"Didn't you see our first movie? We drive..." An August 2012 TR The new TR is up!!!

Disney on Ice! Part 2

They started off with “I Have a Dream” and then Rapunzel came out.
136uq.jpg

Then they took the props away and started the story.

138dt.jpg

140bi.jpg

Then Flynn, excuse me, Eugene came out and Rapunzel wacked him with a frying pan.

Flynn was just ok looking. I don’t know where they get these guys. I mean, my CAT could be a better prince.

149rg.jpg

I loved how they added the painting since the last time we saw Disney on Ice. They added a lot of new props actually.
151lz.jpg

153wp.jpg

SEEE??? Not very good looking at all. I don’t know why, but he reminds me of Steve from Blues Clues. AND NO I DO NOT WATCH BLUES CLUES ANYMORE, if you were wondering. But if I remember, Steve looked a lot heavier, or maybe it was his green sweater. I don’t even know if he was fat at all.
154xj.jpg

Then Maximus came out and he is just awesome.
156zc.jpg

Then long story short (which is a really good band, and I had dinner with the lead singer. Don’t ask), Eugene takes Rapunzel to see the lanterns.
160mp.jpg

Then they danced and sing (they really do sound like Mandy Moore and Zachary Levi…)…
161if.jpg

160mp.jpg

164tm.jpg

Then they lived happily ever after and then it was time for Intermission.
167lw.jpg

168uw.jpg

I was debating on getting a snow cone since they were like 10 bucks and I would probably never use the cup again (not like that has happened or anything…) so I just said forget it. Intermission was about 10 minutes and of course the people came around trying to sell everything to you for a ridiculous price.

THIS IS AWESOME. #fiveyearsold #disneyonice

I saw people setting up for Brave and I went nuts. Brave is one of my all time favorite movies and I just love it so much.

They shut the light off and Mickey and pals came out once again.
174sc.jpg

Then Merida came out and I went nuts.
176yn.jpg

177sx.jpg

180hf.jpg

Everybody do the YMCA…
183hk.jpg

185rg.jpg

Then the three wee brothers came out and they looked cute, but scary at the same time. I was wondering how they were going to pull them off and they had the three of them sitting on barrels.
186iz.jpg

The weird thing was is that they didn’t have Merida’s father. I love her father and they didn’t even have him as a character. Who knows…

Then Queen Elinor announced how the three clans had to win Merida’s hand in marriage, so on and so on.
191mv.jpg

There are the brother and a lot of stupid bored people in the audience.
193wm.jpg

I don’t know why, but I think this picture is so funny.
194pd.jpg

Continued in next post​

Disney on Ice! Part 3

And this picture CRACKS ME UP.
195xr.jpg

“My name is Merida and I’ll be shootin’ for my own hand!”
198id.jpg

Then once she shot her arrow, fireworks came out of her bow, so it made this picture look cool.
199kk.jpg

Then it was got weird. Mickey came out and then Elinor and Merida were just skatin’ around and Mickey was saying how (SPOLIER ALERT!) Elinor turned into a bear and then her and Merida fixed their relationship…THE END!
201bk.jpg

I was like “WHAT THE CRAP IS THIS?!” No bears, no fighting, no bare butts, no witch, no cute wee bears, NOTHING! I guess they didn’t want to “scare” the little kids. Oh who cares?! Give the poor kids nightmares of ice-skating bears! Maybe that’s me just being mean, but Mickey just doesn’t magically show up in the middle of the movie and explain what happens.

Then they wrapped the ridiculously short segment for Brave up and went into Beauty and the Beast.

Gaston came out wearing kitchen gloves. You know, like what you wash the dishes with?
202vbm.jpg

Everyone was really into doing the YMCA that night…
204nq.jpg

Then Belle came out and read a book. Maybe it was a shorter version of the stupid one Mickey read for Brave.
210p.jpg

Then Belle twirled and such and we saw her underwear. “I see London! I see France! I see Belle’s underpants!”
211bd.jpg

Her underwear is even blue so it matches her dress.

MOVING ON!

212cv.jpg

213eh.jpg

Then all of a sudden she found Beast’s castle and Chip and Mrs. Potts came out followed by Cogsworth and Lumiere.

215ia.jpg

Then the Beast came out and he was so skinny. Like, it was ridiculous. It was probably a woman, just like Sebastian. We could so tell he was a woman because he had REALLY skinny legs.

217f.jpg

Beast’s Castle!
218e.jpg

Then they did Be Our Guest.
221i.jpg

226ur.jpg

They also had a chandelier come down from the ceiling that looked like it was made from plastic, but whatever. I guess Disney on Ice doesn’t have a very big budget. And they don’t have good people to pick out the princes.

Then the Beast apologized for how he acted to Belle and then he showed her the library.
229ak.jpg

230rk.jpg

234oq.jpg

Then Gaston came out and the people with the pitchforks and were yelling “KILL THE BEAST!” And that’s appropriate but the bears in Brave aren’t?! I will never get it…

This little boy in front of us was taking his Chip cup his snow cone came in and was holding it in the air and yelling “KILL THE BEAST!” Oh, kids these days. They are adorable, seriously.

Then the Beast transformed into Prince Adam and that was pretty much that.
244oz.jpg

Then they went backstage and then all the characters came out.

248o.jpg

253ddj.jpg

Then we exited and people were handing out flyers for the next Disney on Ice in December and I screamed “YEEESSS!!!” The woman handing them out was laughing at me. Sorry lady, things like this get me excited.

They were still selling stuff outside like a grab bag for 10 bucks filled with High School Musical stuff. I would have wanted it if I was six. Oh wait, I still am.

We got to the car and then I pretty much slept most of the way home

I have to say, it was a lot of fun, except for cutting parts out and not having good looking princes. I love going to Disney on Ice so I can get my Disney fix and plus we got the tickets really cheap and we had a great view. So all in all, we had a great time!​

Meg I really like your TR so far! I like how you show all the little details since you've been there so often. I loved your first MK morning picture of the balloons on Main Street. It just captured something... I don't know, special, like I imagined what you were feeling when you arrived and saw all the sights. :goodvibes

Meg, you crack me up! The tangents you go off on.... :rotfl:
Some of the princes were not THAT bad....and I do have to agree that the way they summed up Brave right in the middle of it was kind of odd. Otherwise, Disney on Ice was fun! You are too cute when we go.

I figured at the end of your report, you'd give some details about the rest of our Disney filled weekend, at the GKTW event today! And the great thing I won for you at the silent auction!!! :hyper:

Meg I really like your TR so far! I like how you show all the little details since you've been there so often. I loved your first MK morning picture of the balloons on Main Street. It just captured something... I don't know, special, like I imagined what you were feeling when you arrived and saw all the sights. :goodvibes

Thank you so much!!!
I LOVE taking pictures and I was trying to get every moment in as I could. It was just magical <3

Meg, you crack me up! The tangents you go off on.... :rotfl:
Some of the princes were not THAT bad....and I do have to agree that the way they summed up Brave right in the middle of it was kind of odd. Otherwise, Disney on Ice was fun! You are too cute when we go.

I figured at the end of your report, you'd give some details about the rest of our Disney filled weekend, at the GKTW event today! And the great thing I won for you at the silent auction!!! :hyper:

I know I'm funny. You don't have to tell me.
Um, yes they were!
I still can't stand how they did Brave. That just stunk.
I know I'm cute too. I'm like five years old for cryin' out loud.
I will get to that tonight, MOTHER!​

OMG I hope the brave disney on ice is the one that comes close to me in March,I'll totally put my daughter in her Merida dress,and maybe by then I'll buy the other one for my youngest(my oldest chose the blue merida dress,but I really like the green one)

OMG I hope the brave disney on ice is the one that comes close to me in March,I'll totally put my daughter in her Merida dress,and maybe by then I'll buy the other one for my youngest(my oldest chose the blue merida dress,but I really like the green one)

Yeah, the one we went to is called Rockin' Ever After.
I really like the green Merida dress. Not a huge fan of the blue one.​

I meant to tell you we watched the new Muppet movie for the first time this summer. Loved it so much more than I expected! "am I a man or a Muppet?" :)

Also, just because... I just went to Wawa for milk, it's two blocks from my house. They are everywhere here. I got a chuckle that it got a mention in your TR.

and... I have three nieces and a nephew who work for chik fil a. ;)

:thumbsup2 I'm in for your TR. :coffee:

:welcome: Glad you are here!

Did you roll your eyes like Merida when you typed that? :rotfl2: That's why you love her so much....you can totally relate. Just don't forget what happened to her mother! :dog2:

I might have...
And I know what happened to Elinor (DUH!). And you know that smiley is a dog and not a bear, right?​

I meant to tell you we watched the new Muppet movie for the first time this summer. Loved it so much more than I expected! "am I a man or a Muppet?" :)

Also, just because... I just went to Wawa for milk, it's two blocks from my house. They are everywhere here. I got a chuckle that it got a mention in your TR.

and... I have three nieces and a nephew who work for chik fil a. ;)

I LOVE THE MUPPET MOVIE. It is the best movie ever. OMG, Man or a Muppet is the best song EVER. It should win a Grammy.
Haha Wawa is great!
So does that mean you get free chicken from them? If you do, would you mind sending some to me? :-)

GKTW New England DISmeet!

Mum went to the New England DISmeet last year. It was also a fundraiser for Give Kids the World and they raised over $10,000! I don’t know where the crap I was last year. I don’t know how I could have missed it.

This year they organized another one and it was actually today!

So this morning, we had to get up early to go to it. We got home at around midnight last night (we were out partying…not so much) so we didn’t get a ton of sleep. The things we do for Disney! So we got up at about 7 and left the house at around 8:20. We had to stop at the bank and then at Dunkin’ Donuts to pick up some munchkins since they asked us to bring a breakfast item. We got a 50 count and when we got the box, I opened it and it looked like there was blood everywhere from the jelly donuts. They must be getting in the Halloween spirit.

They were having the meet in Ludlow, MA and that’s about an hour from where we live.

We got at the hall at 9:30 and they had a big lime green sign on the door with a big Mickey. WE WERE THERE! Then when we were pulling in, I kept looking at everybody’s Disney bumper stickers. When we found a parking spot, I said “I’m with my peeps!” Finally, I was surrounded by crazy Disney freaks just like me!

We followed the Mickey signs downstairs, checked in, and got our name tags. We got 10 raffle tickets too for the door prizes since we signed up early!

We walked around and looked at the silent auction items. They had some really cool prizes to bid on! Like a photo walk at the park of your choice, sip and snack around Epcot, a restaurant review, a Disney Christmas Village, park maps from 1996 including an ORIGINAL MAGIC KINGDOM PARK MAP FROM 1971. LIKE HOLY POOPS THAT WAS AMAZING. I was looking at it and next to every attraction of course, they had which ticket each one was. It was really cool.

Then we went over to look at the door prizes and they had a ton. Including the 101 Dalmatian McDonald’s toys from 1996 I think (and it was the whole set!), a DCL basket, gift cards, pins, a World’s Fair (1964-65!) DVD, and a ton more.

We sat at a table and filled out our 10 tickets we had already and then we got 15 more.

We put all our tickets with the stuff we wanted and then we went up to get some pastries. They had donuts, cinnamon buns, croissants, and I could go on and on. The stuff was very good! They also had coffee and juice.

We took our food and found a table. We sat with this couple that we talked to for over an hour. I cannot remember their names for the life of me but they’re Disney freaks so that’s all that counts.

They were telling us how they actually bought a house right outside Disney property and they are hoping they can move down soon. Since they were on trip 33, they thought they needed a place to stay and they are hoping to move down permanently. I wouldn’t mind moving in…

We talked about food (of course), D23 events, Disney books, and a ton more.

They were telling us about how they did this tour in California and you basically have to go around the Burbank and like the LA area and find Walt and Roy’s graves, the hospital where Walt died, and the studios. They also said where the original studio was is now a market and they have a plaque on the wall that says this was the first Walt Disney Studios!

And we found out they were actually at the Fanniversary Celebration D23 had in Boston in May. We were there too!

They were so nice and they gave us their email address because they are part of the Disneyana Fan Club and have meeting around New England so we are going to check that out.

They came around to take our pancake orders and Mum got plain and I got chocolate chip. You got two pancakes, watermelon and sausage and it was very good.

We talked to our new Disney friends some more and I kept going up to check if anyone bid on the photo walk. I didn’t think Mum would bid for it but I just had to keep checking.

They also gave us Friendly’s sundaes, a half hour after breakfast. It was like being at Disney!

The Silent Auction closed at 12. Mum told me she would bid for something I wanted and I couldn’t decide between the photo walk and the Disney Christmas Village. It was 11:55 and I still hadn’t decided. No bids on the photo walk. A ton of bids on the Village. I thought the photo walk would be a really cool experience so Mum wrote her name down and the amount she bid for. I stood there for the remaining three minutes guarding the paper for the photo walk so no one else would bid on it. And tons of people were doing the same with other stuff. Then someone yelled out “THE SILENT AUCTION IS CLOSED.” Then I went nuts. I GET TO DO THE PHOTO WALK WITH KATHY FROM THE PODCAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I’m not excited or anything…

I have the best mom ever. <3

I skipped back to our table with a big smile on my face.

They started the live podcast at noon. It was truly amazing. I have never listened to it before and I enjoyed it a ton today. I know what I will be listening to every Wednesday! And I have already subscribed to it on iTunes!

Pete (the founder of the DIS) was saying how this was the best DISmeet he had ever been to and he said he has been to a lot of them and they gave us a standing ovation! I felt very special. :-)

So of course they talked about the whole alcohol at the Magic Kingdom controversy. Now, I think it’s a bad idea, and so does Pete and everyone on the podcast. Disney is doing this for “storytelling,” which I think is ridiculous. Now, Walt never wanted alcohol at MK since it was a place to families to enjoy themselves. Mum and I (I wrote me and Mum at first then I changed it since I knew Mum would make a comment since she is Grammar Princess) were talking about it and we were saying that it’s getting kind of out of control at Epcot with the whole drinking around the world and we definitely don’t need stuff like that at the Magic Kingdom, even though it’s only going to be at Be Our Guest.
Only one person in the audience liked this whole thing and said that they will make more and the CMs will get paid more.
Pete was saying how the CMs should get paid more anyways with all the money they make every year and the alcohol is just another way for Disney to make more money.

After Pete’s rant was over, everything calmed down and people went up to ask question and this cute little old lady went up and was saying how she loved the event and she found out a few years ago what all this WDWing and DVCing was all about. She was adorable!

They took a 10 minute break in the middle of the podcast and then talked a little more after that about the whole weekend.

They also announced how much we raised for Give Kids the World…*drum roll*…you guys ready? OVER $13,000!!!! That is just amazing, seriously! I actaully found out tonight on the thread for the meet they they totaled everything out and it came over $14,000!!!!

The podcast ended and then they announced the winners for the door prizes and we didn’t win anything. Aw shucks! I was happy though :-)

They wrapped everything up after that and we said bye to our new friends and we talked to Kathy for a bit about the photo walk. I CAN’T WAIT!!!!

They made us take some pastries home since they had a ton left over. Then we left and headed back to the car.

It was truly an amazing day and we raised so much for a great cause. And I won a photo walk at my home, so it’s all good :-)

Maybe it's hard to find good looking guys who can ice skate really well? :lmao:IDK.

Your DISmeet today sounded awesome but it was posted funny and I had to keep scrolling back and forth across the page to read the whole thing and now I feel a little ill. Maybe that will fix itself...:confused3

Maybe it's hard to find good looking guys who can ice skate really well? :lmao:IDK.

Your DISmeet today sounded awesome but it was posted funny and I had to keep scrolling back and forth across the page to read the whole thing and now I feel a little ill. Maybe that will fix itself...:confused3

Don't mind me whatever was causing it to be HUGE is now over and it's back to a normal post size. :upsidedow

I guess good looking guys don't skate? :confused3
It was awesome!
Sorry about that! It actually looked like that because I put too many exclamation points and then I deleted a ton and it was all better!​

I hope you guys enjoyed the real life updates. Sure had a lot of Disney things this past weekend! And now we are back to your regularly scheduled program!

Another chocolate croissant gets devoured…

We headed towards Main Street and made our way out of the park.

358a.jpg

But first I wanted to go up to the train station and take some pictures!

363t.jpg

359eg.jpg

361s.jpg

360tx.jpg

I just LOVE it up there. Watching the fireworks from the train station would be amazing! I HAVE to do that one day.

Then we headed out of the park. The Boardwalk is the closest bus stop so we were going to just go there but then we noticed how long the line was. So we just went to the Beach Club. The bus was just pulling up so we made a mad dash. But of course, Mum can’t run AT ALL so I was yelling at her to hurry it up. She says it was the shoes she was wearing. Um yeah, I don’t think so.

We got on the bus and once we got back to the Beach Club, we went into the lobby and Mum sat on a couch and almost fell asleep because she was exhausted. Meanwhile, I went to the Marketplace and got a drink in our mug and then I saw the bakery items. I pretty much stood there for like 5 minutes eyeing the chocolate croissants. They looked INCREDIBLE. I kept debating whether to get one or not. I was drooling. I HAD to. So I got one out of the case and I was a very happy camper. So I paid and then went back to the lobby to see if Mum was snoring. She asked me what I got so I told her. Yes mother, I just had one like two hours ago. I do not care.

We went back to the room and I devoured this puppy (I call a lot of things puppies now because of Stacey. Cool people say stuff like that).
364j.jpg

IT WAS DELICIOUS. NOMS.

Mum asked if she could have a piece and I was like “umm sure why not…ARE YOU KIDDING MOI???” This woman was going to have a bite (yes, a bite) of MY chocolate croissant that I bought with my OWN money. Like, are you serious Mum? So I ripped her off a tiny piece and I cried. Tears were streaming down my face. Bye little piece of deliciousness! Mama will miss you! Actually I didn’t make that big of a scene, but I was crying on the inside. Yes, I know I still had 99.9% of it to eat still but I wanted it all to myself! I don’t like sharing, ok?!

We chilled out in the room for a while and I watched Stacey of course. I mean, why wouldn’t I?!

It was about 4:30 so we headed over to the Swan for our ADR.

I (of course) took pictures on the way over.
365ve.jpg

366s.jpg

367pc.jpg

368y.jpg

369k.jpg

370wy.jpg

371p.jpg

Hey look! It’s the Fish!
372k.jpg

We got over to the Swan and headed inside.
373li.jpg

374nk.jpg

375uz.jpg

I LOVE this chandelier in the Swan. It’s beautiful!
376v.jpg

378j.jpg

The Swan and Dolphin, excuse me, FISH are very pretty, but I just don’t get a Disney “feel” when I’m in there. It just doesn’t feel the same to me.

379cx.jpg

We went into the gift shop and used the bathroom. We still had a little time left before our ADR but we decided to check in early.​

chocolate croissants are the stuff dreams are made of YUMMERZ!!
Oh the Beach Club *swoon* one day ,one day!!!

Garden Grove!

Where were we going to exactly (well you already know from the title...)? Garden Grove (for those of you who didn't see the title...)! Now many of you lovely people probably have never heard of Garden Grove. I have actually never seen a review of it so I’m thinking not many people have been there. Well maybe some people have and I just don’t know anything.

We checked in early and I peaked in the doorway and it looked like not many people were in there. Interesting…

We got right in and there were only about 10 families in the whole restaurant. It felt a little awkward at first, but more people started coming in so it got better.

Our waiter, Aziz, came over and took our drink orders and told us about the buffet. He said to go up whenever we were ready.

I HAD to take pictures of the restaurant. It is BEAUTIFUL in there.

381qq.jpg

382b.jpg

387rk.jpg

388j.jpg

393a.jpg

I just couldn’t stop taking pictures. It was amazing in there! The tree in the middle is just incredible. The atmosphere is breathtaking!

We were going to get up for the buffet and then we noticed a familiar face come out from the back. If you didn’t know, Garden Grove is a character meal. Usually they have Goody and Pluto but instead of Pluto that night, they had Minnie and let me tell you, Mum was VERY excited.

Goofy came out first so we waited at our table so we wouldn’t miss him.

When we got to our table, he spent A TON of time with us. A lot of the time, characters don’t spend a ton of time with me because I’m a teenager but Goofy and Minnie that night were awesome! The character interaction was great. And since there weren’t many people there, we got to spend a lot longer with them, so it was nice to not have them rush around.

385pw.jpg

386zn.jpg

Like usual, I look horrendous.

Goofy’s handler pin traded with me when Goofy was at the next table. I gave him a Fozzie Bear pin and I picked out an Orange Bird one!

After we met Goofy, we went up to the buffet. On certain nights of the week, they have a different menu. So they have a Mediterranean night, seafood night, and BBQ night. Since we had seafood the night before, we decided to do the BBQ and we aren’t big Mediterranean fans anyways.

They had a ton to pick from!

We got our food and went back to our table.

My plate.
383mv.jpg

Bread, fruit (trying to be healthy in Disney! Unheard of, I know!),THE FULLY LOADED POTATO SALAD, mac and cheese, corn, baked beans, and meat.

I enjoyed the food very much. I loved the baked beans and the potato salad (of course!).

Mum’s plate.
384ui.jpg

Mashed potatoes, meat, cole slaw, looks like green bean casserole (???) and mac and cheese.

When we were eating, Minnie came out next!

She came over to us and she LOVED my ears and she kept pointing to one of my pins that had Mickey on it. Just precious!

389j.jpg

I look awful once again…

And then Minnie went over to Mum and she pretty much was a little kid. She was so excited and it was so cute! Minnie loved her shirt too!

390ho.jpg

After we met Minnie, we went up to get dessert.

We pretty much got stuff from the kid’s corner. Since you know, I am five years old. And kids desserts are 5000000x better.

My desserts.
391ox.jpg

A brownie, a cookie, and some other yummy dessert that I don’t know.

Mum’s desserts.
392se.jpg

A brownie, I think a key lime pie, a cookie, and that unknown dessert.

We really liked the desserts and we thought they were better than Cape May’s.

Minnie and Goofy came around again and they stopped at our table.

Aziz came over and we chatted with him for a bit. He was telling us it was a very slow night for some reason and he was telling us about the other nights at Garden Grove.

He gave us our bill and then we headed out.

Before we left, we talked to the manager of Garden Grove and we told her how much we loved everything.

Garden Grove
Food: We loved the food. They had a ton of variety and everything was well cooked. 5/5
Atmosphere: The atmosphere is awesome. I LOVE the tree. And it wasn’t noisy at all in there. It was great. 5/5
Service: Aziz did a fantastic job. He was very nice and very quick. 5/5
Character interaction: The character interaction was AMAZING. They came around several times and spent so much time with us. 5/5

So as you can see, Garden Grove is a must do! We absolutely loved it and it isn’t a very well known restaurant on property. I would totally recommend it! And Mum and I both agreed we like Garden Grove A LOT better than Cape May. The food is a lot better, the atmosphere is great, and they have characters for dinner! And plus Garden Grove is like half the price.

We headed out of the Swan and got in the queue--queue is one of my vocab words this week in English and pretty much no one knew what it meant. I knew of course! :-) -- for Hollywood Studios.
395rc.jpg

Some guy kept flirting with Mum in line. He seriously wouldn't stop taking to her. He said he was married, but for a second I thought he was going to invite her out on a date or something. He said it was his first time in Disney and left his family for the night and went to the ESPN Zone. Ok then…

The boat pulled up soon and we were off!

Had dinner at the Swan and now heading to Hollywood Studios!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter