Did you ever have a personalized license plate ?

Yes only bcuz on a collector car, 11P YM....says MY 911 when someone sees in their rear view mirror. Nothing we’d like enough for daily cars

I guess it depends on what the collector car is. I have a 1965 Mustang and it has the original black California license plates that were issued to the car when it was sold new in 1965. Allegedly that adds about $1,000 to the value of a restored Mustang.

I never have done a personalized license plate but I did buy when I first got my car a license plate frame that you can customized with words (and it had a few symbols too) using tiles provided (sorta looked like scrabble tiles) and you could switch those tiles out as often as you wanted.

It was this only in silver:

I had that on my car until I graduated college and bought an alumni frame.

When I lived in California I had a personalized plate with my name on it. When the car got totaled I never registered my new car for a personalized one. I've toyed with doing it again here in Tennessee but haven't done it yet.

I got one for my first car, at 16 years old. I still have it 40 years later, and many vehicles later!

When I was younger on my Mustang "Wild-1"

At the time I got it, the state charged an additional $25/yr for vanity plates. By the time I got rid of the Mustang it was up to $100/yr. I decided vanity plates weren't worth it to me anymore and never got another one.

I haven't, but I was behind a car this morning on my way to work with an "EPCOT82" license plate. They also had a castle decal on the back window and a Mickey antenna topper.

I don't have a personalized plate, but each time the state has made us switch to new plates, I've paid the one-time fee to keep my same license plate number. I've had the same plate number since I bought my first car when I graduated from college a "few" years ago.

I do, by accident... The University I teach for put out a plea the very last days of when I needed to renew & so I obliged. BUT I had to pick the letters or numbers! :scared:
I picked "LUVFAM" & everyone loves it!
My brother collects them & puts them around his garage & even asked me for it when I'm done :blush: 💓

My very first one (while still in high school) was SMOOVE. I have no idea why.

I eventually replaced it with DURAN 2. Thanks to that plate, John Taylor noticed me at one of their concerts and waved.

Now I no longer own a car, so no plates.

When I go to work in the morning in Indiana, I see a car with DURAN2 as their vanity plate.

When I got a new car 5 years ago I told my kids they could pick the plate.
They knew it would have to be Star Wars themed, so they came up with a shortened version of Millennium Falcon.
I drive it proudly :)

and if you dont have it anymore what did it say ?

In my early 20s, I request one that said "Jason" it come back Jason6, I had it 4-5 years

My husband has had one since his senior year of high school when he got his first car. It says the name of his college and his graduation year. We transfer the plate every time we get a new car, and he still has it 35 years later.

and if you dont have it anymore what did it say ?

In my early 20s, I request one that said "Jason" it come back Jason6, I had it 4-5 years
Yes, I did. It said "lilshmu" (that's me!) Sadly, the car got stolen out of our driveway one night :(

I had one with my name and didn't keep it when I sold my car (darn it). I recently got one that says "PUXA APQ" - an endearment for the place my grandfather was born and where I am close to my family in northern Spain (Asturias) - PUXA is their dialect equivalent of saying VIVA (or long live). APQ = Asturias Patria Querida (Asturias beloved land)... so my license plate means to me: "Long Live Asturias, beloved land" ... and the background is Yosemite. So far, two places I love. Now I just need a Texas license plate frame, and I'm good to go. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!