Dining in December

Aussie Wendy

DIS Veteran
Me again. There seems to be a paucity of more recent reviews of dining options, no doubt due to Covid (or I am looking in the wrong place) the last few years, on any sites other than TA (which are pretty much all negative). I am wondering (a) given parks close early in winter, staying onsite, if we don’t want a hotel buffet (waste of money as all small eaters) is the only option a couple of places in Disney Village? and b) best quick serve places in the parks by day? I am also debating about one nice lunch (noting the need to reserve very early) and considering Chez Remy. 9 years ago we ate at Walt’s and Agrabah and enjoyed both (no idea our other quickies). Thoughts anyone?

To be honest, I think a lot of reviews of Disneyland Paris food are not very reliable.
As one, it's very expensive (relatively) and value for money is a thing when judging restaurants. Plus I always wonder where the people posting are coming from. If they are used to the US parks food, especially WDW, then they are used to something completely different. When you look at English-speaking review sites, the majority of the writers will be American or British. From the entire European continent Brits are the biggest group who also go to WDW.
Food quality is fine in DLP. Just at a different level than the US parks.

A. You have the tableservice restaurant in the Marvel hotel and when it reopens in the Disneyland hotel.
B. I am a fan of Hakuna Matata, Toad Hall and Victoria's and Cafe de la Brousse.
C. Look into Captain Jack's.

And due to Covid there have been a lot less foreign tourists in DLP the last 2 years. When the park was open the % of French guests was a lot higher than normal.

Last edited:
As always a prompt and helpful response, thank you so much Karin1984. Yes I do take many reviews with a pinch of salt - figured I'd get more helpful answers here!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter