Did I donate enough?

I want you to know a donation has been made in your name to the Human Fund ("money for people"). Happy Festivus.

I also made two donations - 50% of my paycheque to PETA and 50% to my church (I believe in DOG in case anyone is interested).

That is very kind!

And in the spirit of giving and self-sacrifice, which is what this season of friendship and family should be all about, I'm going to give a donation in both your names to a charity I started with a few friends-Quarters for Quitters. We try to provide monetary incentive to ugly and/or fat people to either quit a gym or work out in off hours so us attractive people don't have to be subjected to it, and the undesirables don't have to feel bad about themselves. Our motto is Charity begins at L.A. Fitness.

That is very kind!

And in the spirit of giving and self-sacrifice, which is what this season of friendship and family should be all about, I'm going to give a donation in both your names to a charity I started with a few friends-Quarters for Quitters. We try to provide monetary incentive to ugly and/or fat people to either quit a gym or work out in off hours so us attractive people don't have to be subjected to it, and the undesirables don't have to feel bad about themselves. Our motto is Charity begins at L.A. Fitness.

How wonderful of you. But, you could ask yourself if you're giving enough. If ever you do, just stop at a Starbucks and have a coffee until the feeling goes away.

No, no Starbucks Coffee. How about a nice pair of mittens instead. Sure, they're not as satisfying to drink, they warm from the inside out! Shame about the slightly chewy texture though.

If OP is still following and actually wants to buy an extra coat, Sears had kids coats for $19.99. You don't need to let us know if after this one you wonder if its enough.

That is very kind!

Love the photos of your kids! So cute!!

I'm thinking about donating one of those big inflatable arms that you can reach over your shoulder with to pat yourself on the back.

OP I think you've purchased enough with what you already have and see no reason for you to feel as if you need to do any more.

As far as what other people do...don't worry about it. They have to look at themselves in the mirror....you have to look at yourself.

At least, with the celebrites, there are fans who will donate to whatever because their idol did. Or because, if they call into the telethon thingie they might get to speak to a "star".

I agree wtih you, but will cut the stars a wee bit of slack.

ITA with this. I volunteer with a charity here in Boston that has very close ties to the Red Sox. One of the big events we do is a 2 day telethon that takes place at Fenway Park. We usually have the Red Sox wives come and answer phones for us for an hour or two.

I remember several years ago, one of the younger wives, of a then-superstar told us, "I think I'm going to tell people who I am, maybe they'll give us more money!". So was so adorable and charming I'm not convinced it did not work. :thumbsup2

So I will also cut the celebrities some slack if their name recognition helps to raise funds.

I tried to stay away because I knew it had gotten bad.
I wasn't looking for a pat on my back. I decided against getting another coat, and instead threw in a hat I got to use up my reward points.
Instead I decided to donate to the animal shelter. A fleece blanket. Cheap, but my kitty I got from there is going to help make it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter