Dilemma,help!

j9710

Earning My Ears
We are 4 adults 2 children. I booked 2 rooms at pofq. Going aug 19-26. We have 3 big eaters in our group and have planned on table service each night. We also have a 2 year old. Magic kingdom 3 times,epx1,akx1,dsx1. Plan on leaving park midday for pool time and returning around5. Should I hold off for free dining or take the ta discount at one of the deluxes? Thank you in advance.

My personal opinion: I would take the $ off the room rather than free dining. Now, I have never gotten free dining so this is from just things I have read. I think you can do better paying out of pocket for food. I have the ta discount and the amount of $ I am saving, we would never eat that much food. I would have to spend more than $360/day (there are 4 of us) on food to break even with the discounted room I received. Also, we tend to do only a couple of ts meals during our trip- most are qs. For 2 reasons: I don't want to have to plan out every meal 6 months in advance ( because then you are also planning your daily schedule and that is too far ahead for me), plus I would rather spend times on rides, shows, etc then time eating.
Hope this makes sense:rolleyes2

We are 4 adults 2 children. I booked 2 rooms at pofq. Going aug 19-26. We have 3 big eaters in our group and have planned on table service each night. We also have a 2 year old. Magic kingdom 3 times,epx1,akx1,dsx1. Plan on leaving park midday for pool time and returning around5. Should I hold off for free dining or take the ta discount at one of the deluxes? Thank you in advance.

If a deluxe resort is an option, you could book that now and watch for FD. If FD is released/available for your dates/resort, you could always cancel and rebook under FD. Since there's no guarantee FD or any other discount will be offered for your dates, I'd book with the room discount now so you have something and change/modify later if you can. Good luck!

POFQ is not typically included in free dining. With the construction at CBR and so many people jumping ship to POR it seems possible that they may be excluded from free dining as well, and even if they're not, it's likely they may not have many rooms available which would make getting free dining there difficult. It's very possible you night not be able to snag free dining at a moderate or that your dates might not qualify, whereas if you accepted the TA discount now on the deluxe, at least that discount would be a guarantee. Still, I would compare the price of wherever you think you could get free dining at (again don't count on POFQ) and the TA deluxe rate, taking into consideration how much you would spend out of pocket for food as well as the differences in accommodations and amenities between each resort considered.

If a deluxe resort is an option, you could book that now and watch for FD. If FD is released/available for your dates/resort, you could always cancel and rebook under FD. Since there's no guarantee FD or any other discount will be offered for your dates, I'd book with the room discount now so you have something and change/modify later if you can. Good luck!

My thoughts as well.

I'm confused about your party size and question. Do you have 2 or 3 kids (is the 2-year old included in your 4 adults and 2 children)? Are you trying to compare two rooms at a moderate with "free dining" verses one room at a deluxe?

Here is a link to historical discounts and when they came available: https://www.mousesavers.com/historical-information-on-walt-disney-world-resort-discounts/#codetrends

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter