Dining Plan on check-out day, that is also the check-in day of second reservation

Daniel818

Earning My Ears
I did my best to search for a similar question before posting, but I apologize if this has already been answered somewhere.

Earlier this year we booked a 5 night trip for September with the free dining promotion. We've now decided to add on an extra night stay on the end of the trip. The problem is, the dining promotion has expired and the Disney representatives are telling me that we'd have to book a second, non-free dining resort reservation for the extra night, and they would do their best to keep us in the same room.

Now on to my question. We were originally planning to check-out on a Friday, and my understanding is that we are eligible to use any remaining dining credits up until midnight of that day. However, if we tack-on an extra night under separate reservation that does NOT include free dining, would that block us or somehow void any remaining dining credits we have remaining to use before midnight of that Friday? We'd love to be able to save a final table service credit to use that Friday night, but I don't want to show up to the restaurant and find out our credit has been voided and we have to pay out-of-pocket.

Really appreciate the help!

Thank you for asking this question. I was wondering the same. Will moving from a DVC property to regular resort reservation with the DDP make any difference? Will this void my points from one reservation to the next, or will I be able to use the points until midnight on each new check-in day?

Thank you for asking this question. I was wondering the same. Will moving from a DVC property to regular resort reservation with the DDP make any difference? Will this void my points from one reservation to the next, or will I be able to use the points until midnight on each new check-in day?

You will be able to use the credits from first stay until midnight of your check-out day no matter where you're going for that night. DVC, regular resort, off-site, home...it doesn't matter. Those credits are good until midnight. If you want to be 100% sure, just get a print out of what you have left before you leave your first resort.

However, if you have DDP on stay 2, you will NOT be able to access those credits until ALL credits from stay #1 are used or expired. This includes your snack credits. So if you are planning on using DDP credits from Stay #2 for dinner, but still have snacks, you won't be able to do that. Use ALL your credits.

Thank you, sharonbe, for clarifying things for me. I just did not want to lose those precious points if we did not get a chance to use them before the end of our first stay. I will have to plan carefully with a three-way split stay, but I still prefer the DDP over winging it.

Call back and ask to have your request bumped up to Guest Relations. CM won't transfer you, but GR might be able to amend/extend your package.

We were doing the same thing on our upcoming trip in May. After booking I called back to ask a question about something
completely different and that CM told me if we check out and then check back in we would lose our remaining credits. She
said we would have to use the credits before we checked back in.

We were doing the same thing on our upcoming trip in May. After booking I called back to ask a question about something
completely different and that CM told me if we check out and then check back in we would lose our remaining credits. She
said we would have to use the credits before we checked back in.

That is not true. It doesn't matter where you go after check out or where you check in. Those credits are yours until midnight. Get a paper receipt showing what you have left when you check out to cover any mishaps.

Oh, and you can't combine a credit from the first stay with a credit from the second stay (i.e. for a signature meal or dinner show), but different people in your party can use credits from the different reservations.

Oh, and you can't combine a credit from the first stay with a credit from the second stay (i.e. for a signature meal or dinner show), but different people in your party can use credits from the different reservations.

Have you had any issues doing this? I have read a few people mentioning issues with split stays/ two dining plans and got into a side conversation on the mug thread about it.

We have a late dinner for 7 booked at Ohana on our "moving" day. I had planned to use whatever credits we had left to pay for part of the group (maybe 3-5) and then credits from the second stay to pay for the rest. But with the issues I have heard some people having with getting the second stay activated I'm wondering if it would be better to make sure I have 7 credits left, use those to pay for the entire meal, and then wait until the following day to start using the second dining plan.

Bumping this thread as we have a split stay coming up, each with a dining plan. So I understand we need to use up all of the dining credits from stay #1 before we can tap into credits from stay #2? Just wondering what other people’s experiences/tips may be. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!