Dining Question....Regarding Meal Allocation

FlyersStink

Earning My Ears
Hey,

I posted this in the wrong forum the first time....boo.

I've done DD enough to know this, but I wanted to double check.

Normally, my fam (wife, myself, and daughter (4)) does Deluxe Dining. Obviously, its WAYWAYWAY too much food. We end up giving meals away on the last day, playing Santa in July.

This year, we are thinking of doing Standard dining and paying extra for anything we want. We never do sit-down at lunch, so really the extra meals are just that: extra.

Now that my daughter is four (and three last year), I believe that she is included on our dining plan. I know that she, when using her meals, is supposed to order from the kids menu, but I usually just pay hers out of pocket, since burning a meal on a kid who eats for 10 is ridiculous to me.

Questions:

1) To clarify: Is my four year old going to be getting meals when be buy the plan? I think yes

2) Do the waiters/restaurants see a difference in the meals available on our card (kid vs adult)?

I ask this because we would pay hers out of pocket and bank the table-service meals that are allotted to her. That way, if we want to eat at, say, Cali Grill, we could use her banked meals to use the dining plan for ourselves (2 sit downs for that place).

Am I making sense?

Thanks!

Hey,

Normally, my fam (wife, myself, and daughter (4)) does Deluxe Dining. Obviously, its WAYWAYWAY too much food. We end up giving meals away on the last day, playing Santa in July.

This year, we are thinking of doing Standard dining and paying extra for anything we want. We never do sit-down at lunch, so really the extra meals are just that: extra.

Now that my daughter is four (and three last year), I believe that she is included on our dining plan. I know that she, when using her meals, is supposed to order from the kids menu, but I usually just pay hers out of pocket, since burning a meal on a kid who eats for 10 is ridiculous to me.

Questions:

1) To clarify: Is my four year old going to be getting meals when be buy the plan? I think yes

2) Do the waiters/restaurants see a difference in the meals available on our card (kid vs adult)?

I ask this because we would pay hers out of pocket and bank the table-service meals that are allotted to her. That way, if we want to eat at, say, Cali Grill, we could use her banked meals to use the dining plan for ourselves (2 sit downs for that place).

Am I making sense?

Thanks!

Mod moved your thread from resorts over here with all your answers :thumbsup2

I am fairly sure that on the DDP each Key to the World card lists the number of adults and kids. And the entitlements are different from DxDP in that it is for 1TS, 1CS & 1 snack/ night of your stay. Because of this, I don't think that you will be able to do what you would like to do on the DDP. On our cards from previous trips with kids it stated the # of adults, and # of children on the plan. As soon as they are old enough to need a ticket to go through the turnstiles, that is when you have to pay for dining plan for them.

I am not sure how the magic bands will work in conjunction with this.

Hey,

Questions:

Am I making sense?

Thanks!

1. yes

2. yes, your card will say 2A 1C

3. You can not use your daughter's credits for your adult meal at CG.

Yes, kids' credits are differentiated, and no, you cannot use them for an adult meal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter