Digital Camera Kodak Users need your input! STAT!

ANTSS2001

<font color=deeppink>Talented Poet<br><font color=
Ok, :sad2: I need help. A couple of months ago I went back to using an SLR camera(what I really want is to upgrade this SLR of mine to a digital SLR but then I have to choose between a trip to WDW or the upgrade) :rotfl: . Used it last January when I was in WDW. Also I have a 2 year old cybershot 2.1 which is still good for day time pics but not as good for night time pics though. Now I am debating if I want to get another cybershot(7.1)which I already have checked out so many times But what's stopping me is I don't want to spend $500.00 :cold: for a another camera. Now my question is I am looking at Kodak EasyShare CX7530 5-Megapixel Digital Camera and Kodak DX4530 5.0MP Digital Camera which is much cheaper than the Sony Cybershot but I don't know anybody who owns one to ask them the quality and it's function. Sorry I have a "Sony syndrome" and trying to cure it. Help anybody. I need to make a decision in 10 days so I can use it on my next trip on April 15 :banana:

I don't have either of those models but I do have the DX7590 which is also 5.0 megapixels. I love it!!! Very user friendly and the photos turn out great.

My parents have one of those two Kodak models, and I have the Sony F717, 8 megapixel camera. I, too, agonized over the decision between the sony and kodak, and in the end went with the sony because I liked the lense better and thought some its features gave me more functions similar to that of an SLR. I also liked the video quality on the sony a bit better.

Having said that, I was just with my parents for Easter weekend, and we were taking pictures of the same things~ I would not be able to tell a difference in the picture quality of the two cameras, and I sure like the ease of the printer dock of mom's kodak! Her camera also seemed to go a bit faster than mine.

If money is the issue, I really think the Kodak would be great for you. Sony makes a great camera, but having seem my mom's Kodak perform, I wouldn't hesitate to buy one myself. IT was great.

Good luck, and please keep us posted on what you decide!

I have the Kodak DX 4530. It was a gift at Christmas. I haven't used it alot and I'm not very knowledgeable about cameras. That being said, it takes great pictures and is easy to use. I had an old Fuji (MX 500). I couldn't take it anywhere because it didn't hold a charge (it's good for my E-bay pics). If money is an issue, I would definetly get the Kodak.

I don't have the particular camera you are looking it. I think mine is 4 mega pixel Kodak but I love it. I have the printer dock and think that is just so easy and great quality pics. You can't tell I printer them at home.
good luck deciding

I have the DX 4530 Kodak and just love it. It is so easy to use and the pictures are just great. I never did get the printer because I am just to cheap to buy the ink. I go to CVS and print them there. This is the easiest camera I have ever used and the pictures are the best.

Did I tell you how much I love my new camera. Also, I spent all day taking pictures at WDW and would just charge it up at night. I do have the dock to recharge but not the printer.

Hope this helps and good luck.

Another vote for the DX4530!! :flower:

We got one for Christmas and took over 400 pictures with it on our trip in February. They came out great!
This camera is easy to use and small enough to carry around all day- but not too small that it's difficult to hold.

I love mine also. It takes great pictures and the printer is does a great job.

I also have the DX 4530 and love it. Had it since Nov. 2003. Bought the charging dock but not the printer. I use an HP 7960 to print all photos. Great 4 x 6 and great 8 x 10 photos. I print on Kodak ultima picture paper using the kodak software. Pictures come out fantastic.

I have the Kodak DX4530 and have been very happy with it. (And I got up at 5AM the day after Thanksgiving to get it!) It's great! I'll be taking mine in June! Can't wait! :cool1:

I don't have that particular model - I bought my Kodak EasyShare about two years ago. It is absolutely awesome for all of your digital picture needs. So I can only imagine that the newer models must be even better - especially 5 pixel. You don't even NEED 5 pixels unless you're planning to blow up your pictures to 8x10s! So I'd say go for it. It's a great investment, and you'll save a lot of money in the long run on developing costs, since you will probably only develop a fraction of the pictures you take with your SLR camera.

If you are worried about the quality of the camera, do a web search of somewhere like epinions or www.consumerreports.org - both are very helpful. Also, big stores that sell electronics (I'm in Canada, but I use FutureShop.ca) tend to have sections for reviews, so that's helpful to check out too. You might even find a camera, based on the reviews, that's even better and CHEAPER than the one you're currently looking at.

I have the Kodak DX4530. I bought it at Costco in a "bundle" that included the docking station. Then I bought the wide angle lens and lens attachment. I used to be a Realtor and with the camera and that lens I got absolutely beautiful photos of entire rooms (got about double the width as without the lens on). The thing I like best of all about my camera is the sports setting (icon of a running man) because even if I am not totally still my photos turn out crisp and clear. I also have an extra memory card that allows me to take a 21 minute video with it, although the videos are small and once you pick a setting (zoom or not) you can't change the camera setting while filming. Must stop the recording and then change your zoom. Anyway, the only only only thing I wish for is that someone would make a true (not a plastic bag) underwater housing for this one. Otherwise, IMHO it's just a perfect, user friendly camera that takes great shots. Oh PS they also fit a zoom lens. I'm taking it to WDW April 5th.

Thank You for all the inputs :cloud9: really appreciate this! I will finalize this camera dillema this weekend and I promise to keep you all posted! Have a great weekend my family here at DIS :love:

I have the Kodak Easy share CX7330. I love this camera. I bought the docking station also...the prints are great. I can email pics to those who have a computer and print out and snail mail reg. pics to those who dont have a computer. I think you would like it.

Southern4sure

Ness2289 said:
I have the Kodak DX4530 and have been very happy with it. (And I got up at 5AM the day after Thanksgiving to get it!) It's great! I'll be taking mine in June! Can't wait! :cool1:

Me too! I love it :cool1: It takes awesome pictures, very bright and clear and it's just the perfect size. I also switched from an SLR to digital and am loving how small this camera is. I can stick it right in my purse. And man have I saved money on film and developing. I get prints from winkflash for .08 each.

I'm sorry to piggyback on this thread - my apologies to ANTSS2001!

BUT:

I have a Kodak DX7440, and while I love this camera, I have a problem: if the light isn't very bright, the pictures come out dark and grainy. I'm not talking about taking pictures in the dark, just any light that isn't super bright!

Am I doing something wrong? I'm clueless about cameras!

Any help would be appreciated!

Another vote for the Kodak. I have an older 3.2 megapixel (x64??) but it exceeds in every way. Picture quality, movie clip taking, ease of use.

Save the money and buy a Kodak printing station too. You'll love it.

this is a little ot, but I am wondering if when you have the printer dock you have to print photos as they are or can you pop them up on the computer and tweak them a bit first? I am a bit of a perfectionist about photos and I really like to crop all the background stuff out and do a levels autofix before I print. TIA for anyone's help! That is the only thing holding me back from the printer dock. I have a Kodak and I love it, have never had a Sony though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!