DFAP Premier Session - dress restriction help

HauntedMitcheners

Earning My Ears
Long time lurker, first time poster! Hope this is the right place.

We're booking a premier portrait session for our 5th anniversary- we are not doing a vow renewal or wedding event.
Originally wanting Magic Kingdom/Hollywood Studios, but I am a bit confused on the MK dress code restriction.
I know "formal bridal attire" is not allowed.
Aside from the obvious (no big, white dress)...what exactly does that mean?
Since we got engaged at Dapper Day I had visions of a more formal dapper vibe. Possibly a sheath/maxi in blush pink or gold or maroon. When I asked Disney for clarification the gallery examples they responded with seemed very, very casual to me. And many posts here mention 'streetwear'. If casual is our only option we might just skip the kingdom altogether :/

I am in NO WAY trying to find a loop hole to their policy and sneak in a "bridal" look. Really just looking for a better understanding of the parameters and/or what Disney considers formal bridal wear. This is a dream come true for me, a big splurge for us, and it is DISNEY. So naturally we're hoping to look our best. But I'd hate to be asked to change or worse- turned away!!
Any insight, examples, or tips you have would be greatly appreciated.

What you mentioned would probably be ok. Street wear is pretty broad. I’ve seen people walking around the parks in 4 inch stilettos. I personally have several dresses from the Dress shop that I wear into the parks which seems no less dressy than a sheath or maxi

several dresses from the Dress shop that I wear into the parks which seems no less dressy
I love the dress shop dresses and have a few too! That's really helpful.
When we started looking into it I thought we'd had some wiggle room with dressing up.
I took the 'formal bridal' policy at face value- no big white wedding dresses, veils, flowers, or tuxes.
But then in one of the wedding galleries I saw a bride in a gold dress very similar to one I've been eyeing, which gave me pause- would they consider any formal gown/dress "bridal"?
First to admit I might be overthinking this 😅

We did a pre-park opening Enhanced in WS for DD’s graduation photos, and she wore a maxi/sheath dress with heels.
That sounds lovely!! I hope I'm just overthinking it, but for some reason just really hung up on the examples given!!
Nothing against white shirts and jeans, but I could do that tomorrow in front of the castle if i wanted to hehe

That sounds lovely!! I hope I'm just overthinking it, but for some reason just really hung up on the examples given!!
Nothing against white shirts and jeans, but I could do that tomorrow in front of the castle if i wanted to hehe

You should be fine! Formal wedding attire is gown, tux, veil, etc. They don’t want wedding portraits due to their wedding packages.

Just FYI, they do allow quickie outfit changes and props. DD wanted some casual pics with her artwork. There’s a main photographer and assistant who totes the equipment/umbrella. You will feel like VIP.

We had a wonderful experience, and the photos turned out amazing. Enjoy your photo session!

You should be fine! Formal wedding attire is gown, tux, veil, etc. They don’t want wedding portraits due to their wedding packages.

Just FYI, they do allow quickie outfit changes and props. DD wanted some casual pics with her artwork. There’s a main photographer and assistant who totes the equipment/umbrella. You will feel like VIP.

We had a wonderful experience, and the photos turned out amazing. Enjoy your photo session!

Thank you! That's what I took it to mean, but then of course started to second guess myself. 😅🤦‍♀️
Feeling much better now, I'm glad I posted.
And ah that's so good to hear! We really are excited.

Any cute prop suggestions?

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter