• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Difference between Hilton & Wynham Bonnett Creek

LMO429

DIS Veteran
What are the differences between the Hilton and Wynham Bonnett Creek? Which is the one that is on disney property?

other than the swan and dolphin what other hotels are considered on disney property? TIA

We stayed at both resorts last October. I would have assumed that I would have liked the Hilton better but I didn't. We were in a 1-BR suite at the Hilton Bonnet Creek and a 3-Bedroom Presidential at the Wyndham Bonnet Creek.

Both resorts are located off of the Chelonia Parkway, so they are basically in the same location. The resorts are close to the parks like the Swan/Dolphin or DTD hotels BUT note that these resorts are not within walking distance of any Disney Parks or DTD. Think of it location-wise as being at one of the Moderate or Value resorts but with Deluxe resort amenities.

We really enjoyed our stay at both resorts but I would say we preferred our stay at the Wyndham Bonnet Creek more.

Here's why...

1. The Hilton seemed a little stuffy. It didn't have a homey feel at all.
  2. The Hilton didn't have a balcony. The balcony at the Wyndham was huge!
  3. The Wyndham seemed to have more choices for dining.
  4. The Wyndham has free putt-putt.
  5. The Wyndham has more pool hopping choices.
  6. The Wyndham Grande Hotel (located adjacent to the Wyndham Bonnet Creek) has babysitting in the form of a kids club.
  7. You have a full kitchen in the Wyndham Bonnet Creek.

MerryBee

We stayed at both resorts last October. I would have assumed that I would have liked the Hilton better but I didn't. We were in a 1-BR suite at the Hilton Bonnet Creek and a 3-Bedroom Presidential at the Wyndham Bonnet Creek.

Both resorts are located off of the Chelonia Parkway, so they are basically in the same location. The resorts are close to the parks like the Swan/Dolphin or DTD hotels BUT note that these resorts are not within walking distance of any Disney Parks or DTD. Think of it location-wise as being at one of the Moderate or Value resorts but with Deluxe resort amenities.

We really enjoyed our stay at both resorts but I would say we preferred our stay at the Wyndham Bonnet Creek more.

Here's why...

1. The Hilton seemed a little stuffy. It didn't have a homey feel at all.
  2. The Hilton didn't have a balcony. The balcony at the Wyndham was huge!
  3. The Wyndham seemed to have more choices for dining.
  4. The Wyndham has free putt-putt.
  5. The Wyndham has more pool hopping choices.
  6. The Wyndham Grande Hotel (located adjacent to the Wyndham Bonnet Creek) has babysitting in the form of a kids club.
  7. You have a full kitchen in the Wyndham Bonnet Creek.

MerryBee

Thank you for the information. So basically to confirm they are both on disney property. are there any other hotels on disney property that are not disney owned.

The Waldorf Astoria is also at Bonnet Creek, and shares facilities with the Hilton. I've stayed at all 3 several times, and I like the Hilton the best...

There are also the Downtown Disney hotels, which while on the outskirts of property are also technically at Disney. There's a Hilton, Doubletree, among several others.

Given the choice, I do something at Bonnet Creek every time...

In addition to the three properties at Bonnet Creek already mentioned, there is now a fourth property at Bonnet Creek called the Wyndam Grand Resort, a hotel. We've stayed at the HBC and WBC and enjoyed both properties.

Thank you for the information. So basically to confirm they are both on disney property. are there any other hotels on disney property that are not disney owned.

Technically they aren't "on Disney Property". Hotels/resorts on Disney Property most people associate with certain perks such as package delivery from the parks, Disney Transportation, Dining Plan access, room charge ability, free park parking, Disney Package availability, etc. Using these qualifications, these resorts most definately are Off-site hotels/resorts.

BUT.... From a proximity standpoint, some people do consider them "On property". This is due in part because the bit of land they are located on is surrounded on 3 sides by Disney, and the 4th by I-4, which means that the only way to access the resorts is to go thru the Disney Arches and go thru Disney. It also means you are quite close and can see Disney landmarks all around you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter