Did anyone get seasick who never thought they would??

lmhall2000

May the road rise to meet you....May God hold you
I can do the salt and pepper shaker ride at county fairs, soar upside down, turn me backwards, do the airshot ride...and never feel queasy, really the only time I've felt 'green' is due to stomach virus or sulfa meds...so am I overconfident that being on a ship won't affect me? I grew up on a small ski boat, water skiied (sp?) from age 4 up..have been on deep sea fishing vessels and sailboats....never a problem....just hope I'm not fooling myself that I don't need to stock up on seasick stuff and heard that it was free at the ship??

Thanks for sharing your experiences!
Tara

I can do the salt and pepper shaker ride at county fairs, soar upside down, turn me backwards, do the airshot ride...and never feel queasy, really the only time I've felt 'green' is due to stomach virus or sulfa meds...so am I overconfident that being on a ship won't affect me? I grew up on a small ski boat, water skiied (sp?) from age 4 up..have been on deep sea fishing vessels and sailboats....never a problem....just hope I'm not fooling myself that I don't need to stock up on seasick stuff and heard that it was free at the ship??

Thanks for sharing your experiences!
Tara

If you've been blue water fishing - you should be good to go.

I've been sick 3 times fishing - in 65' & 26 foot boats in 18+ foot swells and once in an 18 foot boat in 12+ chop.

Never had any problem on a cruise - I was on the Magic in Hurricane Hannah - my guess is the seas that day were 25+, but the Magic is a lot bigger than 65'....

You should be good to go!

I never got any type of motion sickness. I could ride all rides, go on boats out on the lake, read in the car, anything and everything. Then I went on my first cruise and had horrible motion sickness. Spend the first night of the cruise in bed. Since then I get car sick, cruise sick, motion sick in hammocks (crazy right?). I am not sure what changed or why but I found it funny that it happend after my motion sickness on my first cruise.

Now the first time I cruised with Disney I forgot my motion sickness meds, and I was find. Nothing at all. Then after that I just did not want to chance it so I have taken something everytime since!

Have a great time! Disney is the best and only way to cruise!!!

I was like you, Tara! Never got motion sickness on any amusement park ride, no problem on small boats, so I was positive I wouldn't have any problem on a big cruise ship. Fortunately, I brought Bonine anyway since I was worried about my DH, who's pretty motion sensitive. Well, DH was fine the entire trip, but I definitely got queasy! Was very glad I brought the Bonine. :thumbsup2

I don't remember DCL having free seasick meds, but I know you can buy them in the shops on board.

Well I very easily get car sick, absolutely hate riding the tea cups but my kiddos love them and always want to barf after riding a roller coaster but felt great on the cruise 2yrs ago where the dining rooms were less than 1/2 full because of people being ill from sea sickness :confused3 :confused3 my oldest son is the same as me everything make him queezy but was just fine on both cruises.

I can ride any ride except the ones that just spin (like the teacups). I've been on smaller excursion ships on some rough waters with no problems. I spent many hours of my youth and young adulthood in a fishing boat and never got sick. But I got sick on the cruise. Seabands and ginger gum didn't help. Spent the first evening totally miserable. Went down to guest services in the morning when I was able to leave the room and got some Meclizine. I was fine after that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!