Dining info

heartsy77

2024 taking the kids and grands to Disneyland !
Ok fellow Dis people I have a question, and I know you will all have the answer! We have never used the dining plan before( they didn't have it last time we where there in WDW!) We have a very picky, hardly eats, 10 year old, witch unfortunelty counts as an adult on the meal plan. There is no way she is going to eat off the adult menu! I know we have to book her as an adult but I was thinking, do you think when we order we could pay cash for her child's menu for her ( even if we have to fudge her age by a year) and save her adult meals for the rest of the adults in our group? We are going to the luau and CRT which count as 2 meals, and I thought this may be a solution? I know that it not right to lie about her age and they will know she is 10 by her resort id, but Ithought maybe they could overlook it since I would be paying separate for her meals. I think it's really unneseccary to charge a 10 year old (especially one this skinny) as an adult! Let me know what you think we should do! Thanks so much! I always know where to turn when I have a Disney question!

Any one of any age can order a child's meal. You can get the child's portion and pay the child's price, or you can order an adult portion of a child's menu item and pay more (usually twice the child's price).

So....at least in theory and as the plan is currently working, you can go to a restaurant and order adult food and use adult TS credits for yourself and DH. You can order a child's meal for your 10 year old and pay the child's price OOP. You can then use the credits which you have purchased for whatever you'd like--signature dining, etc. There is nothing wrong with what you are doing as you are paying for adult credits and using them for adult meals. There should be no reason to lie about your child's age--and this is basically teaching a child to lie.

One never knows when the rules might change, but it shouldn't be in such a way that you can't pay real live money--you can do this for anyone anytime. The way people have gotten into trouble is trying to use credits purchased at the child's price (or free for a child) to obtain an adult meal. I have personally ordered a child's meal for an adult and paid the child's price with no problems. That is exactly what you are planning to do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter