Difference between Dream & Fantasy?

I l
Are there any real differences between the Dream and Fantasy?
i like the splash areas on the fantasy a little bit more, the aqua lab is neat.
They have different shows, beauty and the beast vs frozen or aladdin.

We were just on the dream and normally sail on the fantasy. Nothing really different. Being on the dream was just like being on the fantasy. The dream had a bar in the aft called waves which the fantasy doesn’t have. On deck 13 on the dream, there is a big attachment to satellite falls where the inner workings are, which the fantasy doesn’t have. Deck 12 forward on the dream is set up a little different than on the fantasy - has a small pool up there. We really like the dream.

The kids clubs are different if you have kids. Dream’s Oceaneer club has a disney infinity video game room where the Marvel room is on the Fantasy.

The bar/nightclub type areas also have different themes/decor but not all that different.

As one pp said, biggest difference was the shows.

One is named Dream, the other.... nevermind. :D

What the previous posters said!

Any other noticeable differences?
We sailed the Dream once previously and had very poor service in the dining room. I wasn’t sure if the Dream had slightly worse service because of all the turnover between 3 and 4 day cruises and the Fantasy has now consistent service because of longer cruises

We sailed the Dream once previously and had very poor service in the dining room. I wasn’t sure if the Dream had slightly worse service because of all the turnover between 3 and 4 day cruises and the Fantasy has now consistent service because of longer cruises
We just got off the Dream and I thought that the servers we had were really good. Even though it was only a 3 day trip they took time to do puzzles/quiz my teen and knew our names the second day on the ship when we saw them at Cabanas.

The dessert shop has a different name and theme. On Fantasy, it's Sweet On You and it's themed like a cute cafe. On Dream, it's Vanellope's Sweets & Treats and it's themed with stuff from Wreck-It Ralph.

Are there any real differences between the Dream and Fantasy?

There are a good amount of differences. Some small, some large. Most of the time, the thing that decides for people which ship to choose is the itinerary/length of cruise.

The theming on board is different, Shows are different. Some of the pool deck offerings are different (Hot tubs in the family area on the dream vs Splash puddle on the fantasy). Shows are different on each ship. The adult areas are themed completely differently as well.

So if you love the Dream it would be safe to say you will be happy with the Fantasy ?? I hate massive change and from what I’m reading this sounds great!! I have not been on Fantasy and booked a 7 night cruise - I just love the Dream !! Then I’m going to get brave and try the brand new ship and not wait so long !! Haa haa
Thank You for this what a relief !!

So if you love the Dream it would be safe to say you will be happy with the Fantasy ?? I hate massive change and from what I’m reading this sounds great!! I have not been on Fantasy and booked a 7 night cruise - I just love the Dream !! Then I’m going to get brave and try the brand new ship and not wait so long !! Haa haa
Thank You for this what a relief !!

Honestly, I love both. The offerings on board are very similar. You might find some more "unusual" offerings with the longer sailing that you wouldn't normally find on the Dream. With the 7 night, you have the Drawn to Magic Show in Animators also which is a great time. Often there are more entertainment offerings/variety acts on the 7 night sailings. One of the really popular ones was buckets and boards. Everyone really seemed to enjoy that one although we didn't go to the show.

The 7 nights allows you to get to know your serving team really well. We have had the same level of service on both ships. The 7 night also has a second round of menus (2 nights in each dining room and 1 pirate night menu). The second set of menus that you usually wouldn't find on the Dream are great.

The funnel puddle on the Dream is a hot tub?

The Hot Tubs that are in the family pool area in Deck 11 on the Dream that used to be in the same place on the fantasy were converted to a water splash/play pool on the Fantasy. The "Funnel Puddle" on the Fantasy... I actually can't remember if there is one on the Dream or not.

Ahh ok thanks. I know what area you are talking about. My 4 yr old liked that little pool on the fantasy and I couldn’t remember seeing it on the Dream

The ships are more or less exactly the same however we believe that the aft "adult and nighttime" area on the Fantasy is much better with the amazing La Piazza bar. Outside of that if you were in one of the dining rooms or up on deck you could get confused as to what ship you're on.

I don't think that can be attributed to the ship in general. More likely, it was a new-ish team who maybe hadn't worked together very long. Some serving teams are just better than others, and that is across ships.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter