Dining plan coming back!

As I have mentioned, because we split stay, it can work because of the value of the mug alone when we only have to do it for half of the stay and have the mug for the entire trip!
I never thought of this. Before I get too excited, I just want to confirm-if you get the dining plan and thus the refillable mug for the first part of your split stay. the mug is still good for the full 14(?) days, not just for the # of days that you're on the dining plan. Then on the second part of the split, which is considered a separate reservation, you go without the dining plan, the mug still works. Is that correct? If so, that's a real possibility for those of us doing split stays.

I never thought of this. Before I get too excited, I just want to confirm-if you get the dining plan and thus the refillable mug for the first part of your split stay. the mug is still good for the full 14(?) days, not just for the # of days that you're on the dining plan. Then on the second part of the split, which is considered a separate reservation, you go without the dining plan, the mug still works. Is that correct? If so, that's a real possibility for those of us doing split stays.

Yes! Thsts why it really worked for us many times!

Also Quick service $60 it seems based on the £48 per night I can see
I’m not sure how the tax is working, the US price if the Uk site has to apply UK Vat may be slightly cheaper.

People should not necessarily think they can get all the most expensive items either:

Certain select menu items require payment of an additional amount in addition to redeeming the number of meals required at the location.”

Certain select menu items require payment of an additional amount in addition to redeeming the number of meals required at the location.”
At least they are not going to take them off the menu to make it fit the DDP like in the past.

$57/$95 in the US so this is a bad deal as I would lose money and have to suffer the restrictions.
I think they will have vastly reduced numbers buying it- maybe the plan?
Also with an inflated price, if they ever do ‘give it away’ ‘Savings’ publicised are massive.

Ok, here is the deal. The prices at table service in WDW have skyrocketed. The nicer locations are around $60 per entre. So if we use that as a baseline and add an adult beverage at $16 we are at $76 for the table service before tax and tip. It would be hard to get your quick service meal and snack for the remaining $19, so in this case the $95 per day for the DDP is probably a win. Keep in mind you have to pick the more expensive options off the menu to save any money.

After reading over the details that have been provided I see that lunch and dinner include an entre and a dessert, so that further adds to the value as most desserts at table service are about $9, somewhat less at quick service locations. Also, remember the refillable mug that comes with the plan. Those retail for about $20, so a further value added to the plan. The revised cost for a table service dinner meal would be $85 including the dessert, so only $10 left over for a quick service meal and an snack. I will be buying DDP.

Last edited:
Ok, here is the deal. The prices at table service in WDW have skyrocketed. The nicer locations are around $60 per entre. So if we use that as a baseline and add an adult beverage at $16 we are at $76 for the table service before tax and tip. It would be hard to get your quick service meal and snack for the remaining $19, so in this case the $95 per day for the DDP is probably a win. Keep in mind you have to pick the more expensive options off the menu to save any money. The question I have now is are some table service locations at double credits like they were in the past?
All the ones with $65 entries are 2 TS credits

The one TS credits are $35 like Sebastian’s so no the math does not work

when trying to search for which restaurants are included, they have all the signatures included in the list (noting they require 2 credits). I know this is an option to use your credits this way but it seems incredibly misleading since you will be required to skip meals if you do that. Why don’t they have a nice easy to look at list saying which restaurants count as quick service, and which fall under the 1 TS option? I don’t have time to scan through every single signature restaurant trying to figure out which ones won’t use up all the credits in a single meal.

Ok, here is the deal. The prices at table service in WDW have skyrocketed. The nicer locations are around $60 per entre. So if we use that as a baseline and add an adult beverage at $16 we are at $76 for the table service before tax and tip. It would be hard to get your quick service meal and snack for the remaining $19, so in this case the $95 per day for the DDP is probably a win. Keep in mind you have to pick the more expensive options off the menu to save any money.

After reading over the details that have been provided I see that lunch and dinner include an entre and a dessert, so that further adds to the value as most desserts at table service are about $9, somewhat less at quick service locations. Also, remember the refillable mug that comes with the plan. Those retail for about $20, so a further value added to the plan. The revised cost for a table service dinner meal would be $85 including the dessert, so only $10 left over for a quick service meal and a snack. I will be buying DDP.
You are talking Signature which is 2 days of table service credits. The average TS entree is half your quoted figure.
it would be very, very challenging to get the money back on the table service plan.
Even the quick serve plan would be very challenging- including only visiting locations with alcohol, having alcohol every lunch and dinner, and seeking out only the places with the most expensive entrees.
There is no logical reason left to pay for this dining plan, it’s simply too expensive.

I did the math for 3 example days. It definitely only makes sense if you order alcoholic beverages with every meal. Also need to account for the fact that I would usually get 10% off the table service food with my AP/DVC discount. But adding in the value of the mug... meh. I with they brought back the + plan or the deluxe. I felt like I got my money's worth with those two considering we do drink alcohol. Looks like with this one I would maybe break even.

Day 1
QS: Connections: Cockail $13.50, Bistro Burger $13.79;
TS: Steakhouse 71 Dinner Filet Mignon $38, Cocktail $16.50, Dessert $11.00;
Snack: Ice Cream $6.79
Total: $99.58

Day 2
QS: Ronto's Roasters: 12.99, 16.50 drink
TS: Jungle Skipper: Hanger Steak $38.00, Kungaloosh dessert $9, Margarita $16.50,
Snack: Festival Booth $8
Total: $100.88

Day 3
QS: Satuli Canteen Combo Bowl $17.49, Cocktail $13.50
TS: ohana $59, Cocktail $16.50,
Total: $114.49

Edited SBD to Ohana which appears to still be 1 credit

Last edited:
I did the math for 3 example days. It definitely only makes sense if you order alcoholic beverages with every meal. Also need to account for the fact that I would usually get 10% off the table service food with my AP/DVC discount. But adding in the value of the mug... meh. I with they brought back the + plan or the deluxe. I felt like I got my money's worth with those two considering we do drink alcohol. Looks like with this one I would maybe break even.

Day 1
QS: Connections: Cockail $13.50, Bistro Burger $13.79;
TS: Steakhouse 71 Dinner Filet Mignon $38, Cocktail $16.50, Dessert $11.00;
Snack: Ice Cream $6.79
Total: $99.58

Day 2
QS: Ronto's Roasters: 12.99, 16.50 drink
TS: Jungle Skipper: Hanger Steak $38.00, Kungaloosh dessert $9, Margarita $16.50,
Total: $100.88

Day 3
QS: Satuli Canteen Combo Bowl $17.49, Cocktail $13.50
TS: Storybook dining $65, Cocktail $16.50,
Total: $120.49
This math doesn't work because Storybook is 2 credits.....

This math doesn't work because Storybook is 2 credits.....
I thought it was one? It’s not listed under signature.

ETA: my bad. DFB has it listed as 2. Boo
But ohana is one credit and almost the same price

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter