Did 2020 room rates just go up?

mshanson3121

DIS Veteran
I've been eyeballing, pricing a trip for next June. I had all the figures on our computer saved. I was just online today pricing again for fun, and it looks like the base rate for our room (same room, same dates) is roughly $150 higher. Did they sneak a rate change in there? I know other prices have been raised (food, mugs etc).

I can't say I'm surprised that the rack rates are going up - it's getting to be the time for them to offer the 15-20-15% off room rate discounts. God forbid they don't jack up the prices before offering the discount LOL

yeah, that was my thinking .... they had announced the 40% off at Riviera for Disney Chase Visa holders so I figure other discounts will come soon ... so jack the price up, then the discount gets you back to the original rate but people feel like they are getting a "deal" now

I've been eyeballing, pricing a trip for next June. I had all the figures on our computer saved. I was just online today pricing again for fun, and it looks like the base rate for our room (same room, same dates) is roughly $150 higher. Did they sneak a rate change in there? I know other prices have been raised (food, mugs etc).
Made a reservation a couple of months ago for early 2020, and the rates are still the same for me. So it's not every room that has seen a rack rate increase.

so side note, given this topic coming up I went to check rates for the room I have booked for February and it is showing no availability (we need a room that fits 5 people so I know a bit limited to start) - so a) glad I booked when I did and b) makes me less confident about a discount coming up for my room in the future

so side note, given this topic coming up I went to check rates for the room I have booked for February and it is showing no availability (we need a room that fits 5 people so I know a bit limited to start) - so a) glad I booked when I did and b) makes me less confident about a discount coming up for my room in the future
Please tell me that isn’t for the first week of February!!! Been holding hope for not insane crowds 😬

Please tell me that isn’t for the first week of February!!! Been holding hope for not insane crowds 😬

no, for the third week, during President's Week (we are booked from the 15ht - 21st) ... I know it will be crowded given the school breaks, but was just a bit surprised to see no availability at this time (for the room type I wanted/needed - plenty of other options)

I think so a little. We also are looking for a room for 5, flexible on which week, but February. When I was looking a couple of days ago, there were a few options below 250, now there are not. Some close, but nothing under - where a couple of days ago there were things under. There is a price point they need to hit or I will book off property. I assume a discount is coming. I think the AP discount for February came out in early November last year, so I'll hold to see.

I literally booked yesterday at CBR for 284 a night for next august, standard room. I had been following that rate for months, been the same ever since they released the 2020 rates. I just checked now, 284 a night.

Pop and AoA aren't really Value resorts any more. They're Moderates. The only Value resorts now are the All Star resorts.

Pop and AoA aren't really Value resorts any more. They're Moderates. The only Value resorts now are the All Star resorts.

I don’t see it that way. For my dates next summer, Pop is roughly $40 more per night then an AllStar, but the cheapest moderate room is over $90 more per night than Pop.

You’ll find a wide variety of different rates when you plug in different dates so YMMV.

So it seems as though the rate increase only affects some resorts. The rates I checked were for All Star Movies.

Its seems like Feb 6th & 7th are sold out at most hotels. If you exclude them, lots of availability. I believes there an even at ESPN over those dates

Its seems like Feb 6th & 7th are sold out at most hotels. If you exclude them, lots of availability. I believes there an even at ESPN over those dates

We are going over Presidents Week and there was defintiely still plenty of availability elsewhere, but we need a room that fits 5 and we have CBR booked and there was now nothing left there that fit 5 (obviously a more limited scope of what we need/are looking at)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter