Dieting for the Dream 8-29-2012

My water aerobics seems to be paying off! I am down 3 lbs from last week, now if I can just keep it that way over the weekend! I'll be at the pool all day tomorrow with my 2 kids and 3 nieces, so there'll be plenty of chasing kids to keep me moving :)

:cool1: Just wanted to encourage and praise your weight loss efforts!! And for all those (one mentioned needing to lose 100) still working at it...keep it up! Take one day at a time!! Our 20th anniversary cruise is Sept 8..just after you guys, funny thing is our anniversary is actually August 29th! :) I've lost 65 pounds in a year and am doing Slim Fast these next two weeks to break my plateau..I've been walking 30 miles a week and eating under 1200 calories and losing 1-2 pounds a week, I just want ONE whoosh week of 4 pounds gone! :) Hoping the slimfast will help! Feels like it is :)
Can't wait to see you and your pictures from the cruise!! :) Congrats to all those who have learned the steps to healthy eating!! :) Every 10 pounds down I feel BETTER and BETTER!! So encouraging!! :)
pixiedust:

:cool1: Just wanted to encourage and praise your weight loss efforts!! And for all those (one mentioned needing to lose 100) still working at it...keep it up! Take one day at a time!! Our 20th anniversary cruise is Sept 8..just after you guys, funny thing is our anniversary is actually August 29th! :) I've lost 65 pounds in a year and am doing Slim Fast these next two weeks to break my plateau..I've been walking 30 miles a week and eating under 1200 calories and losing 1-2 pounds a week, I just want ONE whoosh week of 4 pounds gone! :) Hoping the slimfast will help! Feels like it is :)
Can't wait to see you and your pictures from the cruise!! :) Congrats to all those who have learned the steps to healthy eating!! :) Every 10 pounds down I feel BETTER and BETTER!! So encouraging!! :)
pixiedust:

Thank you for all of your support !!! And congratulations on your weight loss and committment to being healthy :)

My water aerobics seems to be paying off! I am down 3 lbs from last week, now if I can just keep it that way over the weekend! I'll be at the pool all day tomorrow with my 2 kids and 3 nieces, so there'll be plenty of chasing kids to keep me moving :)

That is so awsome. Keep up the good work :thumbsup2

pixiedust:

I'd love to hear if the slimfast helped in breaking the plateau.

Hi all, sorry I've been away so long. It's been a very busy month with school ending, dance recitals, birthdays and computer camp. We have one more camp to go (a weekend mother-daughter Girl Scout camp) and one more birthday and then it's chill out till vacation (I still have to work though).
I figured I'd do one more post on our trip details and then let you guy know how the dieting is going.

As I mentioned in a previous post, we are going to FL 4 days early to spend time with my sister before the cruise. As it happens, my niece, my sister's oldest daughter who lives in Boston, had a baby last month. He's so cute I can't resist posting a photo of him. Here he is on his very first day.

BabyBenjamin2.jpg

That's my grand nephew Benjamin and I'm very happy to have him in my life. Anyway, because of Benjamin's birth my sister has been up twice and so we've had some time to discuss plans for our trip. My sister has Sunday and Monday's off work so I decided to let her plan our time for those days. Keep in mind I'm a planner, so giving up control to someone else is a big deal for me. The only thing we really want to do while there is go to Kennedy Space Center. I told her if she wants to go with us, that's great, otherwise we'll go on Tuesday before the cruise.

We fly in on Sat and I have a big surprise planned for Sarah on that day. She somehow heard that the Fantasy had a Bibbidi Boppidi Boutique on board and thought there would be one on our ship. I've explained several times that our ship doesn't have one and she cannot go to the spa either since it is adult only. So the big surprise is that We are going to stay one night in downtown disney and then go to Cocoa Beach. We fly in via Southwest Saturday afternoon and are staying at the Lake Buena Vista Resort with a Disney view suite. Sarah has a late afternoon reservation at the Downtown Disney Bibbidi Boppidi Boutique and then as a nice surprise for the rest of the family we have reservations at T-rex. Then it's back to our hotel room to watch illuminations from our balcony. I've only told DH of my plans and I know he won't remember every detail, so this should work out as a nice surprise. As a nice plus, I think on Sunday we'll visit the Disney outlet stores before driving to Cocoa Beach.

Once at Cocoa Beach, I have a suite reserved at the Country Inn & Suites. The plan is to check in and then meet up with my sister for whatever she has planned for us. I'm thinking it will be an afternoon of visiting and swimming in her pool followed by dinner on Sunday, and then she will have an outing planned for Monday. My sister is also a big planner/organizer/controlling personality, so this is why I trust that whatever she does will be great. In fact, in many ways she is the standard that I live up to (but that is really a discussion for my therapist and I :).

A few weekends ago, MIL and I got together to plan our cruise activities. We decided that we would have nothing really planned for our Nassau day. We will hang out on the ship in the morning and then walk around Nassau for a few hours after lunch. I know for sure we will go to the straw market. Sarah thought about having her hair braided, but when I explained that there would be a lot of hair pulling she decided against it.

The one thing that we all agreed on doing is snorkeling on Castaway Key. I really wanted to do the bike rental as well, but DH said no. I knew that if his mother said she wanted to do it then he would agree. So while we were all there I said we had a choice. We could do just the snorkel rental or do the rental for snorkel, bike and float for the whole day. MIL said she wanted to do all three. DH tried to poo poo the idea, but MIL said she wanted to do the bikes. Of course DH gave in. After 15 years of marriage, I've learned a few things about how to get DH to agree to things, and I'm not above using MIL to get what I want. She's usually in cahoots with me anyway. :rotfl2:

The other thing that MIL and I really wanted to do is a spa treatment. I was really surprised to find that many of the options at the spa were already booked. My advise to anyone is book early if you have something you really want to do. On our at sea day MIL has booked a massage in the morning and I have a facial booked at the same time. I used to get a massage gift certificate every year from DH for mother's day. Then I learned that if you have a facial that you also get a little mini massage. So from then on I was hooked on facials. I told this to MIL but she said she wants a full massage. So she's having a massage. While browsing the spa offerings I noticed that they also have personal training. I go to a very cut rate gym that offers no extras like classes or personal training so I thought it might be a good idea to spend some time with a trainer. On the morning of our Spa day, I will go early for some personal training and then get MIL for our spa treatments. We should be done by late morning and then will meet up with DH and the kids for whatever else is going on that day.

That's about it for our trip planning. I want to post more about the dieting. I'm still working toward my goal and am excited to let you know how it's been going and to hear how you guys are doing as well.

As I mentioned, I was 157lbs when I started my "Diet for the Dream". Like most women, I used to be skinny before I had kids. Here I am in my 20's on one of my first trips to Disney (I'm not sure if this is Disneyworld or Disneyland, if anyone can tell let me know).

Disney20s.jpg

This looks like it was taken at Disneyland! :thumbsup2

I am also dieting for my first Disney cruise, but I have quite a bit more to lose - almost 100 lbs. Luckily our cruise isn't until February 2013, so if I don't get there completely, I should be pretty close!

Anyway, good luck!

I thought it was probably Disneyland, but didn't want to say so. I went to Disneyland and Disneyworld within about a 2 year time span but since I was wearing long sleeves I thought it was more likely to be CA and not FL.

Also throwing you out some pixiedust: on the 100 lbs, you've got some time so keep working at it. pixiedust:

Found a post on pinterest that led me to a bodybuilder website yesterday. NO I do not plan to become a huge buff body builder, lol. I found a good weight loss plan there though and I'm starting it today :)

The first 4 weeks call for NO cardio, BUT there is a weight lifting routine to follow. It also has great nutrition guidance. The reason for the no cardio had to do with not wanting to burn off the energy needed to build muscles and once you strengthen your muscles you'll increase your metabolism and burn even more fat when doing cardio. (or something like that, probably worded way better on the other website.)

I've got my small meals planned for every 3 hours today :)

Found a post on pinterest that led me to a bodybuilder website yesterday. NO I do not plan to become a huge buff body builder, lol. I found a good weight loss plan there though and I'm starting it today :)

The first 4 weeks call for NO cardio, BUT there is a weight lifting routine to follow. It also has great nutrition guidance. The reason for the no cardio had to do with not wanting to burn off the energy needed to build muscles and once you strengthen your muscles you'll increase your metabolism and burn even more fat when doing cardio. (or something like that, probably worded way better on the other website.)

I've got my small meals planned for every 3 hours today :)

I'd love to hear how it's going.

I'd love to hear if the slimfast helped in breaking the plateau.

I feel it really has! I have lost 6 pounds in 2 weeks! And I was on my TOM for the first week and never lose during that...I can not do it for more than 2-3 weeks..I think I am becoming lactose intolerant or slimfast intolerant, just makes me gassypirate: but it has helped curb my appetite! You are so close to cruise! Hope you are getting excited!:cheer2:

I'd love to hear how it's going.

:sad2: It's been hard to fit in going to the gym to get the weight lifting in. (My Dad was diagnosed with metastatic melanoma in stage IV the week I started and so we had to squeeze in a couple of oncology appointments and hopefully on Monday he'll start treatment.)

I tried starting the 17 day diet a few days ago and even bought the book, which is actually a really good read! I'm thinking I could combine the nutrition part of it with the livefit weight lifting and give it another try! The hardest part of this 17 diet has been remembering to bring my fruits, veggies, and yogurt to work with me and then I get hungry and cheat. I've been pretty good today, but I think I'll start fresh tomorrow!

I bought a bikini for the cruise. Holy cow! Tried it on, really on a whim, and thought, wow, I could really wear this! Still have 10 pounds til my goal, and two weeks til the cruise, but we'll see how it goes! DS9 has already said he wants to be as far away from mom in a bikini as he can get but hopefully I won't clear the pool deck! LOL Keep up the good work, ladies!

CJNIX-WOW, keep it up, I am soooo jealous! I tried a bikini on earlier this summer and wanted to run far far away from myself! lol.

OK, now that things are slightly more stable around here I am on Day 2 of the 17 day diet. I didn't have time last night to fit in the weight lifting portion of the livefit and also won't be able to do it tonight as I'll be driving 2 1/2 hours to pick my mom up. I guess I could bring my shake weight in the van! LOL.

I bought a bikini for the cruise. Holy cow! Tried it on, really on a whim, and thought, wow, I could really wear this! Still have 10 pounds til my goal, and two weeks til the cruise, but we'll see how it goes! DS9 has already said he wants to be as far away from mom in a bikini as he can get but hopefully I won't clear the pool deck! LOL Keep up the good work, ladies!

That is awsome congrats. Nothing better than being surprised by how good you look.

OK, now that things are slightly more stable around here I am on Day 2 of the 17 day diet. I didn't have time last night to fit in the weight lifting portion of the livefit and also won't be able to do it tonight as I'll be driving 2 1/2 hours to pick my mom up. I guess I could bring my shake weight in the van! LOL.

How's it going?

Hey all. Sorry for the long delays between posts. Things have gotten extremely busy with work.

Here's the update on the diet. I'm down 25 pounds! I'm so phyched I can't tell you. I calculated my bmi yesterday it came out to 24.9. I'm no longer overweight. That's the good news. The bad news is that we leave for vacation in one week and I'm 5 pounds short of my goal. I'm thinking if I really work at it I could drop 2 pounds this week. I'm a bit disappointed with myself for not keeping my eyes on my goal. There were a couple of weeks there where I really slacked off.

I no longer am using the slimfast. I stopped using it about a month ago. I will still take one now and then for lunch, but that's it. I knew that it was going to slow down the weight loss, but I also knew that I had to get adjusted to eating real food again. The trick is portion control. I'm not counting calories per se, but I do keep and eye on what I eat. So, I figured out some meals that I can have for breakfast and lunch that are around 200 calories and I stick to that. I have an afternoon snack which is usually a piece of fruit or some cheese. For dinner, I make sure I have a salad with very little dressing and watch my carb portions. And of course, I drink lots of water/no calorie drinks throughout the day. It seems to be working.

I've been thinking about it and have definitely learned some things. First of all, I've changed my eating habits for good. If you told me a year ago that I could eat a 200 calorie breakfast and feel full till lunch I never would have believed it. Back then I was eating a bowl of oatmeal (double of what I have now) and then would have a snack mid-morning. Second, I've learned to manage my time to fit in daily exercise. It's not always a 2 hour trip to the gym, but I know I can manage to get something in each day. I also have really increased my endurance. Even when I was younger and fit, I was never a jogger. I just couldn't do it without pains in my legs and had trouble getting a comfortable pace. Lately, I've been jogging a bit. I still don't think it's for me, but I can run about a mile no problem.

I'm going to readjust my goal. My birthday is in November. So I'm going to reset my goal weight to 125 pounds by my birthday. That's a total of 7 pounds in about 3 months. Definitely doable. After that, no matter what I'm in maintenance mode.

Hey all. Sorry for the long delays between posts. Things have gotten extremely busy with work.

Here's the update on the diet. I'm down 25 pounds! I'm so phyched I can't tell you. I calculated my bmi yesterday it came out to 24.9. I'm no longer overweight. That's the good news. The bad news is that we leave for vacation in one week and I'm 5 pounds short of my goal. I'm thinking if I really work at it I could drop 2 pounds this week. I'm a bit disappointed with myself for not keeping my eyes on my goal. There were a couple of weeks there where I really slacked off.

I no longer am using the slimfast. I stopped using it about a month ago. I will still take one now and then for lunch, but that's it. I knew that it was going to slow down the weight loss, but I also knew that I had to get adjusted to eating real food again. The trick is portion control. I'm not counting calories per se, but I do keep and eye on what I eat. So, I figured out some meals that I can have for breakfast and lunch that are around 200 calories and I stick to that. I have an afternoon snack which is usually a piece of fruit or some cheese. For dinner, I make sure I have a salad with very little dressing and watch my carb portions. And of course, I drink lots of water/no calorie drinks throughout the day. It seems to be working.

I've been thinking about it and have definitely learned some things. First of all, I've changed my eating habits for good. If you told me a year ago that I could eat a 200 calorie breakfast and feel full till lunch I never would have believed it. Back then I was eating a bowl of oatmeal (double of what I have now) and then would have a snack mid-morning. Second, I've learned to manage my time to fit in daily exercise. It's not always a 2 hour trip to the gym, but I know I can manage to get something in each day. I also have really increased my endurance. Even when I was younger and fit, I was never a jogger. I just couldn't do it without pains in my legs and had trouble getting a comfortable pace. Lately, I've been jogging a bit. I still don't think it's for me, but I can run about a mile no problem.

I'm going to readjust my goal. My birthday is in November. So I'm going to reset my goal weight to 125 pounds by my birthday. That's a total of 7 pounds in about 3 months. Definitely doable. After that, no matter what I'm in maintenance mode.

Just now reading this, I'm new to the boards, but wanted to say congratulations!! :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter