DHS/Toy Story Land "Early Morning Magic" (EMM) FAQ & Discussion

I am curious where the non-EMM rope drop crowd will be positioned and where we will have access to be at rope drop. I'd love to go get a quick ride in at RNR before heading to breakfast, but I worry we will be swimming upstream and end up behind a huge non-EMM rope drop crowd.

Yes so many questions that we can only speculate on now. need a few instances and experiences shared before planning rope drop after 9, best time to hit breakfast, EMM crowd level, how many rides in TSL can you squeeze in before rope drop crowd gets loose, etc.

I'm also hoping they allow early Jedi Training registration with this. Looks like that was the process when EMM was previously offered in HS. Fingers crossed it will be that way this time as well.

Yes so many questions that we can only speculate on now. need a few instances and experiences shared before planning rope drop after 9, best time to hit breakfast, EMM crowd level, how many rides in TSL can you squeeze in before rope drop crowd gets loose, etc.

I think the upcoming AP “Passholder Play Time” (first date is 9/4) will give us a good glimpse of how they handle rope drop with an AM PPO event. That event has scheduled windows 7-8 and 8-9am. Might give us some clues as to how EMM mornings will be handled.

Too much $$$ for my family of five when only 3/5 will want to ride SDD.

But, it has me worried about going to HS on a Monday with the plan to rope drop SDD. I’m assuming we won’t be able to get a FP+ that early in our trip (60+2).

Will be very curious to hear what this does to the morning wait times on SDD.

But, it has me worried about going to HS on a Monday with the plan to rope drop SDD..

We're expecting it to be between 200-400 guests (assuming its similar to MK EMM) with early access that will have likely had their fill of SDD by park open... I doubt it makes any noticeable impact at all to SDD waits.

We're expecting it to be between 200-400 guests (assuming its similar to MK EMM) with early access that will have likely had their fill of SDD by park open... I doubt it makes any noticeable impact at all to SDD waits.

I'm sort of curious about this... To me, TSL, and these three rides in particular, seems like it could hold a higher capacity than MK EMM. The layout of the land/rides, the fact all three will be popular (vs MK which is really just 1.5, IMHO). Seems like it could "absorb" more people and still provide a reasonable experience.

Obviously all speculation! :-)

I did just do a breeze through the dates.... none are fully booked yet.

SDD is the only really draw to this and that is definitely not worth $80 a person IMO.

The other rides are easy FP and if you're going to be at HS that early for EMM anyway you could put yourself at prime rope drop position for SDD.

Besides, the toy story land rides are soooooo much better at night.

I'm sort of curious about this... To me, TSL, and these three rides in particular, seems like it could hold a higher capacity than MK EMM. The layout of the land/rides, the fact all three will be popular (vs MK which is really just 1.5, IMHO). Seems like it could "absorb" more people and still provide a reasonable experience.

Yeah, my one fear is they increase the number of tickets sold. That's the only thing that would make me stop jumping for joy I get to do this in October...

I did just do a breeze through the dates.... none are fully booked yet.

So did I. Haha. What is wrong with us? ;-). I checked for 10 people... all still available for a party of 10.

We are doing this! MNSSHP on 9-16 and doing EMM on 9-17. We are staying at the Dolphin, so it won’t take us forever to get over to Hollywood Studios in the morning. We don’t have our 5 year old with us through, this is a quick adults only trip. If we had our daughter, we wouldn’t do it. She wouldn’t be able to handle the lack of sleep.
I’m hoping she will make it until midnight at the party, I just think she would be tired and grouchy and then we would be both miserable! It seems like so much fun and to knock out all 3 TSL rides and a meet and greet that is a must do for us would be worth the money! Too bad we only have a short trip and only one date for MNSSHP.

We are going on 10/17, the morning after we do MNSSHP on 10/16. But we are two adults so hopefully there won't be any whining!

We just booked this for our EPCOT day. It actually works perfectly since it's so easy to get to EPCOT from DHS. We'll head over there after breakfast. Our first FP at EPCOT is at 1:55pm.
I would totally do if it was just adults! I just don’t think my 6 year old could handle staying up to midnight (or even past that by the time we made it back to POR)and be happy about getting up early the next morning. We are also planning on hopping back and forth between Epcot & DHS that day too, what do you find to be the easiest or fastest way to get between the two parks? It’s our first time hopping straight from one park to another

Will this make a noticeable impact on crowds in the morning for those of us who aren't doing EMM? We are going 10/29 as our HS day and I might show up a bit later than RD if crowds will be worse.

what do you find to be the easiest or fastest way to get between the two parks?

Easiest and fastest in this case are two different things.

The easiest way to get back and forth is the nice, relaxing Friendship Boat. But since you have to actually wait for the boat and it makes a few stops in between the parks, the fastest way is probably by walking.

I've done both and they are both enjoyable at times. If it's later in the day, or later in the trip and I want to save myself some steps, I would wait for the boat. I also take the boat when I'm with my dear mom. DH and I are going alone in October and we will likely walk.

Will this make a noticeable impact on crowds in the morning for those of us who aren't doing EMM? We are going 10/29 as our HS day and I might show up a bit later than RD if crowds will be worse.
Assuming it works like MK EMM then no, it won’t have any impact on RD crowds.

SDD is the only really draw to this and that is definitely not worth $80 a person IMO.

The other rides are easy FP and if you're going to be at HS that early for EMM anyway you could put yourself at prime rope drop position for SDD.

Besides, the toy story land rides are soooooo much better at night.

And see, I’m the opposite. It’s worth it for my family. I have a 2 year old...I was planning to do TSMM, AS2, and the character meet anyway. Being able to do these with minimal wait will be nice. I think he is tall enough for SDD, so we will also be able to do that with minimal wait if he wants to ride. And if he doesn’t want to, my husband and I can both take a turn. Having a breakfast is nice for us too. We don’t stay in the parks late...the kid just doesn’t last that long yet.

This event will definitely have different “worth” to different families.

Apologies for what could be a stupid question. But with a 1-day cancellation policy, does that mean I can still cancel the day before the event and get a full refund, or would it have to be 2 days before? I.E. - if event is on 10/29, would I need to cancel by 10/27 or could I still cancel on 10/28 for refund?

And see, I’m the opposite. It’s worth it for my family. I have a 2 year old...I was planning to do TSMM, AS2, and the character meet anyway. Being able to do these with minimal wait will be nice. I think he is tall enough for SDD, so we will also be able to do that with minimal wait if he wants to ride. And if he doesn’t want to, my husband and I can both take a turn. Having a breakfast is nice for us too. We don’t stay in the parks late...the kid just doesn’t last that long yet.

This event will definitely have different “worth” to different families.
Us too! We've done the Magic Kingdom one 3xs. We love being able to ride multiple times. And when we do Rider Switch for Mine Train, one of us just takes my son on Winnie the Pooh again. It allows us to not be running from place to place to place first thing in the morning and enjoy getting some nice pictures. This one having the character meets available makes it very valuable. It took us about an hour to get through both character meets last week first thing in the morning.

It's funny because I belong to a Facebook group and I'm the only one who seems to think it's worth it. Everyone saying, oh but the lines are less than an hour anyway....15 minutes in line with a 2 year old is too long. So I will gladly pay this to make everything a walk on.

It's funny because I belong to a Facebook group and I'm the only one who seems to think it's worth it. Everyone saying, oh but the lines are less than an hour anyway....15 minutes in line with a 2 year old is too long. So I will gladly pay this to make everything a walk on.

Truer words have never been spoken. Anything I can do to avoid lines, I do!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter