"Diaper" Bag Question

WDWorBUST

DIS Veteran
I'm not really looking for a "diaper" bag because DD is out of diapers. What I would like to find is a bag for an almost 4 year old that is big enough for park necessities (including a change of clothes, sunscreen, etc) but small enough I can toss in the basket under a Maclaren Quest when we don't need anything. I really want to cut back on the amoung of crap we carry into the parks with us. But with a child her age there are still things we NEED. Any good bag suggestions?

I have a Fisher Price back pack (small enough my 2 year old can carry it on his back) that is intended to be a diaper bag...it worked great because he could carry it when he wanted to, it does not look like a diaper bag, easy to carry when needed, and it is easily fit on the bottom of a stroller. I think they carry them at Kids R Us...worked well for us. Have fun!!

I highly recommend the baggalini mess bag. It is small enough to fit under my travel stroller but can expand to hold alot of stuff. You can find pictures ot on ebags.com

I highly recommend the baggalini mess bag. It is small enough to fit under my travel stroller but can expand to hold alot of stuff. You can find pictures ot on ebags.com

DITTO! This trip, I am not bringing a traditional diaper bag. DD is 2 and DS will soon be 6. All I really need to carry is a few diapers, wipes, a sippie cup, snacks, a change of clothes, etc. The Baggalinni is PERFECT!!!!! I got it in PINK, so DH said he ABSOLUTELY will not carry it. But it will be perfect to hang on the stroller and I'll be glad to carry it on rides! It has so many compartments, it's a GREAT bag. Search the internet for BAGSBUY.com discount codes. And if you sign up for their website, you can get an additional 10% off.

GOOD LUCK!

Double ditto! I used a red one on our last trip and it was the perfect size for a change of clothes, wipes, snacks, autograph books, camera, a sippy cup and cell phone. I also liked the pocket in the strap for holding our tickets/fastpasses. We didn't use a stroller last time, but the bag would have easily fit underneath one.

I have a HAIKU toddler to go bag.
41HW8NSBYYL._AA280_.jpg

There is a gal on ebay (user id say*cheese) who makes a really cool bag that is convertible. It will attach to the handle of your stroller or you can carry it via straps.

Just had to add, I'm another Baggallini Messenger Bag fan. We used one for our past Disney trip and it has pretty much become my everyday "diaper" bag now. Love the compartments, enough to keep organized but not too many that you forget where things are. I also have a 2 year old and an almost 6 year old. Like everyone else said, it would fit the things you mentioned perfectly.

I have to say, that Haiku bag is pretty cute!

I keep reading about these Baggelini (sp?) bags. I found one on amazon for 14 dollars plus shipping. It is a messenger rip bag? I hope it wont be too big. But I am anxious to see what all the fuss is about with this bag!!!!!!!

But hey,,, I am going in Sept with free dining. If i dont like it, I can buy something there and I wont feel ripped off!

For our last trip I bought a small sling style backpack, it is the Mini Sling from REI. I like it so well that I carry it now as an every day bag. DD is still in diapers but even in the parks I only carry 3-4 diapers/day, baby wipes, anitbacterial wipes, a sunhat, sunglasses, a change of clothes that I squish into a quart size ziploc, a few disposable bibs, a small water bottle, and snacks. I also have my stuff, camera, phone, park maps, anitbacterial lotion, sunscreen, itinerary and a very small first aid kit mostly for blisters. Anyway there was plenty of room in the bag for the parks. I now carry it everywhere and I don't really notice it, I turn it around front when I am on rides without taking it off. It is a pretty flat bag and I'm sure it would fit easily under the Maclaren unless you had it really stuffed. Last time I checked they were on sale too.

I keep reading about these Baggelini (sp?) bags. I found one on amazon for 14 dollars plus shipping. It is a messenger rip bag? I hope it wont be too big. But I am anxious to see what all the fuss is about with this bag!!!!!!!

But hey,,, I am going in Sept with free dining. If i dont like it, I can buy something there and I wont feel ripped off!

Thanks for the heads up on the one listed at amazon! I don't know if I'll get it before my trip, but I've been dying to see what all the hoopla was with these bags too! It came to $19.41 with shipping. I'm hoping to have it in time, but if not, I can always use it around here. My youngest is 2-1/2 yrs and newly potty trained so I can now start to down size the amount of junk I carry. I'm hoping this will do the trick!

I like to take a back pack. It can be carried easily and everything we need fits into it.

I have a baggallini messenger sling bag which i LOVE and use it as my purse when travelling. Holds money, tickets, cell phone, glasses, etc. - all the stuff you don't want to lose.

But for my dd's diapers, change of clothes, snacks, etc. we use a simple backpack. It is just nylon, totally unstructured and unpadded, so we can fit all our stuff in it and it will easily smush (technical word ;) ) to fit under the stroller. I like being able to leave this stuff in the stroller while we are in restaurants and rides and not have to worry about it. I keep my baggallini with the money, etc. with me.

I always use a backpack too - however, if you're searching for a bag that you can attach to your stroller handles...
Skip Hop makes a line of affordable bags for Target now! They are very similar to the Skip Hop Duo. Here's a link to the camo one, but they also come in red and black
http://http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/sr=1-13/qid=1185754839/ref=sr_1_13/601-0773956-5931348?ie=UTF8&asin=B000PTZMPY

Sheesh! I wish I would have known about the SKip Hop for Target diaper bags before I forked over about $70 plus dollars for mine! Although I do love it!

I usually carry a "belly" bag (my term for fanny pack) for my stuff because if I'm wearing it I can't leave it anywhere. I keep hearing so much about the Baggallinni messenger bag I may have to try it for our "park" stuff.

When we went with our 2 1/2 year old, I actually had two smallish sized bags to go in the storage area of our Maclaren Triumph. This worked great because one had snacks and drinks, the other had stuff like diapers and such. I only had to pull out the one that I needed, rather than one giant bag filled with tons of stuff.

I also used a SMALL messenger style bag across my body. Much better than a backpack for going on rides and such. And much more attractive than a fanny pack. Since it went over one shoulder to the opposite hip, it didn't fall off the way a purse does.

Anyway, that's what we'll be doing when we go back in 6 months with a 4 year old and an 18 month old!

I bought a Diaper Dude "messenger" bag. It's very roomy, has tons of pockets and is made to either be worn across your body or over the handles of strollers. It's great. I love it. My step kids are 8 and 5, it's big enough to carry everything they might need, plus it has "diet coke" holders...aka bottle pockets...and technically diet coke IS in a bottle so it works out! I love mine.

travelingtikes.com has the best price on the web and free shipping. Anywhere else you will pay over $65...I got mine for $49.99!!

It also doubles as my school bag during the year. Nobody knows it is supposed to be a diaper bag!

good luck!!:thumbsup2

Before our trip earlier this year I worried about finding the perfect bag. I bought both a bagallini and some other bag that everyone raved about on these boards. What I ended up using, though, was my good ol' Lands' End day tripper diaper bag. It was perfect! It's small so that we only carried what we really needed, it wasn't a pain to keep with me when we went on rides, and I could easily stow it in the stroller. We didn't need to carry diapers and I didn't pack any extra clothes. The tripper held two autograph books, 5-6 sharpies, my cell phone, digital camera, credit cards, chapstick, sunscreen stick, gum, and sunglasses. A child-sized outfit packed in a ziploc would've fit just fine, too. Those other two bags are using up space in my closet now, and I'm out $60 or so. Duh.

I should've known that I really didn't need to buy a new bag--I already had a great one. I think it's called the Little Tripper now. I bought it 7 years ago, so I'm sure the model is now "improved"! Just another idea...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter