DINING CENTRAL-Join other DISers over a meal

Michelle, that sounds like fun, and I would take you up on hanging around except I'll be there a month later, in April.

Hi Michelle,
I'll be there from the 10th to the 15th. I'll meet up with you.
It's my first solo trip as well. DH is working (and doesn't want to go)
and my kids can't/don't want to go.

I'll be heading to WDW March 6-12, 2013 for my 43rd birthday.
Going solo without my DS 17...he doesn't want to miss school :rotfl2:

I'd love to meet up with some fellow WDW fans for a meal or coffee?

I've been to the World 6 times and have always wanted to splurge and try Victoria and Albert's, but not sure if I would be comfortable dining alone there.
Anyone ever dine alone there?

Anyway, would love to meet some fellow DIS folks for coffee, a meal or a new friend to pal around with in the World.

Victoria and Albert's is AMAZING. Highly recommended! I've eaten there twice and loved every bite. Their staff is top notch - I don't think they'd make you feel uncomfortable dining there alone. But it will be a long meal (5 or 9 courses) so it might be worth trying to bring someone to talk to :P

I'll overlap by a day at the end of your trip (arriving on the 11th), post back if you end up organizing that coffee :thumbsup2

December 6-14, split stay between SSR & BLT. always willing to BBQ by one of the pools

Hi I will be solo 3/6 - 3/18 I would love a rope drop pal mostly for MK Any day 3/7 - 3/10 but could meet in the park later in the day as well.
Have to work 3/11-3/15 :( but I could do dinner or parks at or after 6pm then .

I went solo last year and had fun but the lines and rides would be more fun with a buddy... I got bitten by the Disney bug so I can't wait to go back!

A meal would be cool too.. I am open to any Disney / DTD spot.

I met a guy from the Dis board last year for Hoop Dee Doo and it was a blast.

Happy early B-Day MichelleWDWfan !

I'm 42, down to earth, and I enjoy low drama / nice people of all shapes sizes and ages.

I'll be heading to WDW March 6-12, 2013 for my 43rd birthday.
Going solo without my DS 17...he doesn't want to miss school :rotfl2:

I'd love to meet up with some fellow WDW fans for a meal or coffee?

I've been to the World 6 times and have always wanted to splurge and try Victoria and Albert's, but not sure if I would be comfortable dining alone there.
Anyone ever dine alone there?

Anyway, would love to meet some fellow DIS folks for coffee, a meal or a new friend to pal around with in the World.

Wow, so many great people on here! Just tough to find anyone who will be there at the same time. I'm looking for anyone to meet up for a meal April 13 - 19. Feel free to send me a PM if you'll be there during that range and may like to meet up. Doing some character meals, theme park restaurants, and resort restaurants.:donald:

I'll be there from March 10-16 if anyone wants to meet up for coffee or a meal.

JBA-
Ill flying in late on the 14th - available the 15th and 16th - also planning drinking around the world at Epcot on the 15th during the night extra magic hours if you are up for joining in. And please send a note to let me know how bad the custom's lineup is at Pearson Airport when you left - I have an after work flight and with the cutbacks to US customs due the the sequester I am wondering how much extra time I might need more than the usual 1.5-2 hours.
Thanks in Advance.

I'll be there from March 10-16 if anyone wants to meet up for coffee or a meal.

Skip
If you are staying on resort property, Im looking at drinking around the world at Epcot on the 15th. Also, I am planning on enjoying the patio at Raglan Road on the 16th - I am sure they have something special going on for St. Pats. You are most welcome to join another mid-40s guy for either (43 and too laid back for my own good).

Hi I will be solo 3/6 - 3/18 I would love a rope drop pal mostly for MK Any day 3/7 - 3/10 but could meet in the park later in the day as well.
Have to work 3/11-3/15 :( but I could do dinner or parks at or after 6pm then .

I went solo last year and had fun but the lines and rides would be more fun with a buddy... I got bitten by the Disney bug so I can't wait to go back!

A meal would be cool too.. I am open to any Disney / DTD spot.

I met a guy from the Dis board last year for Hoop Dee Doo and it was a blast.

