Dining plan just for snacks

serenitygr

2021: trip number six to the Fort!!
I wish Disney would come up with custom dining plans that would include “x number of snacks”, or “x number of quick service meals” etc.... instead of just the traditional combination plans. I’d SO buy into something like that!

Or even x number of days. If I could do a dining plan for just part of our trip I'd really consider it. But we're doing Universal too so all trip would be way too many meals.

No that is meals and snacks- I mean being able to pay a fee that- for example- would let me get ten snacks.

Oh I see!

Unless you were buying the snacks credits in large numbers I think it would be hard for them to balance, as snacks vary so much, in type and price.

Lets say they sold 10 snacks for X dollars, if 1/10 the price was lower than the price of the better snacks everyone would buy it, get the good stuff, and they would lose too much money.

Honestly, I'm not sure why Disney hasn't already tried doing this! They have spent this entire year marketing the heck out of "Park Snack culture"-- snack Magicbands, snack t-shirts, snack phone cases, snack home goods like mugs and pillows, stuffed animal snacks are all around the Resort! Not to mention the crazy amount of brand-new snacks they've been cycling through the parks this year!

Like @BingoJoe said, I guess it would be hard to do a "Snack Plan" for Disney if the snack credits hold the same worth on this plan that they do for the QSDP, DDP, and DxDP. Instead of adding it as a formal Dining Plan, I can see Disney doing a day-by-day "Snack Plan" where you can opt to buy 5 snack credits that are regulated through categories somehow-- so maybe you get 2 credits you can use for any type of snack you want, 1 credit that has to be spent on a drink, 1 that has to be spent on a bakery case item, 1 that has to be spent on ice cream or another pre-packaged snack. That's the only feasible way I can see Disney working this plan.

Honestly, I'm not sure why Disney hasn't already tried doing this!
Because it would take the "fuzzy" math out of it.

Disney does the pre-packaged dining plans because it makes the math harder. Just look at the number of posts daily here about comparing using the dining plan vs OOP. Disney does it the way they do it because it benefits them...period. By packaging snacks with meal credits, they keep you onsite at their restaurants eating their food and paying them and them only.

I guarantee you that if Disney were to offer some kind of "snack only" dining plan, you'd see the actual snack offerings on the upper end of the price range begin to dwindle.

The Quick service meals are equivalent to 3 snacks, making it 8 snacks a day. What you want is to purchase a portion of your trip? Just buy out of pocket. You're better off.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter