Digital Membership Card?

Many members that are blue card eligible are getting the "ND" due to a purchase later of a resale with restrictions and this is the problem. Many are like us grandfathered in from our resale purchase long before any restrictions on resale. Disney/DVC IT says they are aware and they are working on the fix to this but based on their past I have little faith they will get it fixed anytime soon. They say to print off the blue card image from the member website and use it but many are reporting that many cast members are still not aware of this and are refusing to except this printed blue card as proof. It is a real mess and if DVC/Disney IT had just done their homework on this change this would not be a issue at all..ºoº

They do not scan the code and for the AP, you show the actual card. If your DH does not have his own MDE and his own DVC account, the affiliations will not show.

If you are not seeing the DVC Y by the time you go, download the blue temporary digital blue card from the website and have that handy to show,

Hello,
I will do that, just in case
thank you

Yes, you can still use an AP card to get any applicable AP discounts.

The code that displays on the Disney MagicMobile Pass is in no way related to your membership. It's like the code on the back of a MagicBand as it links the Disney MagicMobile Pass to your MDE profile.
Thank you for the information

They do not scan the code and for the AP, you show the actual card. If your DH does not have his own MDE and his own DVC account, the affiliations will not show.

If you are not seeing the DVC Y by the time you go, download the blue temporary digital blue card from the website and have that handy to show,

Mine says DVC Y, Annual, is the Y after the DVC means Yes for discounts ?
He has a blue card with his name on it, but he doesn't have his own MDE account or DVC account.

Mine says DVC Y, Annual, is the Y after the DVC means Yes for discounts ?
He has a blue card with his name on it, but he doesn't have his own MDE account or DVC account.

The Y is what you need to use the DVC discount. . If he wants the digital card, he will have to set up his own DVC and MDE account.

so if you don't use any of this digital crap, you cant go to Disney? I use the mde app, but never put a credit card on my magic band. always paid with either disney rewards card or the disney visa, or cash. Also the blue plastic dvc member card is no good either? At restaurants they would scan my band for the DVC discount, so i guess that will still work, and I paid with rewards card or visa.

so if you don't use any of this digital crap, you cant go to Disney? I use the mde app, but never put a credit card on my magic band. always paid with either disney rewards card or the disney visa, or cash. Also the blue plastic dvc member card is no good either? At restaurants they would scan my band for the DVC discount, so i guess that will still work, and I paid with rewards card or visa.

The blue plastic card is no longer valid. The new card is on the Magic Mobile app and will be the only way to get discounts once all the issues are figured out. For now, you can show your temporary blue card that can be downloaded from the member website.

I have always been asked to show proof of DVC so if you were not asked to show the card, I think you were lucky. I have been twice since this rolled out and most wanted to see the new affiliations on the MM app...mine is correct...but many said they would accept the temporary card as they have been told to be flexible.

But, once this is working properly, you will have to use it to access discounts.

The blue plastic card is no longer valid. The new card is on the Magic Mobile app and will be the only way to get discounts once all the issues are figured out. For now, you can show your temporary blue card that can be downloaded from the member website.

I have always been asked to show proof of DVC so if you were not asked to show the card, I think you were lucky. I have been twice since this rolled out and most wanted to see the new affiliations on the MM app...mine is correct...but many said they would accept the temporary card as they have been told to be flexible.

But, once this is working properly, you will have to use it to access discounts.
I would ask to show my card, or if AP, for discount, cashier or waiter would sometimes say it was all ready there as dvc or ap all ready for when made adr, if i am remembering correctly.

I would ask to show my card, or if AP, for discount, cashier or waiter would sometimes say it was all ready there as dvc or ap all ready for when made adr, if i am remembering correctly.

Mine showed it too but they still asked me to present the card to them. I have not yet been to a TS meal that I was not asked to show it. I would always start with we are DVC and AP. At the end, they would ask to see the card so they could run the discount...some even required the ID.

Now, I will say with the new MM app, I have been asked less for my ID than before because many CMS said the chances of me giving my watch to a stranger are slim. I guess we will see what happens in the next few months if this every gets fixed..

Food....Boma, CPalace, Topolinos, Trattoria Al forno to name a few

It has been 10% on meals for years now, at least for as long as I have been using since I stopped buying TIW. There are a few places that give DVC 15%...Via Napoli is one of the them!!!

Resale, ND here. No complaint but must I allow Google Pay (in order to even install MDE APP) if I don't use my phone to pay for anything?

Resale, ND here. No complaint but must I allow Google Pay (in order to even install MDE APP) if I don't use my phone to pay for anything?

You have to put it there to use Magic Mobile if you want, even if you don’t attach a card or pay.

I don't use a smart phone. I don't see well enough to use one. I have an old flip phone, so obviously cannot do all this downloading, magic mobile, etc, etc. I can bring a paper copy of the card from the website. I am blue card. Will I not be able to get any discounts?

I don't use a smart phone. I don't see well enough to use one. I have an old flip phone, so obviously cannot do all this downloading, magic mobile, etc, etc. I can bring a paper copy of the card from the website. I am blue card. Will I not be able to get any discounts?

You may indeed have trouble. All you can do is try. Unfortunately, DVC has not offered an alternative to those who do not have smart phones to download and use MM. My last trip the
CMs were definitely more strict about it, including a few times when I was behind DVC owners who had not yet done it. Though, most did allow them to get the discount, but with the line "I will this time, but you need to get the new one installed."

You may indeed have trouble. All you can do is try. Unfortunately, DVC has not offered an alternative to those who do not have smart phones to download and use MM. My last trip the
CMs were definitely more strict about it, including a few times when I was behind DVC owners who had not yet done it. Though, most did allow them to get the discount, but with the line "I will this time, but you need to get the new one installed."
Thank you Sandi, that is what I am afraid may happen. I am guessing WDW is not going to make any accommodations for people who don't use smart phones. So I will not be able to get any discounts.

Edit: What is the phone number people are using to call about it? Maybe I can get some suggestions before I go. Thanks in advance.

facebook twitter