Happy early B-Day MichelleWDWfan !

I'm 42, down to earth, and I enjoy low drama / nice people of all shapes sizes and ages.

April 11 - 17, 2013. Solo female, 40, from Maine -- I have the following reservations made if anyone is interested in joining me?

O Hana's April 11, 2013 9:20pm 1TS
Chef De France April 12, 2013 5:20pm 1Ts
Rainforest DTD April 13, 2013 8:00pm 1TS
Liberty Tree Tavern April 14, 2013 11:55am 1TS
Cape May Cafe April 14, 2013 5:45pm 1TS
Monsieur Paul April 15, 2013 8:15pm
Fulton's Crab Hse April 16, 2013 7:10pm

PM me if you're interested... :)

Tammy

May 9-14 solo trip, have the following ADRs if anyone wants to join.

5/9 12:45 Le Cellier
5/10 11:35 Sci-Fi
5/11 5:35 Sanaa
5/13 12:20 Teppan Edo

Hi everyone!!

Although I am hoping to meet some people to dine with during my September trip, I realize that it may not be possible for all or any of my meals.
I was wondering if anyone had any favorite spots for solo dining...maybe places where it feels a little less awkward to be alone. I never feel uncomfortable eating breakfast alone, but lunch and dinner could be weird for me at some locations because of layout, atmosphere, etc.

This will be my first solo trip, so any advice would be helpful.

Thanks! :drinking1

I'll be in WDW for the 24 hours on the 24th. I have a lunch reservation at the Plaza for lunch on that day if anyone is looking for a break from the festivities. PM me if you are interested.

Hi everyone!!

Although I am hoping to meet some people to dine with during my September trip, I realize that it may not be possible for all or any of my meals.
I was wondering if anyone had any favorite spots for solo dining...maybe places where it feels a little less awkward to be alone. I never feel uncomfortable eating breakfast alone, but lunch and dinner could be weird for me at some locations because of layout, atmosphere, etc.

I am going solo from 9/4 thru 9/13. This will be my 3rd solo trip and I had the same trepidations you had on my first one. Dont worry about it. I have eaten solo all over the place with no issues and a lot of fun. I normally go in Sep (cause it's my birthday) and take advantage of free dining. Several times other folks have "adopted" me during the meal and invited me over to their table. I have met a lot of really nice people that way!

I am going solo from 9/4 thru 9/13. This will be my 3rd solo trip and I had the same trepidations you had on my first one. Dont worry about it. I have eaten solo all over the place with no issues and a lot of fun. I normally go in Sep (cause it's my birthday) and take advantage of free dining. Several times other folks have "adopted" me during the meal and invited me over to their table. I have met a lot of really nice people that way!

Thanks Mikeypro!
I decided to go for it. I even booked a character breakfast at Chef Mickey's!!
I just have to remember that nobody cares if I am solo and most likely aren't even paying attention to me!! lol ;)

Thanks Mikeypro!
I decided to go for it. I even booked a character breakfast at Chef Mickey's!!
I just have to remember that nobody cares if I am solo and most likely aren't even paying attention to me!! lol ;)

You're going to have a blast. Only character meal I booked was Crystal Palace on the 10th (MNSSHP night).

I will be traveling to Disney solo and would love to meet new people for a meal or maybe even the entire day. I haven't booked anything, but I doubt if I would still be on time?!

9/4 MK - Ohana
9/5 Epcot - Biergarten
9/6 AK - Boma
9/7 MK - Trails End
9/8 HS - Cape May Clam Bake
9/9 Epcot - Chefs de France
9/10 MK - MNSSHP - Crystal Palace
9/11 HS/Epcot - Rose and Crown
9/12 AK - Ragland Road
9/13 MK/Epcot - Biergarten

Also going to Universal on the 9/1 and 9/2 - this is my 60th Birthday celebration, and I'm going solo. Love to meet up with some other fun loving Dis'ers - Will no doubt drink around the world a couple of times - certainly on the 5th.

Hi everyone!!

Hi!! What are your dates?! I had a person drop out of our trip so all our adrs are for 4 when there's 3 of us! You'd be more than welcome to join in youre there the 11-19th!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter