Diet & Cruise

My best suggestion for weight loss on the cruise is to watch what you eat and hit the fitness center every day. I ate whatever I wanted, but was VERY strict on portion size. Two bites of dessert is as satisfying as a whole thing. I lost 3 pounds on one 7 day cruise, and broke even on the next one.

My usual trick is to try to lose a few pounds in the weeks before the cruise so that I don't feel too bad if I gain 1-2 while cruising.

I've really stepped up my workout and diet routine as I'd like to drop 30 before August cruising (also, last summer's shorts won't fit if I don't drop 10!

I'll echo the use of the stairs. You really can feel better about yourself doing that. I did allow myself to use the elevator when in evening dress and heels, but removed the shoes and walked the stairs at the end of the evening.

6griswolds said:
:confused3 I have a question. I started a diet 2 weeks ago. I have busted my hump on the treadmill (3x a day) and watched what I eat VERY closely. I just weighed myself and I haven't lost ANYTHING!! Or gained for that matter. It is very frustrating. I don't know why this is. Anyway...I don't see how you can gain weight on a 7 day cruise in that short of time. If I can't lose an ounce in 2 weeks.....how can someone gain? BTW....this diet biz is all new to me so most likely I haven't a clue about losing weight. :confused3

If you are hitting the treadmill 3 times a day, it could be that you have replaced the fat you lost with muscle from using the treadmill. That is really not that uncommon. Keep going. If you really have replaced fat with muscle, you will start seeing result really quickly because your increased muscle mass will help your body burn calories more efficiently.

As for gaining weight during a 7 day cruise....oh, it can be done. I did on a 4 day cruise....breakfast in the dining room....morning snack poolside....lunch in the dining room...snack poolside....dinner in the dining room....midnight buffet. Oh, and did I mention booze???? The weight didn't show up until about 3 days after the cruise, but it showed up big time. Not like 10 pounds, but 5 pounds did. I was eating stuff with lots of fat (9 calories per gram rather than 4 calories per gram for protein and carbs). I didn't see a desert I didn't like and turned my nose up at fruits and veggies.

But, don't freak out. Don't think of the cruise as a license to eat anything and everything you see. Use common sense.....something I completely lost on that first cruise.

BTW, day 3 of getting fit for the cruise was a success. :banana: Thanks for helping to keep me honest! I think I'll check out W.I.S.H., thanks!!!!

The weight didn't show up until about 3 days after

I read somewhere that it takes three days to add weight. So that lunch I had at Cheesecake factory today and cheesecake I had for dessert tonight won't catch up with my body til Saturday! I just try to keep in the back of my mind "remember...3,000 calories is a pound" . It's easier to eat 3,000 than burn them off!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter