted to live vicariously through others until then...actually we want to know what they did while waiting for their reservation...
Mike

Sounds like I'm in the same boat as many of you.. have reservations made at the 60 day mark, that are now after park closing!! Anxious to hear from others as well!

I am curious as well. We have reservations at Skipper Canteen at 6:30 and park closes at 6 in 2 weeks, and then LTT at 6:50 the next night. We made these when the 60 day mark hit, but now that the parks close earlier...I am very concerned. I can still get those restaurants those days right now, but at 4:45 ish. I am thinking I should just switch now so I don't get screwed out of a restaurant I really want to eat at.

I am curious as well. We have reservations at Skipper Canteen at 6:30 and park closes at 6 in 2 weeks, and then LTT at 6:50 the next night. We made these when the 60 day mark hit, but now that the parks close earlier...I am very concerned. I can still get those restaurants those days right now, but at 4:45 ish. I am thinking I should just switch now so I don't get screwed out of a restaurant I really want to eat at.
I made my LTT reservation for 6:50 just a few days ago when the park hours were already known, so not sure if that means anything.

A handful of park restaurants are indeed staying open past park closing--here's an article I found online: https://wdwnt.com/2020/08/select-wa...e-despite-reduced-hours-starting-september-8/ If there's still availability, you can go online and make a reservation at them for the extra hour they'll be open after the parks close. If you had a reservation at the others that now close an hour or two earlier due to the new park hours, those reservations were cancelled (as happened to us with Brown Derby & Le Cellier, sigh) and you cannot make a reservation past park closing time. I asked a CM (live chat) why some restaurants were chopped and others left alone and she didn't know. I also asked about transportation getting back to the resorts after dinner (we're eating at BOG @ 6:15 in 2 weeks & MK closes @ 6:00 so we likely won't be leaving the park until 90 min after it closes) and she said, "We won't leave people stranded." I wasn't able to get her to confirm/"promise" which specific modes would be open (skyliner, buses, monorail, etc) but I get the feeling that Disney is aware of the issue and will leave something in place for people. As for what to do in the park for a whole hour if your reservation is that long past park closure, that I do not know (I didn't ask as ours is only 15 min later). I guess get on a long ride at 1 min before the park closes and then putz around in the shops that stay open. Maybe take some nice evening park pics w/ all the people gone. Here's hoping someone who visits this week posts something here! : )

Hi Allie, Thanks for the post and details. The plan to ride at 5:59p, shop and take photos was what we had in mind as we have LTT at 6:55p on October 9th.

I'd like to know if they will try to heard us to Main Street (if we are wandering the park after 6pm) and then let us come back to Liberty Square for the reservation. I know they don't want us in the lobby of LTT for 55 minutes!
On the transportation front, we will have a rental car so they just have to get us back to the TTC or let us stay in the Dream Suite...:)

I hope someone with later reservations can share their experience as well.
Mike

DH and I had an ADR at LTT for 6:50 last night and MK closed at 6. We got on HM at 5:59 PM and got off around 6:10. Went to rest rooms and walked around Frontierland a bit taking photos before checking in at 6:35. We got the text at 6:55 PM that our table was ready. Our server didn’t rush us at all and we had the most delicious dinner! It was relaxing and wonderful. About 8:10PM we left the restaurant and CM’s were on hand to guide us to Main Street. The CM’s encouraged us to stop and take some photos so we did and took some beautiful photos and then proceeded to walk down Main Street. At this point some lights were already turned off.
DH and I stopped at the end of Main St to take some amazing pictures! They came out stunning. We were the very last guests to leave MK.
I absolutely loved having the late ADR and it was not rushed and a most memorable evening for my husband and I. We parked our car in the MK lot and the Ferry/Monorail were both closed so a Disney bus driver took us back. The driver said they will never leave anyone stranded and will always get you back to where you need to go. Just ask Security if you’re not sure what to do. Every CM we came in contact with after we left the restaurant knew we had just come from a late dinner at LTT.
I highly recommend getting a late ADR if you can! Hope this helps :)

Last edited:
DH and I had an ADR at LTT for 6:50 last night and MK closed at 6. We got on HM at 5:59 PM and got off around 6:10. Went to rest rooms and walked around Frontierland a bit taking photos before checking in at 6:35. We got the text at 6:55 PM that our table was ready. Our server didn’t rush us at all and we had the most delicious dinner! It was relaxing and wonderful. About 8:10PM we left the restaurant and CM’s were on hand to guide us to Main Street. The CM’s encouraged us to stop and take some photos so we did and took some beautiful photos and then proceeded to walk down Main Street. At this point some lights were already turned off.
DH and I stopped at the end of Main St to take some amazing pictures! They came out stunning. We were the very last guests to leave MK.
I absolutely loved having the late ADR and it was not rushed and a most memorable evening for my husband and I. We parked our car in the MK lot and the Ferry/Monorail were both closed so a Disney bus driver took us back. The driver said they will never leave anyone stranded and will always get you back to where you need to go. Just ask Security if you’re not sure what to do. Every CM we came in contact with after we left the restaurant knew we had just come from a late dinner at LTT.
I highly recommend getting a late ADR if you can! Hope this helps :)

How crowded was it in the restaurant that late? Did it clear out pretty quickly, or was it still mostly full throughout your meal?

How crowded was it in the restaurant that late? Did it clear out pretty quickly, or was it still mostly full throughout your meal?

Oh my goodness I never mentioned we physically ate in the Diamond Horseshoe as it’s the LTT overflow!! My apologies.
So we checked in at LTT but they took us to the alternate location. They’re using it as an overflow for LTT as they’re not using all of the tables in the main restaurant. I had never been in there before so I was excited to eat in there. Same waitstaff as LTT and same food as well. Nice experience. It wasn’t crowded where we were but it was a tad chilly and I wish I had a sweater with me.
So we were one of maybe 15 tables in the Diamond Horseshoe and by the time our dessert came there were only 2 tables left eating including us. Sorry, can’t comment on the main LTT as we didn’t eat in there. I’m guessing it cleared out just as our place did.
We were the last ones to leave and our server Sandy was amazing. Hope this helps.

We have a BOG reservation at 6:50pm (MK park closes at 6pm)... will they help us get back to Copper Creek/Wilderness Lodge or just to TTP/MK parking lot? We have a car but wasn’t planning on driving to MK. Maybe I should drive with the late reservation?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter