Difference in DVC deluxe dining plan?

goofy78

DIS Veteran
I was thinking of adding the deluxe dining plan through the DVC website. I am seeing that it states the following-

Disney Deluxe Dining Plan

For each night of your reserved stay, each Guest in your party, ages 3 and over, will enjoy:
Three (3) Meals
Members may choose from any combination of select Walt Disney World Resort Quick-Service or Table-Service restaurant to use meal entitlements, as described below:
  • One (1) Quick-Service Meal
    Includes entrée, dessert (lunch and dinner only) and one single-serving non-alcoholic beverage or combo meal plus one dessert (lunch and dinner) and one single-serving non-alcoholic beverage. Guests ages 3-9 must choose from the children's menu if available. Children's menu includes an appetizer.
  • One (1) Table-Service Meal
    Includes entrée, dessert (lunch and dinner only) and one single-serving non-alcoholic beverage or one full buffet. Guests ages 3-9 must choose from the children's menu if available. Children's menu includes an appetizer.
Two (2) Snacks
Examples of items that are eligible snacks from select Snack Cart locations and select Quick-Service locations at a Disney Resort hotel include: frozen ice cream novelties, single-serving box of popcorn, single piece of whole fruit, single-serving bag of chips, 6-8-ounce soup or chili, single-serving cookie, muffin or slice of cake, medium fountain drink or juice, 20-ounce bottle of Coca-Cola®, Sprite® or Dasani Water, 12-ounce coffee, hot chocolate or hot tea.

One (1) Rapid Fill Resort Refillable Mug
Eligible for refills at Self-Service Beverage Islands and Quick-Service locations at any Disney Resort hotel.

Note: Applicable taxes are included, but Gratuities are not.

I pulled up the brochure for 2017 and it says that an appetizer is included with the table service meal. So are the DVC dining plans different?

Likely a typo. This seems to happen every year - they copy verbiage from the basic DDP and forget to edit it in the DxDP literature. You'd think they'd have a post-it note somewhere to double check this by now.

The other problem with what you have copied is the QS meal no longer includes dessert. They really need to get these things fixed. On a side note, I've been trying to pull up the DDP pdf on the Disney website for a couple days now, and Stitch ate it, so maybe they are working on getting everything uniform.

What you're seeing is that DVC doesn't update their site in a timely way, or proofread the interns' work.

There is no difference. There is no special flag on the dining plan that makes it a special database entry while at a POS or paying a server. It's the same plan. DVC just are terrible communicators.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter